Notices
Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

EK AMR coilover install

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 09:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: EK AMR coilover install

Just got my set, havent driven on em yet. the bolt holding the LCA to the chassis snapped on me... damn 16 yr old bolts. so far they look amazing. the quality definitely shows. ill will update when i get to beat on em a little bit? one question, should i allow a little bit of time to break in the dampers, or just put them through there paces right away?
Old 03-04-2013, 07:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ITR-EKcoupe
Just got my set, havent driven on em yet. the bolt holding the LCA to the chassis snapped on me... damn 16 yr old bolts. so far they look amazing. the quality definitely shows. ill will update when i get to beat on em a little bit? one question, should i allow a little bit of time to break in the dampers, or just put them through there paces right away?
Let her rip man, my only advice to you is start off with your adjustments at 0 "clicks" I was used to jdm crap and went straight to 5,3 and called Andy wondering why my set up was rough.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:52 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by ITR-EKcoupe
Uh no, you do it properly. Which is you get them professionally installed, and get an alignment. If you feel you can install them yourself, then install them, and go get an alignment. Have your toe set to zero, and set your camber to whatever you can.

Don't piddy paddle, and half *** it with my stuff. No need to wait to break them in. Go get an alignment, and do it right, and once you do go out and beat on them. Enjoy!

You will enjoy them, and that bolt is notorious for that. We ALWAYS let those soak in a little PB blaster before we proceed with an installation. Unfortunately we do not include new LCA bolts, but you should have received a new pair of nuts with your order.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Are these interchangeable between chassis say from a EK to Dc2?
Old 03-14-2013, 09:13 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Normally no, because the rear lower mounts are different. The EK rear lower mount is quite a bit more narrower, about 10mm. We have both lower mounts, and depending on the set, and how it was built it may be interchangeable. Our newer kits are because we use our new EG/DC2 1pc lower mounts on our EK setups. We do however still carry, and offer our direct fit EK lower mounts, but most have opted to go with our EG mounts instead for some flexibility.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

pm sent
Old 10-24-2013, 01:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump bump bump, was literally in the process of ordering my GC/Koni setup within the week, when I came across Andy and his AMR coils. I am definitely re-thinking my decision and may end up going with the AMR setup after all for my Ek Hatch. CANT WAIT!!!
Old 10-24-2013, 06:56 PM
Trial User

Looks nice!!
Old 10-24-2013, 08:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fiveOHthreePDX
bump bump bump, was literally in the process of ordering my GC/Koni setup within the week, when I came across Andy and his AMR coils. I am definitely re-thinking my decision and may end up going with the AMR setup after all for my Ek Hatch. CANT WAIT!!!
You should do it! Still going strong. If I ever build another Honda I'll definitely call Andy.