Notices
Southwest Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah

****OFFICIAL.......UTAH SLC area.......RMR meetups and Drag thread.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 04:23 PM
Rainman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ****OFFICIAL.......UTAH SLC area.......RMR meetups and Drag thread.....

http://www.rmrracing.com/

Website and info...^^^^.........

w00t w00t......summer is here y'all.......

Anyone gonna be regular besides me?
Old 05-07-2007, 08:31 PM
god.loves.ugly

Default Re: ****OFFICIAL.......UTAH SLC area.......RMR meetups and Drag thread..... (SIred91)

Now that I have friday nights off work I might go watch some races.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:16 PM

Default Re: ****OFFICIAL.......UTAH SLC area.......RMR meetups and Drag thread..... (god.loves.ugly)

I should start drag racing my truck
Old 05-08-2007, 04:50 PM
Rainman

Default Re: ****OFFICIAL.......UTAH SLC area.......RMR meetups and Drag thread..... (marsbike)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by marsbike &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I should start drag racing my truck </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah yu should....there are a few duromax's and cummins' out there runnin in the 12's.......
Old 05-13-2007, 03:14 PM

Default Re: ****OFFICIAL.......UTAH SLC area.......RMR meetups and Drag thread..... (SIred91)

IDRC June 30
Old 05-13-2007, 03:56 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SIred91 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah yu should....there are a few duromax's and cummins' out there runnin in the 12's....... </TD></TR></TABLE>

mine would run 12's as well, but I think they use a stopwatch instead of a day planner
Old 05-17-2007, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

last time I went was like 2 and half years ago to the midnight drags. They still having a shitty time lining people up? I heard its a teeny bopper fest.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:50 PM
Rainman

Default Re: (D15Bbigred)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by D15Bbigred &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">last time I went was like 2 and half years ago to the midnight drags. They still having a shitty time lining people up? I heard its a teeny bopper fest.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Who gives a **** about the teenies.....just watch the cars!
Old 05-17-2007, 03:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yah but i like to pick out the people that I race. last time i kept getting put up against some 17 second neons and like a 9 sec vette.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:38 PM
Rainman

And? Its unorganized rag on your car time......not street legals....sign up for street legals if your picky about who to run....
Old 06-15-2007, 11:29 AM
Rainman

Default Re: (SIred91)

JUNE 30TH W00T W00T
Old 06-20-2007, 04:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I dunno what you're talking about guys.... my first and only time out there so far I got to run against a 9-10 second 1960's VW Bug! It was TOTALLY A FAIR RACE! :lol:

Don't worry Bryan, I'll be out there running as often as i can. Including this Friday (June 22).
Old 06-23-2007, 12:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (kalm_traveler)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kalm_traveler &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I dunno what you're talking about guys.... my first and only time out there so far I got to run against a 9-10 second 1960's VW Bug! It was TOTALLY A FAIR RACE! :lol:

Don't worry Bryan, I'll be out there running as often as i can. Including this Friday (June 22).</TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh thank you! nobody ******* believes me that there is a 9 or 10 second bug out here!! lol

Anyway, I just got back from the drags, I think tonight was the best action car wise I've seen ever. Granted there werent 10 second cars that i saw, but overall there were many 11 and 12 second cars out there tonight, mostly honda's, like Frank's EG hatch, Jason Penman's del sol, somebody's black integra...?? lol, a ebp si, just to name a few. There was also 3 mk4 supras, though slow they were. a R32 Skyline, and a Mitsubishi GTO, a real one, not a 3000GT. There was also a very sexy Chevy Malibu There were plenty more memorable cars out there tonight, but these stuck out the most....oh! And the 11 sec. probe and Talon
Old 06-23-2007, 10:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Maldito X)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Maldito X &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Oh thank you! nobody ******* believes me that there is a 9 or 10 second bug out here!! lol

Anyway, I just got back from the drags, I think tonight was the best action car wise I've seen ever. Granted there werent 10 second cars that i saw, but overall there were many 11 and 12 second cars out there tonight, mostly honda's, like Frank's EG hatch, Jason Penman's del sol, somebody's black integra...?? lol, a ebp si, just to name a few. There was also 3 mk4 supras, though slow they were. a R32 Skyline, and a Mitsubishi GTO, a real one, not a 3000GT. There was also a very sexy Chevy Malibu There were plenty more memorable cars out there tonight, but these stuck out the most....oh! And the 11 sec. probe and Talon </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thank you for leaving out all 3 of my 15.7<U></U> runs. Two weeks ago on my first night ever I pulled a 15.3 with my famously shitty launching. Somebody please teach me how to launch my car ok? I'll buy you lunch or something lol

