Notices
Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

KW Coilover Suspension!

Old 08-24-2005, 06:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KW Coilover Suspension!

I must write a review on my KW suspension.

I received my KW suspension earlier this year. Got it on the race car and finally was able to take it out for a testing and it's first race. All I can say is WOW. This suspension is awesome. The range of adjustment feels huge. The shocks are made of SS and are fully serviceable. The kit I am using is the KW compeition 2 way adjustable kit found here.
http://www.kw-suspension.com/e...x.php

I have been privilaged to drive quite a few different shocks and set-ups as an instructor and these are by far one of the best I have used. These shocks do just what they are suppost to and that is saying alot. They are a high quality company and as such, should not really be compared to some other companies simply because of price.

KW makes lots of different kits for most cars, and is a very established company in Europe with racing and street vehicles. If you are thinking of picking up a set of high quality suspension for your car, KW is a company to consider. The customer service with the company is really good as well and the have most everything in stock here in the US unless you specially order a kit like me for competiton.

I should mention that KW is one of my sponsors and I did receive a price break, but that is not what is motivating me to write this. If I did not truely believe what I was writing, I would simply not say anything. I am under no obligation to write reviews, but felt I should say something because they are just that good.
I did a bit of research on HT and other places when looking for suspension, and there just was not a lot of info on KW. When at Sema, I was able to talk with all the different companies and I was really impressed with KW which led me to make this choice.
I am very happy with my choice, and really need to start messing with the compression adjustment as well.

I do not sell KW, nor am I promoting anyone who does. Just letting all of you know what "I" think about KW and how happy I am with them!

Old 08-24-2005, 10:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

J, are the dampers made in house? i keep thinking that Koni makes the dampers for one of these european suspension houses--can't remember if it's KW or H&R or whoever...
Old 08-24-2005, 11:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bad-monkey)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bad-monkey &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">J, are the dampers made in house? i keep thinking that Koni makes the dampers for one of these european suspension houses--can't remember if it's KW or H&R or whoever...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think its H&R, not positive though.

The car defently did well at the crossover, just get the alignment fixed.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (slammed_93_hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slammed_93_hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The car defently did well at the crossover, just get the alignment fixed. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, by someone that knows what they are doing. Maybe Bernardo can help me out at the next race!
I will have to try and convince him.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bad-monkey &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">J, are the dampers made in house? i keep thinking that Koni makes the dampers for one of these european suspension houses--can't remember if it's KW or H&R or whoever...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes. The KW's are made at the huge facility in Germany!
Old 08-25-2005, 01:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (prkiller)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by prkiller &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yeah, by someone that knows what they are doing. Maybe Bernardo can help me out at the next race!
I will have to try and convince him.

Yes. The KW's are made at the huge facility in Germany!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Jeremy,

Bernardo and I will be at the Streets of Willow event this Saturday helping out John Thawley. Will you be there?
Old 08-25-2005, 07:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts
Default Re: KW Coilover Suspension! (prkiller)

KW uses koni dampers for some of their product line. not positive if the 2 ways are as well. but the adjustment **** would be similar.

Old 08-25-2005, 09:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Johnny Mac)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Johnny Mac &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Jeremy,

Bernardo and I will be at the Streets of Willow event this Saturday helping out John Thawley. Will you be there?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Of course. I will be running my class as usual. I was not planning on bringing my CRX though, but maybe I should. Brakes are apart, trying to make a ducting system. Need to fix a couple things, and get my new softer springs for the front from KW. Then the car will be ready for Willow on the 10-11th! You gonna be there?
Old 08-25-2005, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by prkiller &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Of course. I will be running my class as usual. I was not planning on bringing my CRX though, but maybe I should. Brakes are apart, trying to make a ducting system. Need to fix a couple things, and get my new softer springs for the front from KW. Then the car will be ready for Willow on the 10-11th! You gonna be there?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh yes, I will be there. See ya Sat.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Johnny Mac)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Johnny Mac &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Oh yes, I will be there. See ya Sat.</TD></TR></TABLE>

See you there! Don't think I am going to have my car though. Finally to the point that it's not worth messing something up when I have a race 2 weeks later!

Old 08-26-2005, 03:18 PM
Clever Girl

bilstein makes the shocks for h&r.
Old 08-26-2005, 05:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (cpgfilth)

That is a great setup!

Pricey setup, but you need the best when your driving your car like you do.
Old 08-27-2005, 08:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I ave the H&R Ultra Low Coilovers on my crx.. I wonder how do these compare to mine ????

Old 08-27-2005, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: KW Coilover Suspension! (Rob.)

