Notices
Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

Help Selecting Rear Camber Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 07:51 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Selecting Rear Camber Kit

Hi everyone,

I've been doing some research for a rear camber kit for my 2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 due to significant rear camber after installing Tein Street Advance coilovers and an alignment. Since there are no rear camber adjustments in my car, camber measurements are -2.9 (Left Rear) and -3.6 (Right Rear). I'll also attach an image of the alignment measurements below.

Being that new wheels and tires were installed as well, I'm concerned about tire wear with such negative camber despite toe being adjusted within OEM specs. So it comes down to one arm camber kits (Ingalls 35623), which has +/- 3.0 degrees camber and toe adjustments versus three arm kits such as the cheap J-Power one. The SPC camber kit is out of my budget, however they were considered.

I'm most concerned about whether the Ingalls 1 arm kit actually allows such extreme adjustments normally seen in 3 arm kits (and how it's possible?) and the long-term reliability of bushings on the kits I mentioned. I have read that some drivers had issues with bushings on both kits, but most of the posts were from many years ago so manufacturing might have been improved and I couldn't find further updates. Last thing I want is the product failing after a year or so and spending more money replacing parts.

Any input or suggestions are appreciated!

Apologies for the huge attachment...I didn't realize it was going to be that large lol
Attached Images  
Old 03-21-2016, 07:52 AM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Help Selecting Rear Camber Kit

It is crazy how much rear camber the Accord/TSX chassis gains from lowering. I have an 06 and 11 TSX on Tein SA's. So I know what you're talking about.

I'm guessing your Teins are set up at the recommended height? Which is probably close to maxed out upward lol.

Anyway, Ingalls or SPC are good brands. Nothing lasts as well as Genuine Honda...but Ingalls and SPC are still reputable.

As long as the bushings are clocked, they really don't wear much for that position.

The ingalls kit does have some disadvantages. You'll need to get the upper ball joint pressed out and replaced...which can cost you labor $$ unless you're doing it yourself.

I also don't completely trust aftermarket ball joints...but its only an upper joint. I still wouldn't want that on a car driven in snow/salt.

The SPC kit replaces 3 arms per side and is about $400+. Its expensive and...but its the right way to go. Easier to adjust. Better reliability (as long as you're properly clocking the bushings...hopefully you didn't skip that step on your stock arms either).

It also adjusts the bottom of the tire...so it allows more POSITIVE adjustment without interfering with the fender, if you have agressive wheels/tires.

I'd buy the SPC kit if anything.

Last edited by B serious; 03-21-2016 at 08:20 AM.
Old 03-21-2016, 11:45 AM
Trial User

After a hundred some views, it's really nice to see someone take the time to respond!

I definitely noticed a huge change in negative camber after the coilovers were installed, but didn't realize how significant until they changed from -1.7 degrees in both rear (all OEM parts) to -2.9/-3.6.

Due to my inexperience with suspension parts, I had my coilovers installed at a garage so the car was lowered based on appearance preferences (about 1.5-2 finger gap between the tire and fender) and not so much Tein's recommendations. I hope that isn't too low lol

I'm unaware of the mechanics checking the bushings prior to reinstalling them after the coilovers were install. Are there any indications a driver can tell if the bushings have gone bad?

I saw SPC sells the 3-arm kit or each arm individually. Is it necessary to replace the lateral arm or will swapping the Camber and Toe arms be enough? Can uneven coilover height adjustments also account the difference in rear camber measurements?

Sorry for all the questions, but I am trying to learn as much as I can before making another purchase. I thought it was all over until wheel alignment came along and the camber was all crazy lol. Thanks again for your insight!
Old 03-21-2016, 11:57 AM

You're welcome! The Accord/TSX chassis has become more popular for modding lately....and I think its a cool thing. I've been modding them for 3+ years now and I'm glad to help.

I'm surprised you were able to get 1.5 finger gap (probably about .75") from tire to fender. I was not able to go that high.

I had mine all the way up and it was still too low. I had to add a custom-machined 1.25" tophat spacer in the rear. Then again...I was lowering a TSX wagon..not an Accord.

You likely need to also get all 3pcs per side in order for someone to adjust the alignment properly...but I could be mistaken. Try giving heeltoe auto a call. They seem to have tons of expertise with these chassis'. They can tell you if you need all 3 arms per side or if 2 will do.

The 1G TSX and 7G accord only needs 2 arms per side. But that's a slightly different rear suspension design.
Old 03-21-2016, 12:12 PM
Trial User

I will contact Heeltoe Auto and see what they suggest in this case.

As for the rear camber differences, do you suspect that uneven adjustments on the coilovers or failing to inflate all tires to proper pressure prior to alignment could cause it?

In regards to the installation, how much does it usually cost?
Old 03-21-2016, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by JDKX
I will contact Heeltoe Auto and see what they suggest in this case.

As for the rear camber differences, do you suspect that uneven adjustments on the coilovers or failing to inflate all tires to proper pressure prior to alignment could cause it?

In regards to the installation, how much does it usually cost?
Uneven heights and worn bushings or bent arms could cause an uneven change in alignment angles. Did the alignment start out evenly before you lowered it?

Try parking on an even surface and checking the ride height with a tape measure.

Also...how long has it been lowered?

Installation of the 3 arms should be pretty straightforward unless a fastener is rusted. I don't know what your shop charges. I figure a job to replace 3 arms per side probably pays 1-2 hours of labor.