Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Suspension & Brakes (https://honda-tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes-54/)
-   -   Koni SPORT package???? OR TEIN BASIC DAMPER struts & springs?? (https://honda-tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes-54/koni-sport-package-tein-basic-damper-struts-springs-1552165/)

Yuenglinger Hatchbacker 03-08-2006 04:57 AM

Koni SPORT package???? OR TEIN BASIC DAMPER struts & springs??

I have a 91 Civic HB.
going to order one of these set ups today, from what i read they are both good rides..

which would be a better, stiffer, non bottoming out good handeling set up??

Solracer 03-08-2006 06:13 AM

Re: Koni SPORT package???? OR TEIN BASIC DAMPER struts & springs?? (Yuenglinger Hatchbacker)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Yuenglinger Hatchbacker &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have a 91 Civic HB.
going to order one of these set ups today, from what i read they are both good rides..

which would be a better, stiffer, non bottoming out good handeling set up??</TD></TR></TABLE>

Koni

Yuenglinger Hatchbacker 03-08-2006 06:14 AM

Re: Koni SPORT package???? OR TEIN BASIC DAMPER struts & springs?? (Solracer)

even the SPORT package??? they are a better ride then the "basic damper" ??

Solracer 03-08-2006 06:59 AM

Re: Koni SPORT package???? OR TEIN BASIC DAMPER struts & springs?? (Yuenglinger Hatchbacker)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Yuenglinger Hatchbacker &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">even the SPORT package??? they are a better ride then the "basic damper" ??</TD></TR></TABLE>

The Koni Shock is way better than the Basic Shock, so yes.

Yuenglinger Hatchbacker 03-08-2006 07:16 AM

EIBACH springs???
with Koni SPORT struts ( they are not the top of the line KONI's)
opposed to the TEIN springs????

So the KONI struts are better but are EIBACH springs better for handeling then the TEIN?? i notived the TEIN would give me more adjustability...

CelicaGTV6 03-08-2006 07:42 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Yuenglinger Hatchbacker &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">EIBACH springs???

So the KONI struts are better but are EIBACH springs better for handeling then the TEIN?? i notived the TEIN would give me more adjustability...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Which Eibach springs are you referring to?

What do you mean by "more" adjustability? How so? Just because it has 8 billion 'clicks' doesn't mean it's more adjustable. Think of it like a sub sandwich. Just because you can cut it into 10 pieces doesn't mean it's larger than a sandwich you cut into 8 pieces. To further my silly analogy, how do you know that all the sandwich pieces will be the same size? (hint: you don't. Check out the dyno graph thread at the top of the page for more info)

Interesting eh?

Solracer 03-08-2006 09:23 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Yuenglinger Hatchbacker &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">EIBACH springs???

So the KONI struts are better but are EIBACH springs better for handling then the TEIN?? i notived the TEIN would give me more adjustability...</TD></TR></TABLE>

The Tein Basic shocks is not adjustable for ride, only height. which for a street car is not that big of a deal. The Tein Basic will have linear springs which means the ride will be stiffer.

The Koni Sport Kits comes with Adjustable Stiffness and The Perch's can be adjusted down one from stock height to give you a lower ride, all thought it is not recommended with lowering springs. The eibach lowering springs are progressive rate which means the will ride nice, but get stiffer when compressed so the handling will improve as the springs are compressed, I would recommend this setup for most street cars.

KTeller8 03-08-2006 09:29 AM

Recommend

Koni Yellows

Tokico

Tein last.