I actually had the H&R comp coilovers on this before this set. I liked them, but they were not up to the task of track racing! They were nice on the street though..
Old 08-27-2005, 10:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by prkiller &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I actually had the H&R comp coilovers on this before this set. I liked them, but they were not up to the task of track racing! They were nice on the street though..</TD></TR></TABLE>

hey jeremy i was ready in Sport compact car, and they installed some KW double adjustables on a project miata, any who, they went into some tech about how they use all 3 types of valving, needle, (and the others, i don't remeber), anyways they went on to discribe some more stuff. Sounds like they really know there stuff, and good products, one things for sure, you were haulin some **** round sears!!
Old 08-28-2005, 06:02 AM

KW V1 uses Koni Sports Struts.
The KW V2 i think they are Bilstein Struts.
Old 08-28-2005, 07:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (bad-monkey)

Koni has made parts for some of the KW product lines but that is tapering off or has already ended. I am not sure which as it is all arranged between them and Koni Holland. I do know that Koni management has not been too happy with KW nor has the Koni engineering department been too fired up about the technical side either. If it has not ended, I think it will soon. KW started out as simply a relabeller but they are transitioning into being a manufacturer from what I have heard.
Old 08-28-2005, 03:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: KW Coilover Suspension! (slammed_93_hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slammed_93_hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

hey jeremy i was ready in Sport compact car, and they installed some KW double adjustables on a project miata, any who, they went into some tech about how they use all 3 types of valving, needle, (and the others, i don't remeber), anyways they went on to discribe some more stuff. Sounds like they really know there stuff, and good products, one things for sure, you were haulin some **** round sears!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Do you remember which issue it was? I don't have a subscription to SCC anymore, so I will have to steal it from one of my friends.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRX Lee &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Koni has made parts for some of the KW product lines but that is tapering off or has already ended. I am not sure which as it is all arranged between them and Koni Holland. I do know that Koni management has not been too happy with KW nor has the Koni engineering department been too fired up about the technical side either. If it has not ended, I think it will soon. KW started out as simply a relabeller but they are transitioning into being a manufacturer from what I have heard.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Learn something new every day!
Old 08-28-2005, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hey i run that same setup on my CRX

Old 08-28-2005, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Do you remember which issue it was? I don't have a subscription to SCC anymore, so I will have to steal it from one of my friends.
!</TD></TR></TABLE>

its the issue with the Cusco STi on the front
Old 08-30-2005, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: KW Coilover Suspension! (shortyz21)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by shortyz21 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey i run that same setup on my CRX

</TD></TR></TABLE>

And do you like yours? Was it worth the price?
Old 09-03-2005, 03:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

And do you like yours? Was it worth the price?</TD></TR></TABLE>

hell yeah it was..

i mean some people scoff at them bcs they arent adjustable. when they are riding GC's and ******* AGX's or some crap like that.

i used to have eibach's and illuminas. in my opinion that **** was way to bumpy and stiff. the KW's u get the best of both worlds, good ride and great handling in the same package. (and u get height adjustment)

i would recomend them to anyone.

p.s. a few guys in BC run KW's. guy i know has the v3's oo dam they are sexy
Old 09-03-2005, 04:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: KW Coilover Suspension! (shortyz21)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by shortyz21 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

hell yeah it was..

i mean some people scoff at them bcs they arent adjustable. when they are riding GC's and ******* AGX's or some crap like that.

i used to have eibach's and illuminas. in my opinion that **** was way to bumpy and stiff. the KW's u get the best of both worlds, good ride and great handling in the same package. (and u get height adjustment)

i would recomend them to anyone.

p.s. a few guys in BC run KW's. guy i know has the v3's oo dam they are sexy </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, to many people are hung up on the "adjustable" shocks. Funny thing is, most people don't have the seat time to understand what the shocks need. Then they "guess" at some setting, or there buddy tells them what to put them at and they leave them just the way they are until they get rid of them!

Nothing wrong with non-adjustable coilovers. I had some H&R comp coilovers before these because it was a street car and I never regretted getting those just because they were non-adjustable! They were great, and did not require "setting" up!
Old 09-04-2005, 11:45 PM
Tad
Honda-Tech Member

kw's are sweet,
they'd sell alot more coilovers if they werent
purple/yellow

it's sad but tru
Old 09-06-2005, 08:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Tad)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">kw's are sweet,
they'd sell alot more coilovers if they werent
purple/yellow

it's sad but tru</TD></TR></TABLE>

But the purple/yellow is german bling!
Old 09-13-2005, 03:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Had a great weekend racing, and he KW's worked great. I am going to try some different spring rates for the next race!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: KW Coilover Suspension!