One thing though, that Mistu 'GTO' was just a front clip; rest of the car was all USDM. Woot for the R33 though, I wish i'd seen it run

You see that GMC Typhoon? Wikipedia says only like 5000 were ever made... turbo v6 auto SUV, supposed to run 14.1 stock. I like weird unheard of vehicles like that!
Old 06-23-2007, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kalm_traveler &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thank you for leaving out all 3 of my 15.7<U></U> runs. Two weeks ago on my first night ever I pulled a 15.3 with my famously shitty launching. Somebody please teach me how to launch my car ok? I'll buy you lunch or something lol

One thing though, that Mistu 'GTO' was just a front clip; rest of the car was all USDM. Woot for the R33 though, I wish i'd seen it run

You see that GMC Typhoon? Wikipedia says only like 5000 were ever made... turbo v6 auto SUV, supposed to run 14.1 stock. I like weird unheard of vehicles like that! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Which car was yours? And you are right, it was an r33 but I'm too lazy to edit. Either way the cars were nice. I don't know if I paid attention to the typhoon, I don't like watching them race lol.

On a somewhat related note, last I heard penman sold the del sol shell, but last night there it was with his name on it still. Any info?
Old 06-23-2007, 12:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

mine's the Suzuka Blue metallic S2k. I hear ya on the Typhoon - not fun to watch, I just was boggled that such a vehicle came out of any factory

I'm not sure what the deal is with the del Sol. he was there in the lines with whoever was driving it though
Old 06-23-2007, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kalm_traveler &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">mine's the Suzuka Blue metallic S2k. I hear ya on the Typhoon - not fun to watch, I just was boggled that such a vehicle came out of any factory

I'm not sure what the deal is with the del Sol. he was there in the lines with whoever was driving it though </TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh yeah I saw your s2k run all 3 times, I didn't see it run 2 weeks ago though. You should supercharge it
Old 06-23-2007, 02:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Maldito X &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Oh yeah I saw your s2k run all 3 times, I didn't see it run 2 weeks ago though. You should supercharge it </TD></TR></TABLE>
Two weeks ago rocked because it was cold and hardly any cars were there I started running around midnight (snuck in late cuz I harassed the events coordinator guy), and got 6 runs in by 2. That night my runs were all over the place from 15.7 to 15.3 with ALL of them @ 92.x mph

Supercharge it you say? hmm.....Comptech comes to mind.... I'm thinkin about it
Old 06-24-2007, 12:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hey guys i was there in the parking lot chillin for a little while. i didn't go to the races though cause i had to work early this morning. I was mostly chillin by todds RSX or Kyles daily and Franks hatches. or just cruisin around in my roomates new S2K.

Granted there werent 10 second cars that i saw, but overall there were many 11 and 12 second cars out there tonight, mostly honda's, like Frank's EG hatch, Jason Penman's del sol, somebody's black integra...?? lol, a ebp si, just to name a few. There was also 3 mk4 supras, though slow they were. And the 11 sec. probe and Talon </TD></TR></TABLE>

Alot of those 11 second hondas you saw there are 10 second cars. RMR doesn't prep the track worth **** for the midnights so they can't hook up at all. Todds RSX is capible of 10's but he doesn't have a cage in his car yet so he can't run it at his full potential. Penmans car is a 9 second car. I'm sure he was mainly there trying to dial in the car for IDRC and NHRA vegas. Yes Penman still owns the car. I don't know if you had a chance to see his new set up but its bad ***. He just needs to get it dialed in and most likely it will post a 9.7 or lower ET. Franks hatch is diffenitly a 11 second car at lower elevation. pretty kick *** if you ask me though running mid to low 12's in a all motor car up here. Kyle was there with his turbo daily black hatch. It to is a 11 second car at lower elevation. so far he has only gone 12.1 up here with it. He also has one of the fastest hondas in the state that he usually runs at National events and Fast Compact. A couple of the supras there are scary fast. Codys WOTM Supra is one of the two fastest 6 speed supras in the world. It has ran faster the 8.99 multiple times. I'm sure that car gets no traction at all at RMR. and the black supra i belive has ran a few 10s. The third supra there is one of John Gills cars. Gill has the fastest Integra in the state that he usually only runs at national events. Last week he had it at fast compact and went 10.1@156. And lastly Kaseys DSM. He just got that car finished and at last weeks fast compact he ran a 10.9 the second time ever taking his new set up down the track. keep in mind the car is on street tires and a stock tranny so the car has more in it still.

Moral of what i'm saying. Come out to IDRC saturday to see all these cars and more running full out. It will be kick *** for sure.

