Notices
Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

Leaking on new coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 12:09 PM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Re: Leaking on new coilovers?

Originally Posted by joshjohnson94eg
yes, they are a cheap set-up, however, some people cant fully afford to buy the best of the best. For example, as a full time student living on my own, I find it very difficult to save 2000 dollars for a legitimate set of coilovers. so I do plan on buying form functions. they are a good alternative if you are on a budget. I completely agree that good parts should be used, but if it is solely a daily driver, there is no need to buy racing coilovers. IMO.
What coilovers do you need as a college student that cost 2 grand? WTF are racing coilovers? As a college student living on his own what does that say about your priorities?

If you can't afford it then save up more money. There are better alternatives at or near that price point hands down. Stop trying to rationalize.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking into buying a cheap set of coilovers because my 89 covic sedan doesnt discriminate and probably wont like havin parts on it that almost cost more than the car itself. I stick to low budget mods because of that reason. If i had a lexus or newer si? Different story. Id be saving my money. I likethe affordability of these, and to be honest, companies have to start somewhere right? So out of all the cheap model coilovers, ive heard tried and true that these are pretty decent. Any complaints? Besides te initial leakage?
Old 03-31-2013, 11:24 AM
been there done that

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

good job trying to justify being cheap. any way you try to spin it, it still comes down to you being a cheapass.

maybe you should just leave your car stock
Old 04-01-2013, 02:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rufiogeezee
I'm looking into buying a cheap set of coilovers because my 89 covic sedan doesnt discriminate and probably wont like havin parts on it that almost cost more than the car itself. I stick to low budget mods because of that reason. If i had a lexus or newer si? Different story. Id be saving my money. I likethe affordability of these, and to be honest, companies have to start somewhere right? So out of all the cheap model coilovers, ive heard tried and true that these are pretty decent. Any complaints? Besides te initial leakage?
just go with ricelands or jokkor since you say your car is a piece anyways
Old 04-08-2013, 04:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damnyoufanboys!