Notices
Southwest Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah

Anybody from utah. let meet up.

Old 10-31-2005, 08:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (ROK801)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ROK801 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">anyone know about advancing cams and or timing?

from what i was told earlier today you can move a tooth on the cam and advance the timing a few degrees in utah because cars are made to run at sea level and we're 3600 feet above... </TD></TR></TABLE>

nope, don't do that. You can expletive **** up.

The ecu controls the timing anyways. doing that will make you have a miss at idle cause it won't be able to compesate for the entire gear being off that far.

To advance your timing for altitude just set your ignition timing on the dizzy to 18 degrees btdc. That is all I've ever done.

edit:
p.s. we are much farther than 3600 ft above sea level.

here in logan we are 5700ft, slc is 5200 I think, cedar city is 5600ft. st george is 2900ft. My car rocked in st .g vegas is 2700ft.

When I flew to louisiana to pick up my last hatch i was below sea level in new orleans, it was the fastest b18b I've ever felt lol

Modified by bambbrose at 8:58 AM 11/1/2005
Old 10-31-2005, 11:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (bambbrose)

I think cam timing and ignition timing are being confused here.

It is never good to have your timing belt off a tooth. Even if you're lucky and your valves don't smack the pistons, you're still going to put the cam at a bad angle for performance and overlap will be all screwed up.

As for ignition timing, 2 degrees would generally be safe. Listen for knock tho. You may even get away witih 3 degrees if you always run 91, but it's really not worth pushing it.

Also, you can you use some sort of ecu tuning software to adjust the timing tables to varying degrees without having to adjust the dizzy at all.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Ibiza)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ibiza &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think cam timing and ignition timing are being confused here.

It is never good to have your timing belt off a tooth. Even if you're lucky and your valves don't smack the pistons, you're still going to put the cam at a bad angle for performance and overlap will be all screwed up.

As for ignition timing, 2 degrees would generally be safe. Listen for knock tho. You may even get away witih 3 degrees if you always run 91, but it's really not worth pushing it.

Also, you can you use some sort of ecu tuning software to adjust the timing tables to varying degrees without having to adjust the dizzy at all. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yup Ibiza knows whats up, I guess I should've been more specific about the two different types of timing

I was saying that you shouldn't mess with the timing gears, unless you have adjustable ones and are on the dyno.

and that to adjust for altitude, the actual timing isn't the correct way, its the ignition timing that you need to adjust, which is done by the distributor or by the computer

Old 11-01-2005, 11:12 AM
Trial User

yeah, i was super iffy on it when i heard about it.

thanks guys.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Lee, damnit. find me some obd1 injector plugs. "pig tails" im converting to obd1 before turbine.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:26 PM

Default Re: (ef8 h0!)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ef8 h0! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Lee, damnit. find me some obd1 injector plugs. "pig tails" im converting to obd1 before turbine.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Found! I can probably help make you a harness too if you like. Maybe that's how I can pay off my indebtedness!!
Old 11-03-2005, 12:38 PM
95GSRTT

Hey Guys,
The inevitable happened to me also. I got my car stolen this last week and I barely found out about it today, since the car was sitting at a shop. The car was found and was completely stripped today also. It has been apparently been sitting at the impound since sunday. I personally last saw the car on saturday.

Anyways I am just getting the word out to people and if you see any of these parts being sold recently in the utah area please let me know or a admin so we can find out who it was.

The car apparently had all the LS clotch interior stolen from it, which was black interior.

Autometer phantom gauges consisting of A/F, Oil Pressure, Boost gauge and volts.

The car also had a apexi turbo timer and a Greddy Profec B boost controller

The motor consisted of

B18A Benson sleeved block with 81.5 mm Wiseco coated pistons
Eagle Rods
B16 head with type R valve train and supertech valves
Blox exhaust manifold
Precision SC52 turbo
35MM Tial wastegate that had been shaved on the side to accept the blox manifold
Turbo XS RFL blow off valve
Edelbrock victor X manifold
xoxo 12" tall 3" thick intercooler
17" Maxxim Tequilla Rims that had been custom painted gunmetal.
3" kteller exhaust with es oval 3" muffler
750 CC RC injectors saturated
P28 ECU that had neptune. And there is only one neptune tuner in the state
They also ended up taking my hood which is thunder grey.

Also a bunch of stereo equipment was probably stolen I havent even had a chance to look at it, but im not worried about that. If everyone could just keep a look out I would really appreciate it.

It definitely sucks getting your stuff stolen Ill tell you that right now. But if I can get the shop to pay for everything that was done to it, since they were so negligent I will definitely be getting another integra. Just never ever having another shop work on it. Thanks guys, and sorry I had to edit this, my comp died.

