Notices
Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

CLICK HERE all of you curious about suspension setups and their costs/reliability.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 09:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: CLICK HERE all of you curious about suspension setups and their costs/reliability

It'll probably be stiffer than stock but it won't be uncomfortable. You can't have buttery smooth ride quality if you decide to go low. Luckily on those Teins though you can't go super low, so they were able to still give you decent ride quality.

I can't say for sure what will be one finger, so I would suggest installing them, putting the car on the ground to see where it sits, and adjusting accordingly.
Old 07-22-2012, 12:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: CLICK HERE all of you curious about suspension setups and their costs/reliability

Originally Posted by 94eg!
Do you really think the car will look any different on another brand of coilovers?

Why are you "bumping" a sticky????
Yes it did, and I bump this sticky because we get daily morons here who want to ask about Function fails and when we give them advice they order them anyways.

Last edited by STOCK_SOHC_DX; 07-22-2012 at 06:08 PM.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:00 PM
#1 Super Guy

Received 123 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by STOCK_SOHC_DX
Yes it did, and I bump this sticky because we get daily morons here who want to ask about Function fails and when we give them advice the order them anyways.
If you think about it, nothing you said makes any sense.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 94eg!
If you think about it, nothing you said makes any sense.
No ****ing ****!! It is a sticky because is STAYS at the ****ing top!!!
Old 07-23-2012, 08:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks alot Doctor X

YOur info helped me alot. I'l look into it.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ANy opinions on AMR COILOVERS?
Old 07-25-2012, 03:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Quote from the first post...
Good companies:
Koni
Progress
AMR
PIC
Eibach
Tokico
PIC
KW
KYB
H&R
Neuspeed
Hypercoil
Bilstein
There are a couple reasons I switched from my Teins to AMRs.
Old 07-25-2012, 04:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by lankan-balla
ANy opinions on AMR COILOVERS?
love my set I bought 2 more for all my cars
Old 07-26-2012, 06:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I plan on ordering a Koni Yellow/Ground Control set up with 4 top hats for an Integra Type R. Will I need to use anything off of my old suspension?

The suspension is for my DD, but will be used for occasional spirited driving. I'm not dumping the car whatsoever. There will probably be at least a two finger gap front and rear. I know the Ground Control top hats are unnecessary unless you are going to be dumped, just want them to have a completely new set up.

Any recommendations for a spring rate or is the recommended 350/350 rate good? I'll be on a 205/45 tire if that makes a difference.

Can the Koni be used during harsh weather such as heavy rain or a few inches of snow? I like everything I've read about the shock, just haven't read any reviews about how it fares during inclement weather specifically in regards to corrosion.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by OmarR
I plan on ordering a Koni Yellow/Ground Control set up with 4 top hats for an Integra Type R. Will I need to use anything off of my old suspension?

The suspension is for my DD, but will be used for occasional spirited driving. I'm not dumping the car whatsoever. There will probably be at least a two finger gap front and rear. I know the Ground Control top hats are unnecessary unless you are going to be dumped, just want them to have a completely new set up.

Any recommendations for a spring rate or is the recommended 350/350 rate good? I'll be on a 205/45 tire if that makes a difference.

Can the Koni be used during harsh weather such as heavy rain or a few inches of snow? I like everything I've read about the shock, just haven't read any reviews about how it fares during inclement weather specifically in regards to corrosion.
if you're getting the top hats, you shouldn't need any of your old hardware. I would also go with a more aggressive spring rate , at least 430 fr.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:59 PM
Master Detailer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

^ I agree with at, I would put at least a 430/450 up front, and a would likely keep the 350lb out back.

450/350 seems to be a favorite the guys looking for good DD ride quality, yet wanting to be able to push the car every now and then. I run 350's in rear and it's not bad at all. You will definetly "feel" them, but it wont cause your ***/back to hurt. lol
Old 07-27-2012, 02:35 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

350 in the front is just plain too soft for anything, frankly. I'm running 350/350 for autocross/DD and the rear rate is fine for turn in, but the front is too soft for my moderate drop.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yaaa thanks alot makes sense
I ended up getting the AMR COILOVERS Mysef for the 02 accord coupe.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...37384969_n.jpg
Old 07-27-2012, 04:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Doctor X
I do not adjust the damping often, and if you have a sedan it will be a pain in the ***. Jusy reuse your factory mounts with the Teins.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 07-27-2012, 05:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

holy ****, did you get your set in 3 days? Mine took at least 3 months and I know andy expedited my coils.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Unless you want to keep it stock ride height I wouldn't put 350LB rear springs on it. I am running 450F/400R lowered about 2" and I say I could have gone with higher rates.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey theer I actually bought mine brand new off of someone from Craigslist. He never used them.
I was just curious does the front springs just install directly to the inverted U bar?
Old 07-28-2012, 09:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What? The front coilover will just sit inside the wishbone, like the OEM shocks.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey all I just got the AMR COILOVERS Installed.
Here are some pics.

i'm also aware I need an alignment. ANy suggestions i need to tell the mechanic?
Or any other info i'd need?
Old 08-01-2012, 08:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Just tell the dude at the alignment shop to bring your toe back to factory specs.

I think that even if you didn't even say a word to the guy that's what he would do anyway.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Aright just checking thanks doc.

The ride is very comfortable keeping in mind its been lowered 2 inches.
It feels just a lil bouncier than driving winter tires on steelies.
I'm just gettig used to driving a lowered car now its my first time.

Clearance from ground on mid body is about 5.5-6 inches
same with the front end.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lots of questions answered in this thread, i have been deciding on a suspension for my ep3 for awhile. thank you!
Old 08-07-2012, 07:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Aright just checking thanks doc.

The ride is very comfortable keeping in mind its been lowered 2 inches.
It feels just a lil bouncier than driving winter tires on steelies.
I'm just gettig used to driving a lowered car now its my first time.

Clearance from ground on mid body is about 5.5-6 inches
same with the front end.
first time lowering a car and you got AMR'S? I hate you now.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nice

Quick Reply: CLICK HERE all of you curious about suspension setups and their costs/reliability.