Notices
Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

Honda Rear LCA discontinued, what now?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 09:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda Rear LCA discontinued, what now?

So, I kind of skimmed a curb while making a turn and tore up the bushings in my rear LCA on my 1990 CRX HF.

So, instead of getting the bushings, removing the LCA, driving to a shop and getting the bearings pressed in, and then reinstalling, I figured I'd just get some Arms and bolt that in.

I did some searching over the course of a few days/hours, and I decided for my stock car, I'd just go with some stock rear LCA's from Honda.
But I had a HORRIBLE time finding stock Honda rear LCA's. I called several dealers, I searched ALL online dealers I could find. I found a dealer that actually still listed the part and put in my order. Lo and behold, my order was canceled (thank goodness they never ****ing told me....) as the part is discontinued.

So, now I find myself needing to get my suspension cleaned up, but unable to purchase a stock OEM part.

As I see it, I have two options:

1. Go through a ton of work and swap out the bushings, be without my car for a decent amount of time (potentially if I have issues getting a shop to pop the bearings in), but potentially save a FEW bucks.

2. Get some aftermarket LCA's.

I am liking option 2, but the issue is most of the "better" rear LCA's for the CRX are anywhere from $200-300....then I see these BLOX ones for $110/set....I read about a lot of issues with the bearings wearing, but I have a stock CRX HF and I do 60 mile highway roundtrip, so it's not a lot of action....how bad could they be?

In closing, I guess I just want some feedback of what you folks would do if in a similar situation. the extra $150 for the fancy-dancy LCA's would have to go on the Amex...to give you an idea of my financial situation. Is it really worth the cost for some Function 7's over some cheapo Blox ones?

****AGAIN, HONDA OEM REAR LCA'S FOR THE CRX ARE DISCONTINUED AND UNAVAILABLE!!! DO NOT POST, "Just get the stock onez, yo!" IT IS NOT AN OPTION! And I did search, extensively! Problem is, in all those threads, Honda OEM parts are still an option. Times have changed...*******
Old 10-14-2009, 09:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Honda Rear LCA discontinued, what now?

junk yard?
Old 10-14-2009, 10:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If i remember, I think 92-95 Civic's share the same LCA as CRX's, If i'm wrong i'd suggest taken the old ones out and getting oem replacement bushings.

Honda still sells the bushings for the LCA's. Do not go with blox LCA's I run them myself, but i'd highly suggest sticking with OEM.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:30 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

I am sure you can find a replacement on craigslist or some local junkyard. If not I am pretty confident that hardrace will sell you a complete arm with there hard bushings already installed. So there is still hope pal. Also I know that some places like autozone sell replacement arms from overseas manufacturers. I know quite a few companies overseas that produce a OEM replacement LCA, so I know there are options out there for sure. That is probably one of the many reasons why they discountinued it because there are soo many aftermarket pieces currently available. So just continue your search because you will find a solution.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

You're in IL, why not bring your arm(s) to Suja 1 and have them press in their hard rubber bushings?
Old 10-14-2009, 03:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Check junkyards, craiglsit, ebay, etc

Also I have had Blox LCAs I got new for $100/pair on my Integra for over 2 years and 20,000 miles and have had no problems with them.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Like it was was stated before checkout your local local junkyard and even the classifieds here.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

buy from junkyard and send those to get new bushings while you still drive your current lca's with bad bushings.

that way your car will only be down for as long as it takes you to swap out lca's which is like 40 min.

and you'll still have all your oem goodness
Old 10-14-2009, 09:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well, the bushings are the main issue. The physical LCA itself seems to be unscathed.

Seeing how old the cars are, I can't imagine the bushings in a junker would be much better...the few EF's I've found at yard in my area were all REALLY rough...I'm not sure if I'd trust the junker ones...

And good call on the Suja 1, I am going to look into that. the bushings from Honda are about $75, so for a bit more I can get new ones for the WHOLE car, which is nice.
Suja 1 redirects to PIC, which also sells these:
http://picperformance.com/store/scri...?idproduct=108

But they are out of stock...

WTF is w/ LCA's? Why does no one have these things, hahah?!
Old 10-14-2009, 10:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

hmmmm guess all my recommendations on buying oem arms got them all sold out....

swap the bushings then.