Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Suspension & Brakes (https://honda-tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes-54/)
-   -   hard race front camber arms on stock suspension dc2 (https://honda-tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes-54/hard-race-front-camber-arms-stock-suspension-dc2-3336566/)

sjg88 04-30-2019 05:16 PM

hard race front camber arms on stock suspension dc2

i track a near bone stock dc2 integra ..it has SS brake lines, a 9 lb flywheel, hps front pads and i run hoosier r7s on the track. instead of going to coil overs right away i replaced the oem struts with gr2s and so far, i like the car alot and am learning alot.

i am tearing up the edges of my tires pretty quickly now since ive gotten a bit faster and managed to get moved to hpde2 with the group(s) i run with. i know i need to get some camber in to make these tires last a bit longer and give me some better grip...my friend says that running the hard race uppr control arms will rub with the stock suspension setup.

i was wondering if anyone has tried running a camber adjuster arm with a stock suspension setup. i am probably going to get the adjuster bolts from rockauto instead but was hoping to see if anyone has tried this before i pull the trigger.

B serious 05-01-2019 10:12 AM

Re: hard race front camber arms on stock suspension dc2

Adjuster bolts from rockauto? What is that?

Where did your friend say the HR arms would rub? On the springs? Stick your hand in there when the car is on level ground and see how much room is left. I doubt the arm itself will rub on anything...

People run camber kits on stock shaped lowering springs all the time.

If he means that adding camber will make the spindle rub on the spring when the car is raised off the ground...

maybe? But then it doesn't matter what type if upper control arms you use to increase camber.

sjg88 05-01-2019 02:11 PM

I believe it will rub more or less where the ball joint on the a-arm sits in relation to the tire and the spring as well.

these are the camber bolts from rockauto i was talking about

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...370641&jsn=413

when i say camber..i mean removing it (negative camber)

aw614 05-02-2019 06:37 AM

I've been running stock integra type r springs on bilstein shocks with the skunk2 front camber kit for 3+ years, no issues so far, bought my arms from another forum user and they had modified them to prevent slippage. Currently run about -2.5 to -3ish, but I had run around -2 degrees before. Mostly autocross, but I've done two track days on the setup

sjg88 05-02-2019 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by aw614 (Post 51922147)
I've been running stock integra type r springs on bilstein shocks with the skunk2 front camber kit for 3+ years, no issues so far, bought my arms from another forum user and they had modified them to prevent slippage. Currently run about -2.5 to -3ish, but I had run around -2 degrees before. Mostly autocross, but I've done two track days on the setup

slippage on the adjuster part of the arm?

aw614 05-03-2019 06:04 AM

Yeah, the paint was taken off on the adjuster part of the arm. Two track days, and a ton of autocrosses and no slippage.

B serious 05-03-2019 11:03 AM

Slipping almost any adjustable ball joint would be very unlikely.

In most cases, you'd bend the spindle or hub first.

russellmn 06-13-2019 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by B serious (Post 51923475)
Slipping almost any adjustable ball joint would be very unlikely.

In most cases, you'd bend the spindle or hub first.

Years ago (pre-Fast and Furious to just a few years after) adjustable ball joint camber kits had a horrible reputation for slipping. I never had issues with the high end ones, but some of the cheap shit would cause all kinds of havoc.

Dilbones 06-20-2019 03:10 AM

you should be fine to run the hardrace front camber arms since the diameter of the OE spring is the same as a GC coilover or whatever.

FYI, the shoulder wear may not totally go away with more camber on that sticky of a tire.

I've had the perfect amount of camber on a 100 TW tire per my tire pyrometer and still got shoudler wear.

I went from 500 F and 600 R to 800 F and 600 R with a 24 mm rear sway bar to limit roll while maintaining rotation and the shoulder wear went away.