Notices
Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

Best Balanced Set-Up?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2018, 11:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Balanced Set-Up?

I've been trying to do my research on getting new Coilovers. I'm most definitely on a budget because living in Hawaii is pretty expensive so I can't just dump my money into a full suspension build. But I'm trying to find the perfect balance on my EP3 for the Daily Driven Stance and Race Ready Set-Up to where I don't have to adjust anything. I've been looking at all kinds of brands from Truhart, Tein, Godspeed, Rokkor, Tokico, etc. but I can't seem to find a definite grab within my budget and quality I'm trying to look out for... Any input would be much appreciated.
Old 11-06-2018, 03:11 AM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Best Balanced Set-Up?

I can't think of anything under $1500 (mainland pricing) that works for both purposes.

I'm fairly sure Bilstein makes PSS9's for this car. Maybe look into those? You'll probably need to pick up a stiffer spring set.

Maybe Ohlins makes a DFV model for the EP3? Not sure.

Fortune Autos, maybe?
Old 11-06-2018, 01:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by B serious
I can't think of anything under $1500 (mainland pricing) that works for both purposes.

I'm fairly sure Bilstein makes PSS9's for this car. Maybe look into those? You'll probably need to pick up a stiffer spring set.

Maybe Ohlins makes a DFV model for the EP3? Not sure.

Fortune Autos, maybe?
I'll into those 2 . I looked at Fortunes and 1200 without shipping is pretty crazy. And a bit over my budget. I also looked into Godspeeds a bit more and found the MonoRS is 32 Way Dampening Adjustable and it's about 1k with shipping so I'm keeping these ones in mind. But I'm still keeping my options open.
Old 11-06-2018, 02:52 PM

You're making a risky bet thinking that a monotube, offshore, full body adjustable coilover with 32 damper settings is going to work on road and track AND only costs $1000. A safer bet would just be to spend a little more on something that works.

Buddy Club N+ (or whatever the new model is) also comes to mind. Those are cheap AF (right around $1k).

But you can't really lower an EP3 more than about 1/2" without a few other mods to address bumpsteer.

wait..

are there even tracks in Hawaii??
Old 11-14-2018, 12:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by B serious
You're making a risky bet thinking that a monotube, offshore, full body adjustable coilover with 32 damper settings is going to work on road and track AND only costs $1000. A safer bet would just be to spend a little more on something that works.

Buddy Club N+ (or whatever the new model is) also comes to mind. Those are cheap AF (right around $1k).

But you can't really lower an EP3 more than about 1/2" without a few other mods to address bumpsteer.

wait..

are there even tracks in Hawaii??
Well I've been looking into more set ups, and I rearranged my budget around, think I'm gonna settle for about 1500 max on Coils. Along with Energy Suspension Bushings and modified LCA's or fabrications.

Aaaaaannnnnnnd not official ones. But there are some companies that are trying to finish off permits to build official ones.
Old 11-14-2018, 09:06 AM

Alright...well, I asked because a track coilover is very different from a coilover used for spirited street use.

You'll be spending money in the wrong places if you don't really get a grip on what you want.

Even if you're using the car for HPDE, non competitive track use...then I wouldn't focus toward a track coilover.

My recommendation is to skip the poly bushings. Ever wonder why there aren't any OEMs who use them for anything?