Notices
Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

CLICK HERE all of you curious about suspension setups and their costs/reliability.

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 03:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: CLICK HERE all of you curious about suspension setups and their costs/reliability

Wanted to try Koni str-t's on my integra but they dont make them for a DA.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CLICK HERE all of you curious about suspension setups and their costs/reliability

Illuminas would probably be your best bet on a DA chassis, unless you go with a full coilover.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I've search around but really don't know that much about how shocks change how a car rides, manly because the race I'm doing limits me to stock struts. the main question i have is what will happen if i put really stiff springs on stock struts could it make my car actually handle worse.

thanks
Old 02-03-2012, 08:46 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes it could, to a degree. It's really critical that the shock be appropriately damped for the rates you use.

If you're limited to stock shocks, you should stick with rates similar to stock. Tein S. tech or H. tech would probably be alright.

If you really want the car to handle well, you really need to focus on tires and anti-roll bars.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ok thank you.will be using track tires and I've heard removing the front anti roll bar can increase performance, its something i will test but any opinion.

how much of a drop on stock shock can i do before i start to chance blowing them out.
thanks

Last edited by Libertariat; 02-03-2012 at 09:44 AM.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:45 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Originally Posted by flash0124
ok thank you.will be using track tires and I've heard removing the front anti roll bar can increase performance, its something i will test but any opinion.

how much of a drop on stock shock can i do before i start to chance blowing them out.
thanks
Depends on who you ask. And spring rates will determine the effectiveness and ineffectiveness of a swaybar setup.

Once I switch from 350lb front springs to 550lb front springs, I'll probably remove my front swaybar.

It just depends on your driving ability, taste, etc. Some people prefer a little understeer.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for sharing your knowledge! Very useful thread.
Old 02-05-2012, 05:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey, New to Honda Tech. And I have a Del sol on Tokico Blues with some no name coilovers. And I was wondering if I should get tr Skunk 2 coilover sleeves or the GC coilovers.
Also correct me if I'm wrong but the 94-01 integra suspension is the same as the del sol? They share the same components .
Old 02-05-2012, 06:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i was considering some kyb agx with megan racing coilovers there 325F 300R. any other considerations would be nice too.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

very useful thread. thanks
Old 02-15-2012, 07:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

can you share some thoughts about the blox 21mm rear sway bar and asr subframe in an ek chassis? i was about to buy a blox 21mm rear sway bar from this guy but he said if i use an asr or bwr subframe the bushing locations don't work well with blox sway bar on either of the subframe. he said the bushings will be on a curve part of the sway bar and it will slide off center..is there a remedy for this make it work? thanks!
Old 02-16-2012, 06:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok, one question, for the srt.t, they have perch's on them, will I still be able to use the GC's coilover kit or do i have to manually cut the perch's and install the GC?
Old 02-16-2012, 07:57 AM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jgauge
Ok, one question, for the srt.t, they have perch's on them, will I still be able to use the GC's coilover kit or do i have to manually cut the perch's and install the GC?
Where does it say that they require any modification to install?
Old 02-16-2012, 08:01 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Originally Posted by bonspeed
can you share some thoughts about the blox 21mm rear sway bar and asr subframe in an ek chassis? i was about to buy a blox 21mm rear sway bar from this guy but he said if i use an asr or bwr subframe the bushing locations don't work well with blox sway bar on either of the subframe. he said the bushings will be on a curve part of the sway bar and it will slide off center..is there a remedy for this make it work? thanks!
Honestly I'd stay away from anything blox makes, but that's just me.

You won't be paying much more if you got an ASR bar and subframe brace from a good dealer like THMotorsports.

