Southwest Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah

Heading out to Layton, UT

Old 10-17-2007, 01:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Heading out to Layton, UT

I'm heading to Layton, UT at the end of the month for the workshop, Oct 28-Nov 2. I checked the city website and it doesn't seem like much is there.

What good places and/or restaurants are there in SLC that I need to visit? I'll have my nights free and don't mind driving down to SLC.

I wish they would have made it at the end of Nov so I could have brought my board. I doubt there will be any snow around plus I checked online and most resorts don't open until the middle of Nov.

Suggestions anyone?
Old 10-17-2007, 08:37 PM
Rainman

Default Re: Heading out to Layton, UT (justagsr)

there are a ton of really good restaraunts in Layton actually......Why go to SLC?
Old 10-18-2007, 12:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Heading out to Layton, UT (SIred91)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SIred91 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">there are a ton of really good restaraunts in Layton actually......Why go to SLC?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I figured there is more to do in SLC along with restaurants. It would be interesting to go to the Mormon Temple and take a picture or two of the outside.

So, what good restaurants are in Layton? I checked online and only found a few chain type restaurants.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:28 PM
Rainman

Default Re: Heading out to Layton, UT (justagsr)

The best restaraunts in the area are all going to be chain type unless you LOVE asian or pakastani like I do.

There is a chinese food place in Bountiful called The Mandarin....that is absolutely fantastic.

There is also a vegan chinese place in SLC that is INCREDIBLE........I wont put the name out, but I will go there with you if you are interested.

There are a few Pakistani places in SLC that will blow your mind too.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Heading out to Layton, UT (SIred91)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SIred91 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The best restaraunts in the area are all going to be chain type unless you LOVE asian or pakastani like I do.

There is a chinese food place in Bountiful called The Mandarin....that is absolutely fantastic.

There is also a vegan chinese place in SLC that is INCREDIBLE........I wont put the name out, but I will go there with you if you are interested.

There are a few Pakistani places in SLC that will blow your mind too.</TD></TR></TABLE>

My family is from Singapore so I love Chinese food. I see online that The Mandarin has gotten a lot of good reviews. I may have to check that place out.

I've never had Pakistani food. I do like nan bread with some hot curry but only every once in awhile.

I'll be with two others so it wouldn't be entirely up to me on where we eat BUT I do have the rental car in my name.

I'm just really hoping for some snow so that I can do some snowboarding at night.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

There's a pretty good place to eat in Layton called Mimi's Cafe. Also just south of Ogden in Riverdale, there is a place called Ruby River that has really good food.

If you like Sushi, there is a place in SLC called the Shogun that has good prices, food and atmosphere.

Also, if you have any of your days free, there has been some good snow up in the resorts these last couple weeks and there are already people hiking.

Oh, one other thing, the Bountiful Temple is really cool looking too, especially at night. May be worth some pics.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (beoy9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by beoy9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There's a pretty good place to eat in Layton called Mimi's Cafe. Also just south of Ogden in Riverdale, there is a place called Ruby River that has really good food.

If you like Sushi, there is a place in SLC called the Shogun that has good prices, food and atmosphere.

Also, if you have any of your days free, there has been some good snow up in the resorts these last couple weeks and there are already people hiking.

Oh, one other thing, the Bountiful Temple is really cool looking too, especially at night. May be worth some pics. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for the information. I guess I have been spoiled eating sushi since I worked in Japan for 2 years.

People hiking? I won't have any free time except the day that we fly in on Sunday. This is why I mentioned boarding at night. Of course, I doubt the resorts will be opening sooner than they normally do.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:30 AM

forgot about boarding by nov. 2. out of the question imo.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mrivera)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mrivera &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">forgot about boarding by nov. 2. out of the question imo.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I know and it's sad. There are two resorts open in CO right now. We haven't gotten much snow so it's really not worth it right now.

I wish they would have planned this workshop better and made it at the end of November.