Notices
Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

eh2 front suspension troubles..Turning wobble?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eh2 front suspension troubles..Turning wobble?

HELP me Please,
I am having issues with my front suspension on my hatch. I searched for "wheel wobble", and I didnt find anything close to what is actually going on with my car.

This is the scenario: 1992 civic hatch, gsr front (hubs, rotors, calipers), lcas, gsr lower swaybar, skunk2 upper camber kit, and 1 day old driver and pass axles(thought this would fix my issue)....

What my cars symptoms are: Shaking variable with speed. When i turn left and straight it shakes like warped rotors, when i turn right it stops shaking. when i brake it doesnt intensify this. It seems like its worse at lower speeds. When i put my suspension on there were no problems, and the wheel bearings are the same as before (lil play, but no squealing). Basically, this the only thing i can think of. My car turns in on right corners easier than left. When i let go of the steering wheel it drives straight. Something to do with my lower sway bar endlinks? Can the wobble be caused by the swaybar being out of whack? I also checked my meshies and made sure they aren't bent, and are balanced.. This is so bad that i cant drive it safely..Maybe someone can help me out with this, Thanks!

Old 02-13-2006, 01:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: eh2 front suspension troubles..Turning wobble? (2doorsMOthanU)

make sure the alan nuts on the skunk 2 camber kit are really tight, i didn't tighten them up enough and my wheels were goin all crazy (shaking back and forth) and my lugs got loose almost lost some. i was so confused until i realized and was like "damn that was retarded" i did end up losing some of the alan nuts so i just used the bolts from my exhaust's heat sheild (ghettO like my car)
Old 02-13-2006, 06:49 PM

Default Re: eh2 front suspension troubles..Turning wobble? (deathplaza)

Thanks, its not sliding anywhere i have PRO series ver.2, but my upper control arm is smacking my body by the shock tower..Checked and they are tight, and it still does it? Someone help me out, BUMP
Old 02-14-2006, 07:33 PM

Default Re: eh2 front suspension troubles..Turning wobble? (2doorsMOthanU)

im just going to replace my hubs with another set of gsr suspension....f*ck it...if i press the bearings out then my hub is still prob damaged..so thats a waste of time..its crazy how the bearings ate themselves up in like 50 miles..now there is 3 times the amount of play in them last time i checked..