Notices
Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

KONI "Lifetime Warranty"

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 10:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KONI "Lifetime Warranty"

I was wondering because Im gonna get the GC/KONI setup but wondering about the "Lifetime Warranty" on the KONI's. I'm a person that thinks that lifetime warranty is just too good to be true.

What are the conditions on lifetime warranty??

If a shock dies, does this count for lifetime warranty?

Anyone have real world experiences with the warranty process??

Wouldn't KONI go out of business??

Thanks

Old 03-19-2007, 11:01 AM
i HAS questions ?

Default Re: KONI "Lifetime Warranty" (radeonboy)

PM CRX Lee.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

they have a website, http://www.koni-na.com and after going to the FAQ section i found this

Q: What is theKONI warranty? How do I go about getting replacements?

A:The KONI warranty is a lifetime warranty to the original purchaser against defects in materials and workmanship and against wear out for as long as you own that car registered for street use. The warranty does not cover damage to the parts caused by misuse, misapplication, installation, motorsports, etc. The warranty does not include mounting bushings. If you determine you have a defective damper you can either contact the company which you purchased the unit(s) from or contact KONI North America directly at warranty@koni-na.com or 859-586-4100. To process your warranty, we will require a copy of the purchase receipt and a vehicle registration. We will generate a return goods authorization (RGA) and can replace the dampers in advance at your discretion. For more specific information about the warranty see inside back cover of our technical guide.

and here if the tech guide.

http://www.koni-na.com/pdf/tech.pdf

google.com works wonders
Old 03-19-2007, 01:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by radeonboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Anyone have real world experiences with the warranty process??

Wouldn't KONI go out of business??

Thanks

</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you search a few people have had experience with it, one case i remember koni going above and beyond there normal warrenty.

And no, they would only go out of business if they built crappy products, used lower quality parts, or didn't have good quality control.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

A friend purchased a set of of Koni 1150s, blew one up on a pothole that was large enough to break his forged BBS rim, told them he did exactly that, and still got a free replacement coilover. This is well outside of their warranty's limits, but he was cordial, didn't lie, and got excellent service. Since this point, I have tried to get everyone I know to purchase Koni products, not only are they incredibly high quality, but they stand behind them like no other.

Jon

PS: I know it is just one example, but it was good enough to sell me.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn is this all the same for kyb agx's?? for the agx's i know if you lower it more than 1.2-1.5 inches you wont be able to get them replaced.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bmoua)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bmoua &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">damn is this all the same for kyb agx's?? for the agx's i know if you lower it more than 1.2-1.5 inches you wont be able to get them replaced.</TD></TR></TABLE>

what are you asking, or are you even asking a question?

I am sure you could use google.com and find out more info about KYB AGXs warranty
Old 03-21-2007, 02:20 PM

Default Re: (slammed_93_hatch)

that warranty sounds good. is there warranties like those for tokicos?
Old 03-21-2007, 04:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (98GSRDC2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 98GSRDC2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that warranty sounds good. is there warranties like those for tokicos?</TD></TR></TABLE>

http://WWW.GOOGLE.COM

learn it, love it, USE IT
Old 04-04-2007, 05:01 AM

Default Re: KONI "Lifetime Warranty" (.dave)

For the life of me, I can't find a way to PM a HT member without asking for their email address in posts. Trying to contact CRX Lee about my Koni yellow.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:37 AM
#1 Super Guy

Received 123 Likes on 117 Posts
Default Re: KONI "Lifetime Warranty" (thtran66)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thtran66 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">For the life of me, I can't find a way to PM a HT member without asking for their email address in posts. Trying to contact CRX Lee about my Koni yellow.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Just click on "Send Instant Message to CRX Lee"...
https://honda-tech.com/zero...27915

If it still doesn't work, then you probably haven't been a member long enough or some dumb rule like that...
Old 04-04-2007, 01:40 PM

Default Re: KONI "Lifetime Warranty" (94eg!)

I've been a member but I haven't been actively posting in the forums until recently. So in a sense, still a newbie
Old 04-04-2007, 01:41 PM
HT White Ops

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

You are listed as an unrestricted user.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thtran66 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Trying to contact CRX Lee about my Koni yellow.</TD></TR></TABLE>Hello. Present and accounted for. I don't live on H-T like I have in the past but check in pretty often.

I wrote the above quoted FAQ text and it is a pretty good synopsis. In a nutshell, we warranty street parts on street cars to the original purchaser against any defect in materials and workmanship. We guarantee that it was made correctly and will work right as long as you own it for its designed use. We can't guarantee that you can't break it though and we won't guarantee that any used shock you buy on ebay, swap meet, used car, etc. is going to be fine. They last a very long time for normal use but every now and then they can have a failure so that is what the warranty is for.

As asked above, there is no maximum lowering allowed for a KONI before voiding a warranty like a number of other shock companies do. So long as you don't damage the shock from bottoming or topping it out (your fault, not its fault), then the shock and thus the warranty does not care where it its range it operates.

Old 04-05-2007, 05:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: KONI "Lifetime Warranty" (CRX Lee)

Koni customer support =

very nice and helpful folks to deal with.