Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Southwest (https://honda-tech.com/forums/southwest-113/)
-   -   Coming (SCCA) Autocrosses (https://honda-tech.com/forums/southwest-113/coming-scca-autocrosses-2733374/)

willimo 02-24-2010 10:19 AM

Coming (SCCA) Autocrosses

Hey guys, just want to plug a couple of upcoming RGR SCCA events that y'all might be interested in so you can save the date.

There are two events in March, both are two days.

There is a Driver's school at Cliff's again on March 6-7. I'm not sure the cost or the format, but usually these events are a "class" sort of day on Sat where instructors ride along and help with different features and how to get your car through them. These are really informative and they put you with an instructor that drives a similar car so it's useful info. The Corvette guy won't be talking about how to drive a Civic. Sunday is usually a normal Auto-x in these events, and usually you can register separately for Sunday. I will get more info and post it as soon as I get it, even if noone is interested.

There is a two-day Autocross in Farmington on March 20-21. These events are amazing. The lot they rent is in front of the horse racing track and it's enormous, the number that sticks out in my memory is 15 acres. The course is the same both days but is run one way Saturday and backward on Sunday. It's kind of a hike, and kind of expensive because you've either got to drive back and forth or stay, but doing both days is so much damn fun. You can also register for just one of the two days. Last time I went (all the way back in 2008) it was $60 for both days, $40 for one, but it may be different know. Information forthcoming.

Anyone but me going?

Also, if anyone's interested in Farmington I'd like to split a room with some other drivers, because I'll be damned if I go just for one day.

willimo 02-25-2010 07:18 PM

Re: Coming (SCCA) Autocrosses

Pricing:
Saturday only: $25 for members, $30 for non-members
Sunday only: $30 for members, $40 for non-members
Both days: $45 for members, $50 for non-members

Kyoh 02-26-2010 12:25 AM

Thanks for the info, Will. I'll see ya there. :thumbup:

willimo 02-26-2010 08:25 AM

Awesome! Those prices are for the school/auto-x on the 6-7th. I don't have that info for Farmington yet. I'll go on the 7th, but will likely miss the school even though it'd be useful, I'm rusty after taking 2009 off. It'll be cool to see some other Hondas out!

Kyoh 03-01-2010 10:47 AM

Well then I'll see you on the 7th.

I'd be down to share a room but Olivia will probably want me to get our own. But we should stay in the same hotel so we can party that night.

willimo 03-04-2010 08:08 AM

No one else going? This is about as local as it gets unless folks live in Santa Fe or Farmington. Most of the races for the rest of the season are elsewhere. It's a good opportunity to try it without driving far or paying a lot. I'd love to see some Hondas out there.

It's loads of fun, but it costs money and starts early, and they use run/work so if you're not willing to come work a corner after or before driving, then don't come give me and other Hondas a bad name.

That said, everyone is welcome. Tech is simple to pass (just have your battery tied down and no chords showing in your tires) and it's so, so much fun. This is what these little Hondas excel at. Come see what you can do! You'll be surprised and everyone there is super willing to help you become a better driver; we want more competition! Last month we had a lot of runs, six in the morning and six in the afternoon. Doesn't get much better than that! Come blow the doors of turbo'd and AWD cars. Come represent what our little FWDs can do!

Things to bring: water, sunscreen, masking tape and maybe paper and a marker to make numbers, your car and you!

willimo 03-04-2010 08:10 AM

rgrscca.com for more information. Check out the gallery of pictures from '09 and more importantly '08 (there are a lot of pictures of me from '08)

Kyoh 03-06-2010 01:25 PM

LOL You don't have to worry about me "Giving you and other Honda's a bad name." My parts didn't come through when I thought they would, so have fun!

willimo 03-06-2010 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Kyoh (Post 41787007)
LOL You don't have to worry about me "Giving you and other Honda's a bad name." My parts didn't come through when I thought they would, so have fun!

Come drive anyway, it's fun to have a baseline. I started on stock shocks and Eibach springs and factory tires years and years ago.

Kyoh 03-06-2010 09:22 PM

I don't trust my ebay springs to bring me safely to the finish line. I'll just wait for Farmington. Are they gunna have a school day there as well?

Kyoh 03-19-2010 03:49 PM

Well I'm here in Farmington. If you made it out here, lemme know. We could do something fun tonight.

Kyoh 03-21-2010 07:07 PM

https://img706.imageshack.us/img706/1746/atthetrack.gif

https://img190.imageshack.us/img190/9060/trackday.gif

willimo 03-22-2010 11:06 AM

Damn! That looks awesome. I'm heartbroken I couldn't go this weekend. I'm putting my little dollars away to go in April though. Was that your first time ever?