Notices
Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

I Wanna dump my hatch on the ground... HELP?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 09:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Wanna dump my hatch on the ground... HELP?

wat is the best spring or coilover to go way low? and wat shock will do best. i am wanting to tuck pretty hard. feed me some knowledge
Old 10-20-2007, 04:39 PM

Default Re: I Wanna dump my hatch on the ground... HELP? (JDMDAEK)

just take out the springs altogether, ride on the bumpstops. consistent rate, low ride height.
dumped to the ground, you wont have any travel left regardless of your shock choice, which will rapidly lead to whatever blown shocks, essentially negating any advantage you may gain by buying better ones.

or airbags, which has a capable trackrecord for "dumped to the ground" cars.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMDAEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wat is the best spring or coilover to go way low? and wat shock will do best. i am wanting to tuck pretty hard. feed me some knowledge</TD></TR></TABLE>
Use the search function.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/2126652
Old 10-22-2007, 11:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: I Wanna dump my hatch on the ground... HELP? (Voyage34)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Voyage34 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just take out the springs altogether, ride on the bumpstops. consistent rate, low ride height.
dumped to the ground, you wont have any travel left regardless of your shock choice, which will rapidly lead to whatever blown shocks, essentially negating any advantage you may gain by buying better ones.

or airbags, which has a capable trackrecord for "dumped to the ground" cars.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Er, did I say that exact same thing in another thread?

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/2126652
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TunerN00b &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you want to roll slammed, with no suspension travel left (like the picture posted by the OP), then it really doesn't matter what suspension you use, since you won't really be using it.

If you want to get stupid low, just remove the springs. I'm not kidding. Keep the OEM bumpstop, uncut, and use it as the spring. Stiff shocks are required to avoid bounciness. You should end up with one stiff ride and about as low as your car can go without cutting parts for clearance. Don't forget the rear camber kit, to add "m4d tyt3 JDM camber y0!" to the back for tire clearance, but no not install one on the front, you can go lower without one. Excessive rear camber also allows lower offset wheels for that "deep dish" look (since when are wheels pizzas?).

Silliness aside, dumped show cars are probably best served with an airbag type of suspension. You get a much more progressive rate than lowering coil springs, which allows you to drive lower, and can deflate them for pictures.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 10-22-2007, 03:32 PM

Default Re: I Wanna dump my hatch on the ground... HELP? (TunerN00b)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TunerN00b &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Er, did I say that exact same thing in another thread? </TD></TR></TABLE>

sorry for stealing your line, i read the title of that thread and felt my IQ dropping so i stayed the eff out and didnt see your post
Old 10-22-2007, 03:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMDAEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wat is the best spring or coilover to go way low? and wat shock will do best. i am wanting to tuck pretty hard. feed me some knowledge</TD></TR></TABLE>
its really not possible.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:57 PM

Default Re: I Wanna dump my hatch on the ground... HELP? (Tyson)

not possible? i see a bunch of cars hella dropped how is not possible common dude if u dont know dont post
Old 10-23-2007, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

There are a lot of guys on here that assume you cant lower a car and have it ride good, don't listen to them.

Check out the slammed car thread in the Cosmetic forum, those are the guys you want to talk to.