Notices
Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

BLOX Rear LCA w/ ES poly. Bushings

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 10:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BLOX Rear LCA w/ ES poly. Bushings

Hello HT

I was wondering if anyone could verify or shed some light on their success of running Blox rear lcas w/ Energy Supension polyurethane shock mount & lower control arm bushings... I will be installing this into my Integra

heres a few pics..

shock mount bushing w/ an example how much the inner sleeve would stick out from the bushing this, bushing would require the length to be trimmed..

Subframe(inner) & hub(outer) bushings.. before the middle insert is removed to become the proper length...

Subframe(inner) & hub(outer) bushings.. After removing the middle insert you can see it became the proper length compared to before, but the inner sleeve extended further.
*Though the length is now okay.. the bushing diameter is to wide the for hole.. milling/trimming down the circumference must be done for it to be pressed in...

My questions for you all who have done this before...

-How have they lasted?
-How was their reliability, and their performance after they have been altered?
-I was mainly curious about trimming the bushings as the sleeve would extend further than the face of the bushing.. I thought maybe this would cause the LCA to slide around horizontally since its free floating & the bushings themselves aren't flush to the mounting locations...

Thanks!

Last edited by blk_dc; 08-01-2011 at 08:10 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: BLOX Rear LCA w/ ES poly. Bushings

This sounds like a bad idea. It would make the center of the bushing very weak and I think it would wear fast and give you poor suspension control. Probably be noisy as well. I didn't realize that the arms were so thin that standard width bushings wouldn't fit...

Another problem with the Blox LCAs is that the endlink mounting hole is in the wrong spot for Integras, so your sway bar won't work properly.

Blox LCAs are 100% garbage. Unfortunately, my best advice is that you sell them and get OEM, SK2, or F7 LCAs (although you may run into the same problems with SK2, not sure)

Last edited by GagnarTheUnruly; 08-01-2011 at 07:43 AM.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

^^^
Old 08-01-2011, 08:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Third picture is fixed lol sorry about that...

Originally Posted by GagnarTheUnruly
This sounds like a bad idea. It would make the center of the bushing very weak and I think it would wear fast and give you poor suspension control. Probably be noisy as well. I didn't realize that the arms were so thin that standard width bushings wouldn't fit...

Another problem with the Blox LCAs is that the endlink mounting hole is in the wrong spot for Integras, so your sway bar won't work properly.

Blox LCAs are 100% garbage. Unfortunately, my best advice is that you sell them and get OEM, SK2, or F7 LCAs (although you may run into the same problems with SK2, not sure)
Yea I believe any brand like blox, f2, yonaka, ksport ect.. even buddy clubs are garbage IMO.. the sway bar hole is in the wrong location and their bushings suck, but at least buddyclub are not as thin lol.. F7 FTW!

swap bar will mount just wont be in good geometry which is retarded but bearable until I can get something proper.. its my dd and don't ride too crazy..

But I might make this work untill I can save up for some used/new F7s or so.. having a hard time finding OEM compatible rear lcas locally...

It must be integra rear lcas because civics lcas swap BUT they use a different Hub & subframe mount bushing part #...(bushings on civic lcas are actually smaller in diameter than integras)

we shall see.. I've read many post about people inserting ES bushings successfully.. hopefully someone who has done it will chime in..
Old 08-02-2011, 02:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

use prothane. i did it. shock mount bushings is from PIC.

Old 08-03-2011, 04:31 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you have to get cheap LCAs you should really just get OEM lcas with good bushings, or buy PIC if you have to be cheap.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just press in oem bushings, that's what I did when I had to use those arms.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Or Hardrace or PIC/SUJA1 bushings would work, too. If you decide to go the OEM route, I've got a complete set of brand new OEM LCA bushings I can sell you.