And to those of you that stole it. If you are reading this and I find out who you are I will burn your car to the ground and feed your ***** to your children. I know you are too much of a ***** to ever back up the fact that I couldnt either.

Old 11-03-2005, 01:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (95GSRTT)

Will keep my eyes open, sounded like a nice setup.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:23 AM
Trial User

Default Re: (veggiemaster)

wendover on nov, 28.
its a monday.

be there or be square.

Old 11-08-2005, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

school man...it's a bitch, but it'll be over soon.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

anyone know of any local shops that have ls/vtec dowels in stock let me know asap.
Thanks
Old 11-08-2005, 09:52 PM
Trial User

Default Re: (TEXNTEG)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TEXNTEG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">school man...it's a bitch, but it'll be over soon.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah, im missin a few days for it...
goin down for my friends birthday.
i think we're getting a stripper.
hahaha.
a wendover stripper.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm pretty sure there is a whorehouse on the nevada side of wendover. No need for a stripper, just get a ***** and everyone can sleep with her
Old 11-09-2005, 03:29 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bambbrose &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm pretty sure there is a whorehouse on the nevada side of wendover. No need for a stripper, just get a ***** and everyone can sleep with her </TD></TR></TABLE>

nappy! i sure as **** know i wouldnt touch anything that your sausage has infiltrated
Old 11-09-2005, 08:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by veggiemaster &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nappy! i sure as **** know i wouldnt touch anything that your sausage has infiltrated </TD></TR></TABLE>

Didn't you give your mom a hug just last week??
Old 11-09-2005, 08:30 PM
Trial User

hahahahahaha.

i would like to come back with my privates...
but it does sound tempting...
Old 11-10-2005, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if the sun is shining at sunset tonight we will be getting a "new" hatch fotoshoot
Old 11-10-2005, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well everybody, I have created a Honda forum which has secure sections that can't be viewed by the public, and you have to be approved by me/admin to be a member and to get permission to view the protected pages, I thought you guys might like a safer place to post other than honda-tech and SLCSR, that would just be for the locals so check it out and if you have any suggestions email or pm me. http://www.healthyhonda.com If I know you than I will approve your membership no problem, but if I don't then get a member to vouch for you.

veggiemaster
ibiza
my_slow_civic
bambbrose
hybrid2be
stockredej1

you guys are all welcome to join, and if you know any other local non-thiefs vouch for em and I'll let them in too, I am just trying to make it a safer place due to the rise in recent theft. This is all free nonprofit stuff so enjoy!
Old 11-13-2005, 06:24 AM
Trial User

Default Re: (saywhat)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by saywhat &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well everybody, I have created a Honda forum which has secure sections that can't be viewed by the public, and you have to be approved by me/admin to be a member and to get permission to view the protected pages, I thought you guys might like a safer place to post other than honda-tech and SLCSR, that would just be for the locals so check it out and if you have any suggestions email or pm me. http://www.healthyhonda.com If I know you than I will approve your membership no problem, but if I don't then get a member to vouch for you.

veggiemaster
ibiza
my_slow_civic
bambbrose
hybrid2be
stockredej1

you guys are all welcome to join, and if you know any other local non-thiefs vouch for em and I'll let them in too, I am just trying to make it a safer place due to the rise in recent theft. This is all free nonprofit stuff so enjoy! </TD></TR></TABLE>

added.
username is rok801
Old 11-13-2005, 11:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

so wtf is with random people at lee's house egging cars?
Old 11-13-2005, 11:55 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bambbrose &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so wtf is with random people at lee's house egging cars? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh, I have launched a small investigation in to the matter. When I narrow in on this amateur you will be cordially invited to join me to confront him.

Old 11-13-2005, 03:30 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ibiza &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Oh, I have launched a small investigation in to the matter. When I narrow in on this amateur you will be cordially invited to join me to confront him.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I;ll help
Old 11-13-2005, 07:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (InJ3cted)

can i join? i have a case 550sk tractor(front-loader, back hoe)4x4 that could do some real damage to little thugs. or just a work truck to push them around a bit...i like getting even.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:40 AM

Default Re: (TEXNTEG)

My new FS thread!!

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1433749

BUY MY ****!!! NO REASONABLE OFFERS REFUSED!!! Ill even consider the unreasonable ones.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by veggiemaster &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My new FS thread!!

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1433749

BUY MY ****!!! NO REASONABLE OFFERS REFUSED!!! Ill even consider the unreasonable ones. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Post it up on http://www.healthyhonda.com too!

ooh post 1300 yea!

Modified by saywhat at 12:17 PM 11/14/2005

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anybody from utah. let meet up.