Notices

Fully built b series turbo motor b16a / b18c

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 04:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fully built b series turbo motor b16a / b18c

What's up guys. I'm testing the waters on my turbo built long block because I ended up going k series. Kinda bummed that I didn't get to use this motor but I'd really like for the motor to go to someone who would really appreciate the time and money that went into it. Everything that was replaced in the engine is brand new minus the cams. Now on to the. Motor was built by Leo alforte in Austin Texas. Will give his number to buyer so he can vouch for all the work done. Now on to the description:

FULLY BUILT B SERIES AEBS SLEEVED 2 LITER b16/b18c hybrid

This is a Fully built b16a block. freshly bored and honed 100% assembled rotating assembly with AEBS sleeves. 85mm bore X 87.2mm stroke making it 1997cc or right under 2000cc for a 2 Liter stroker engine.

A little history on the engine, This is a seasoned engine block. The engine started out as a B16 1.6 liter engine from Honda and was sleeved to 84mm 5 years ago. the engine has been decided to be rebuilt, bored and stroked to 85mm (1mm over bore) using custom ordered JE Pistons that lowers the piston pins a few millimeters to accommodate a B18C1 GSR Integra 87.2mm crankshaft with custom Crower TITANIUM B17 connecting rods into the B16 Block
The CROWER Titanium Rods only weighs (382 GRAMS!) VS eagle rods (700+ Grams) and 2x stronger

Every single part of the Engine is Cleaned, measured, balanced and assembled to the most precise tolerance using only precision micrometers, dial gauge and indicators. All machine work to bore and hone the engine block was done by the industries best Makino 5 AXIS CNC machine. Tolerance for bores, bearings, journals were checked and rechecked again to ensure the most perfectly built bottom end and will include a hand written blue print specs of the entire engine build for future reference.

Proper bearing clearances for main and rods have been measured using precise micrometers only which is far more accurate than traditional plasti-gauge! Piston ring gaps are filed to perfect tolerance on all bores to accommodate high HP levels. Brand new seals, pumps, bolts and proper Honda bond sealant has been properly applied to all the appropriate components of the engine.

The entire engine and parts have been cleaned 5X during the assembly process to ensure close to zero foreign material contamination, done in a temperature controlled room to ensure proper measurements.

We only use OEM Honda rod bearings to accurately select the proper bearing thickness using a precision ball point micrometer. We also used Mahle race bearings for main caps because not only are they the only aftermarket race bearing that offers different bearing thickness graduation by 0.0002 increments to achieve a perfect clearance unlike the one size fits all set of ACL but they also share the same tri-metal material as OEM which is a slightly better material than OEM main bearings.

Every single nut and bolt in the entire engine was torqued to specs using precision torque wrenches and bolt stretch gauge using ARP moly lubricants and appropriate Oil by OEM specs for mains.

Key Features:
  • Seasoned AEBS Fully sleeved engine short block "FRESHLY" CNC bored and honed to 85mm
  • CNC Machined bore and hone with perfect RA roughness and cross hatch for max oil retention
  • All parts Blue printed and checked to be within manufacturing tolerance
  • Hot tanked and cleaned parts 5 times to ensure maximum cleanliness
  • Entire rotating assembly, Pistons and rods were balanced and weighed within +/- .5 gram
  • Every oil galley of the block including the crank shaft has been cleaned thoroughly 2X
  • Custom forged JE Pistons 9:1 compression capable of 1000 HP
  • Custom B17 length Crower Titanium con rods (1/2 weight compared to eagle and 2x stronger!)
  • Superior rod/stroke ratio from B18C1 Crankshaft with B17 specs rods
  • Hand polished block deck
  • Fresh port and polished p72 gsr head
  • Full 3 angle valve job
  • Brand new Type R full valvetrain and lma
  • 2000 civic Type R cams

Parts list included:
  • AEBS Sleeved B16 Block freshly bored and honed to 85mm bore X 87.2mm stroke
  • Balanced and Micro polished OEM GSR B18C1 Crankshaft
  • Brand new Custom JE FORGED PISTONS part # 207247
  • Brand new Custom Crower Titanium rods part # T93727B
  • Brand new OEM Honda Type R Oil pump and O ring
  • Brand new OEM Honda windage tray plate and bolts
  • Brand new OEM Freeze plug / oil galley crush washers
  • Brand new OEM Honda Oil pickup gasket included
  • Brand new OEM O ring for Oil pressure block orifice
  • Brand new OEM rear main seal and bolts
  • Brand new OEM Oil filter thread pipe
  • Brand new OEM PCV breather pipe
  • Brand new High flow water pump
  • Brand new thrust washers
  • Brand new OEM GSR B18C1 rod bearings micro metered to achieve +/- 0.0002" variation
  • Brand new Mahle Tri metal race main Bearings micro metered to achieve +/- 0.0002" variation
  • Fresh port and polished head
  • New type r valvetrain and lma
  • CTR cams

*Oil jet orifice that goes on top of the middle of the block will also be included (Not in pics)
*Brand new OEM Oil dip stick tube

am in no rush to sell, invested over 7k in this longblock, but could really use the money. The titanium rods alone cost me 1800 dollars so please do not low ball me. Looking to get $4800 please feel free to contact my with any question (909) 548-9155 my name is rudy

Old 09-18-2017, 01:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Fully built b series turbo motor b16a / b18c

Bump
Old 09-18-2017, 01:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice
Old 09-19-2017, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thank you, as much as it's gonna hurt, I might have to part the motor.
Old 09-20-2017, 04:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah i was eyeing this thing but i just got a crackhead deal on a short block. If you do part it I would be interested in the head and head studs. From what I understand its a GSR head with typeR valvetrain and ctr cams? Pm me if you have a price. Thanks