Notices
Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

EK Rear disc conversion w/soft peddle

Old 10-28-2017, 02:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EK Rear disc conversion w/soft peddle

I recently installed a rear disc conversion off a 94-98 integra on my 1996 DX hatchback and also installed s/s brake lines from the proportioning valve back all the way around. Ive bleed the system several times and still have to put the peddle pretty far down and doesn't feel stiff. I've also replaced the master cylinder to another new OEM re-manufactured one and still the same thing. Should I replace the master cylinder to an ITR or S2000 to fix this problem? Any and all recommendations are greatly appreciated, thanks!!
Old 10-28-2017, 07:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 614 Likes on 486 Posts
Default Re: EK Rear disc conversion w/soft peddle

If the fronts are stock it shouldn’t be as drastic, but you are going to have more pedal travel with the rears converted. Is it spongy, or is it just more travel? Did you really replace all of your hard lines with braided? Why? A 98+ Integra (any trim) is 1” and will bolt on to your booster and lines, but is not recommendable with the 9.5” front brakes.
Old 10-29-2017, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by spAdam
If the fronts are stock it shouldn’t be as drastic, but you are going to have more pedal travel with the rears converted. Is it spongy, or is it just more travel? Did you really replace all of your hard lines with braided? Why? A 98+ Integra (any trim) is 1” and will bolt on to your booster and lines, but is not recommendable with the 9.5” front brakes.
It more travel than spongy and I ended up just replaced the whole thing due to one of the lines having a leak. The fronts breaks are stock and don't plan on changing them. So I'm going to have more travel in the peddle with the conversion??
Old 11-02-2017, 01:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Can anyone else chime in
Old 11-02-2017, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 614 Likes on 486 Posts

I would expect a little. Not as much as if you swapped in larger fronts. Fastbrakes does offer a kit that will let you upgrade to 11" fronts with Civic or Integra calipers on your current knuckles. That could be an option if you don't want to find knuckles.

But here's the deal, you've put an atypical combination of parts on your car and you are concerned about the atypical function. You can't really expect to fix it without changing out some more parts.That's how this whole thing works!

You may explore what size master cylinder the 92-95 Civic or Del Sol Si had. Both of those cars had 9.5" front brakes with rear discs. Check into whether or not you can source the same prop valve to your car also.
Old 11-03-2017, 05:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by spAdam
I would expect a little. Not as much as if you swapped in larger fronts. Fastbrakes does offer a kit that will let you upgrade to 11" fronts with Civic or Integra calipers on your current knuckles. That could be an option if you don't want to find knuckles.

But here's the deal, you've put an atypical combination of parts on your car and you are concerned about the atypical function. You can't really expect to fix it without changing out some more parts.That's how this whole thing works!

You may explore what size master cylinder the 92-95 Civic or Del Sol Si had. Both of those cars had 9.5" front brakes with rear discs. Check into whether or not you can source the same prop valve to your car also.
I appreciate the feedback, thank you!!