Second moral. RMR sucks.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TeknikDC2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TeknikDC2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey guys i was there in the parking lot chillin for a little while. i didn't go to the races though cause i had to work early this morning. I was mostly chillin by todds RSX or Kyles daily and Franks hatches. or just cruisin around in my roomates new S2K.

Alot of those 11 second hondas you saw there are 10 second cars. RMR doesn't prep the track worth **** for the midnights so they can't hook up at all. Todds RSX is capible of 10's but he doesn't have a cage in his car yet so he can't run it at his full potential. Penmans car is a 9 second car. I'm sure he was mainly there trying to dial in the car for IDRC and NHRA vegas. Yes Penman still owns the car. I don't know if you had a chance to see his new set up but its bad ***. He just needs to get it dialed in and most likely it will post a 9.7 or lower ET. Franks hatch is diffenitly a 11 second car at lower elevation. pretty kick *** if you ask me though running mid to low 12's in a all motor car up here. Kyle was there with his turbo daily black hatch. It to is a 11 second car at lower elevation. so far he has only gone 12.1 up here with it. He also has one of the fastest hondas in the state that he usually runs at National events and Fast Compact. A couple of the supras there are scary fast. Codys WOTM Supra is one of the two fastest 6 speed supras in the world. It has ran faster the 8.99 multiple times. I'm sure that car gets no traction at all at RMR. and the black supra i belive has ran a few 10s. The third supra there is one of John Gills cars. Gill has the fastest Integra in the state that he usually only runs at national events. Last week he had it at fast compact and went 10.1@156. And lastly Kaseys DSM. He just got that car finished and at last weeks fast compact he ran a 10.9 the second time ever taking his new set up down the track. keep in mind the car is on street tires and a stock tranny so the car has more in it still.

Moral of what i'm saying. Come out to IDRC saturday to see all these cars and more running full out. It will be kick *** for sure.

Second moral. RMR sucks. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah I believe it, as I've seen the WOTM supra run 9's in the past, and I also have seen penman's del sol run 10s I think, maybe 9s, I dont remember. When I got there he was just lining up, and down the track it sounded like he didnt go wot? I couldnt see well through the fence anyways lol. Oh and I havent seen his new setup. Didnt the black supra do a smokey burn out then couldnt get off the line for whatever reason? I dont know if you saw that or not, but one of the Supras did that. What's Kyle's setup? His car looks identical front to back to my friend Ryan's car, who has a turbo set up, but not currently installed. Also I dont think I will ever see a SRT-4 that will get lower than 14's lol, although there is supposed to be a black one with mid 300 whp I think, he was supposed to run but didnt for X reason. Frank's all motor is defiantely impressive, what happened with the red integra he had? I'd like to see how that one runs.

I'll be out there. What's the schedule again? I'll check RMR...
Old 06-24-2007, 01:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kalm_traveler &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Two weeks ago rocked because it was cold and hardly any cars were there I started running around midnight (snuck in late cuz I harassed the events coordinator guy), and got 6 runs in by 2. That night my runs were all over the place from 15.7 to 15.3 with ALL of them @ 92.x mph

Supercharge it you say? hmm.....Comptech comes to mind.... I'm thinkin about it </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah I heard there werent many people there, I was working on my car so I wasnt able to drive out there, or I would have gone.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That Supra with the parachute..... what turbo did he have? That thing looked bigger than my 6-year-old brother!

But yeah, sucks you missed out cuz of workin on your ride. If you or anybody else around wants some wrenching help on the weekends, I'm usually up for it and I'm not a complete moron...just don't let me jack your car up with the hood open .

Couple weeks ago spent ALL F'ing day long Saturday and Sunday installing some headers on my buddies 04 Maxima 6spd (good buddha I hate FWD V-engine cars!!) Yesterday I was bored and finally yanked the bad motor out of this 88 Civic I'm trying to get rid of. Funny how taking things apart a second time always takes no time compared to when you first did it huh? Seriously, took maaaybe 1.5 hours by myself just kinda bumbling around taking my time...

*EDIT* I have no air tools mind you
Old 06-24-2007, 05:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah I dont know much about the supra, but you can probably find it at their site, I'm gonna take a wild stab and say the website is WOTM.com lol, if it's not, then you can just run a search on wide open throttle motorsports since I believe that's the company.

I agree, dismantling something for the 2nd time always goes by oh so much faster
Old 06-25-2007, 02:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

idrc this weekend
Old 06-27-2007, 11:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RDSDC2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RDSDC2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">idrc this weekend </TD></TR></TABLE>
Some of us have zero driving skills

Quick Reply: ****OFFICIAL.......UTAH SLC area.......RMR meetups and Drag thread.....