Also, BWR subframes have had fitment issues in the past. I hope they've resolved them. Not too many companies are excited about taking returns, not to mention the pain in the *** of shipping it back and waiting.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by grumblemarc
Where does it say that they require any modification to install?
How come the srt.t have perch's on them? GC's won't fit would it?
Old 02-16-2012, 09:09 AM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

There are two kinds of G/Cs. One for regular shocks and one that is Koni specific. Have you even gone to the Ground Control website? Googled pics?
Old 02-16-2012, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by grumblemarc
There are two kinds of G/Cs. One for regular shocks and one that is Koni specific. Have you even gone to the Ground Control website? Googled pics?
Yes, I was thinking of getting the Koni str.t and the GC coilover conversion kit. GC site: http://www.ground-control-store.com/...p/II=514/CA=61

However, seeing that the str.t have perch's, I was thinking that the kit would not be able to fit in with the str.t

(STR.T 8050 both front and rear)
Old 02-16-2012, 10:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by solbrothers
dumb question but im tucking a tiny bit of tire on koni/gc. my rates are 550f/450r. how should i have my shocks set? lowest setting, highest, middle?
It is a dumb question, but not for the reasons you probably think. It's only dumb because there is no possible correct answer with just the information provided.

Turn them to full soft, drive around, notice that the car feels under damped (it's bouncy). Turn the front shocks up slightly, drive some more. repeat until it feels over damped, and then back off slightly from that setting. Repeat procedure for the rear.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Libertariat,

I am going to purchase a Koni/GC combo for my Del Sol as was set on around 425-450F and 325-350R after reading your posts and others. I decided to ask THMortorsports since they posted this on the first page of their sponser post and would like to get your feedback:

On page 1, THMotorsports posted this:

Our Ground Control Rate Suggestion:

Street Use Only: 290/350Lbs
Street/auto-x: 350/380Lbs
Street/Road Course: 380/450Lbs

Is that FRONT/REAR or REAR/FRONT? Most people suggest the fronts to be higher than the rears since the engine is in the front...
---End Quote---

Its F/R. Since its a FF car, they are prone to understeer. Having a higher spring rate in the rear helps to car to rotate and counter-act the understeer offering a more neutral feel.

Thanks in advance,

Nick
1-800-959-0145 ext 103
Nick@thmotorsports.com
AIM: NickGTHM
www.thmotorsports.com

Last edited by 7rrivera7; 02-19-2012 at 08:08 AM.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi, I was just wondering when it is recommended to get top hats for the koni/gc combo. I know you generally cut the oem but is it necessary to upgrade?

I won't be slamming my car or anything, maybe 2-2.5 inch drop max. It will be a daily/HDPE car.

Any info on this would be great. Thanks
Old 02-19-2012, 05:04 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Top hats are only warranted on a really slammed car. Any mild drop won't need them. You're fine.

Last edited by Libertariat; 02-19-2012 at 12:25 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:13 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Updated for very minor tweaks and changes, some rewording.
Old 02-19-2012, 03:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 7rrivera7
Libertariat,

I am going to purchase a Koni/GC combo for my Del Sol as was set on around 425-450F and 325-350R after reading your posts and others. I decided to ask THMortorsports since they posted this on the first page of their sponser post and would like to get your feedback:

On page 1, THMotorsports posted this:

Our Ground Control Rate Suggestion:

Is that FRONT/REAR or REAR/FRONT? Most people suggest the fronts to be higher than the rears since the engine is in the front...
---End Quote---

Its F/R. Since its a FF car, they are prone to understeer. Having a higher spring rate in the rear helps to car to rotate and counter-act the understeer offering a more neutral feel.

Thanks in advance,

Nick
1-800-959-0145 ext 103
Nick@thmotorsports.com
AIM: NickGTHM
www.thmotorsports.com
Old 02-19-2012, 03:42 PM
Ek Forever y0!

I'm honestly not sure what you're asking. Maybe I'm not reading it right, but I think you'll have to clarify.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok, THMotorsports stated on the first page of their thread selling the Koni/GC combo that they suggest the following spring rates:

I then asked if that was F/R or R/F because most posts suggest a higher spring rate in the front due the the added weight of the motor. TH however says this:

What I am asking is if you could comment on this - thanks!

Quick Reply: CLICK HERE all of you curious about suspension setups and their costs/reliability.