Notices
Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

HELP! LoTek lowering springs?? (ive searched!)

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! LoTek lowering springs?? (ive searched!)

Ive searched and searched and then searched some more the past 2 hours. Here, other civic forums, D-series forums, Integra forums, and google itself. NOTHING! Just looking for a pic with them installed, maybe spring rates, and whether they were bouncing all over and sagging in short time or any other quality related issues.

LoTek 2.5"(F)/2.25"(R) lowering springs for an EK/EJ/EM (96-00) or any other 92-00? Have you used them? are they worth a ****? Are they trash?

Theyre cheap, but I hear good things about the struts for a budget set-up, but nothing on the springs??

HELP!

Please keep your mouth shut if you havnt used them, or know nothing about them specifically!! PLEASE AND THANK YOU! "Theyre cheap", "im a brokedick", "I shouldnt own a Honda if this is all ill spend on suspension", "my face looks wierd", "EK's suck *****", and "im a ******".... Now just give me some real info on LoTek springs..... Thanks.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP! LoTek lowering springs?? (ive searched!)

LoTek are eBay struts/springs. They'll work great for a few weeks and then they go to ****, right about the time the "lifetime" warranty runs out (the warranty is good for factory defects, anything that happens when you use them voids the warranty). Stick with name brand stuff, IMO, at least that way you get the quality with the name.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:04 PM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

http://www.team-integra.net/forum/18...ng-review.html

Last edited by grumblemarc; 12-27-2011 at 01:22 PM.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:24 PM
Retired Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Im just wondering out of all the suspensions out there, that these made it across the finish line 1st.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:29 PM
The Grumpiest

Originally Posted by EsotericImage
Im just wondering out of all the suspensions out there, that these made it across the finish line 1st.
$$$$$
Old 12-27-2011, 01:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Honestly, Eibach makes the "Sport" lowering springs that are budget friendly and so does KSport. Both of those companies are worlds better than LoTek and not much more expensive. Go with what's "right", not with what's "right now".
Old 12-27-2011, 01:32 PM
The Grumpiest

Originally Posted by Turbo_Mits
Please keep your mouth shut if you havnt used them, or know nothing about them specifically!! PLEASE AND THANK YOU
Watch out now.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ill watch what I please. I dont post here much because of all the haters and BS... BUT, I love Honda-Tech as a technical resource. (ie: its search button when needed). For the first time, that search button brought me nothing... so Ive posted for the 4th time.

Ive been doing this for years people.

Ive had GC, Neuspeed race, Neuspeed sport, Eibach pro/and sportline, Skunk2 coilovers and lowering springs, and Tein S-tech... Also Koni full coilovers (my loves) and Koni Yellows, Koni STR, and Eibach pro dampers....

I had the chance to pick these LoTec's up for $40 for a beater... and I read that review on their shock, and ive heard tons of decent reviews on their "SHOCKS", but not their "SPRINGS". Its a BEATER! so im simply making sure theyre not total **** before putting them on my BEATER. That is all. I need info, not opinions on quality based souly on a dollar sign. Ive learned this rule goes both ways no matter what. There is GREAT ebay ****, and HORRIBLE ebay ****.... Is this horrible ebay ****? their shocks are surely not, reviews all over the web will say this repeatedly... Im simply ignorant to their spring, its ride quality, durability, and the extent of its drop. If they say 2" and in reality go down 3-3.5" to a tuck, that points my LCA's up and pisses me off (bump steer=GRRR!)...

I know what I get with each and every brand... Ive simply never had these. Nor heard of them. Dont let a post count cause you to attempt to educate. PLEASE AND THANK YOU FRIENDS!

Ideally, is use Koni/GC AFTER all the bushings have been done so theres a damn point in paying for any of it... But id like to perk up the beater a little less dough... But ill happily leave it stock if someone has used the LoTec's and knows they suck *****...
Old 12-27-2011, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by EsotericImage
They didnt. Simple answer.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by sfar785
Honestly, Eibach makes the "Sport" lowering springs that are budget friendly and so does KSport. Both of those companies are worlds better than LoTek and not much more expensive. Go with what's "right", not with what's "right now".
.... If youve used and pushed enough suspension set-ups... Youd know that Ksport is trash for your $700-$1000 spent on coilovers.

Ive had and blown them. Theyre garbage. Just as bad as Function/Form.

Please leave. I need an actual review. THANK YOU.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:31 AM
The Grumpiest

Ill watch what I please.
Wasn't talking to you. But seriously. No reviews on the springs should tell you something. If it's just a beater, which you keep saying like that's supposed to mean something, then stop wasting time and put them on. Then you can come back and tell US how they rode.

Last edited by grumblemarc; 12-28-2011 at 06:51 AM.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by grumblemarc
Wasn't talking to you. But seriously. No reviews on the springs should tell you something. If it's just a beater, which you keep saying like that;s supposed to mean something, then stop wasting time and out them on. Then you can come back and tell US how they rode.
Sorry, being HT I sort of show up on my guard. My mistake.

And its just some work id avoid if I got a review on here. Which has always worked for me in the past. I guess im too pansy to throw them on and risk pulling them right back off and having to compress the OE springs to get them back on.

Just trying to avoid that hassle on something I drive every day.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:52 AM
The Grumpiest

If I were in your shoes I wouldn't touch them. Only one review that I could find and that didn't give me that warm feeling. Pass on these And get some Eibachs or something equivalent.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

.... If youve used and pushed enough suspension set-ups... Youd know that Ksport is trash for your $700-$1000 spent on coilovers.

Ive had and blown them. Theyre garbage. Just as bad as Function/Form.

Please leave. I need an actual review. THANK YOU.
Was i talking about KSports adjustable coilovers when i mentioned them? No, i wasn't, i mentioned their lowering springs. Please read before you comment or else you're just gonna make yourself look like an arrogant person. Ksports lowering springs are great for your "beater", and they're cheap. Also, you being a douche is why most people act like idiots on HT, you add fuel to the fire. Now, I will leave, only because I see telling you the facts about shitty springs is obviously like talking to a wall.
Old 12-28-2011, 01:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by sfar785
Was i talking about KSports adjustable coilovers when i mentioned them? No, i wasn't, i mentioned their lowering springs. Please read before you comment or else you're just gonna make yourself look like an arrogant person. Ksports lowering springs are great for your "beater", and they're cheap. Also, you being a douche is why most people act like idiots on HT, you add fuel to the fire. Now, I will leave, only because I see telling you the facts about shitty springs is obviously like talking to a wall.
Thanks?
Old 12-28-2011, 01:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by grumblemarc
If I were in your shoes I wouldn't touch them. Only one review that I could find and that didn't give me that warm feeling. Pass on these And get some Eibachs or something equivalent.
Ill leave it alone. Just wanted to get a quick review of them on here because they popped up around the corner for 40 bones.

Thats obviously not going to happen.

So f*ck it.