Notices
Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

gsr disc conversion issue

Old 09-15-2009, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon3 gsr disc conversion issue

Hey guys, I'm having some problems after doing a GSR front and rear disc conversion on my 95 hatch. Removed the brake lines, hub, control arms from my integra and switched over. Did a 4040 prop valve change and a master cyclinder change from a 91 civic ex. I've bleed the brakes, but have not yet did an alignment. I did not resurface my rotors or change brake pads. Here's the problem:

1. when going over 40mph, there's a continuous whistling noise that seems to be coming from my back tires (it's hella annoying). I've tired loosing up my e-brake lines already. some says it might be my bearings

2. when i brake under high pressure, my steering wheel vibrates a little.

3. my steering wheel is a little off to the left.

4. The brake pedals seems a little soft, but better than when I had the old dx brake system

Keep in mind, I never had this problem prior to the disc conversion. Have anybody had this issue? What might be the problem? Thanks
Old 09-15-2009, 06:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: gsr disc conversion issue

Originally Posted by jdmrockstar
Hey guys, I'm having some problems after doing a GSR front and rear disc conversion on my 95 hatch. Removed the brake lines, hub, control arms from my integra and switched over. Did a 4040 prop valve change and a master cyclinder change from a 91 civic ex. I've bleed the brakes, but have not yet did an alignment. I did not resurface my rotors or change brake pads. Here's the problem:

1. when going over 40mph, there's a continuous whistling noise that seems to be coming from my back tires (it's hella annoying). I've tired loosing up my e-brake lines already. some says it might be my bearings COULD BE YOUR BEARING OR YOU NEED AN ALIGNMENT

2. when i brake under high pressure, my steering wheel vibrates a little. YOU ROTORS NEED TO BE RESURFACED

3. my steering wheel is a little off to the left. YOU NEED AN ALIGNMENT

4. The brake pedals seems a little soft, but better than when I had the old dx brake system TRY BLEEDING THE SYSTEM SINCE YOUVE DRIVEN IT A LITTLE

Keep in mind, I never had this problem prior to the disc conversion. Have anybody had this issue? What might be the problem? Thanks
Old 09-16-2009, 06:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey, Thanks for the reply. I will be doing the alignment this weekend. Is there any other suggestions from anyone else?
Old 09-16-2009, 06:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You can use a Master Cylinder off of an Integra RS (14/15th), but you should be good with the 1991 EX MC. Otherwise I agree with c1_sleeper.

Last edited by American.Graffiti; 09-16-2009 at 06:38 PM.