Notices
Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

Adjustable Springs - measuring level?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2019, 06:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Icon5 Adjustable Springs - measuring level?

I just installed the Ground Control system on my '90 Integra, where do you guys measure the height from?

My starting point was the highest spot on the fender trim to the center of the hub. I ordered 10 springs so I could stay close to stock height. From that measuring point on the fender trim, I've go 14.5 inches in the front and 14-3/8 inches in the back, but if I measure from the ground to the tripod points just under the side of the car, I'm still a 1/2 inch higher in the back. I don't mind if I'm a little higher at the rear....but maybe a 1/4 inch.

Where are you guys measuring the level from?
Thanks
Old 06-26-2019, 09:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts
Default Re: Adjustable Springs - measuring level?

measure from any where you want. look at the fender gaps, that what most ppl care about.

adjust your height until fenders are level. the spring perches at each corner WILL NOT be equal. this is why you have adjustable suspension, the weight at the corners on every car are not equal, neither are the compliance of each bushing, so you adjust per corner.

you ordered 10 different springs so you could stay close to stock height. it really doesnt matter what spring rate you got. to get to stock ride height you need to pre-load the spring until it reduces the static sag until its at stock height.
Old 06-26-2019, 02:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Sorry that was a type-O. "10 inch" springs. That's what Ground Control suggested.
Old 06-27-2019, 11:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

As stated above . I would count the threads for your baseline desired height and adjust from there any irregularities.
Old 06-28-2019, 08:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

10" springs seem really tall. Why install GC if you want to be at stock height?

As others said, it really doesn't matter where you measure to, what matters is the difference before and after, measure to the same spot.

I personally like a level fender arch look, i.e. tops of fender arches equal front to rear and side to side. Since the front arch is slightly larger that gives the car a slight rake if measured to the jack points underneath the sides.