Notices
Southern California Fresno & Below

TW who would like to meet up for a canyon run

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 08:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TW who would like to meet up for a canyon run

Well no one's showin so I'm goin to do my own thing, but if anybody want's to play hit me up

Modified by racer4life at 12:59 PM 6/30/2007
Old 05-08-2007, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: TW who would like to meet up for a canyon run (racer4life)

Angeles Crest or where?
Old 05-08-2007, 08:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

sounds like fun
Old 05-08-2007, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: TW who would like to meet up for a canyon run (PLAGUED_DB7)

i would advise against this i live near the two "angeles crest, azusa" and there are always douchbags trying to race every honda up there...unless you wanted to go during the morning like 10 am till like 5 pm...good stuff I would be down. Just have people drive safe because if one person is speeding and the cops see a convoy everyone is pulled over, and everyone is assed out
Old 05-08-2007, 06:49 PM

Default Re: TW who would like to meet up for a canyon run (89efDUSTY)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PLAGUED_DB7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Angeles Crest or where?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm up for any and all, I normally go up and around the 27hw there alot of road's around there to play on

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by reallyslowda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sounds like fun </TD></TR></TABLE>

ya that's what I'm thinkin

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 89efDUSTY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i would advise against this i live near the two "angeles crest, azusa" and there are always douchbags trying to race every honda up there...unless you wanted to go during the morning like 10 am till like 5 pm...good stuff I would be down. Just have people drive safe because if one person is speeding and the cops see a convoy everyone is pulled over, and everyone is assed out </TD></TR></TABLE>

That's what I was thinkin I don't really want to do night run's and stupid driver's would be ignored....I have to deal with that every day

Now we just need a spot to meet up then role out I'm in Costa Mesa off the 55fw

Modified by racer4life at 12:10 AM 5/9/2007
Old 05-08-2007, 07:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I drive on Mulholland often. Like that a lot more than san gabriel and turnbull.

PM me if u wanna go.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hey, i live in San Gabriel, CA 91776. 626 area code. i dont know how far i live from you, but i live right off the 10 fwy. i would be down to go.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: TW who would like to meet up for a canyon run (SCoutZ)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SCoutZ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey, i live in San Gabriel, CA 91776. 626 area code. i dont know how far i live from you, but i live right off the 10 fwy. i would be down to go.</TD></TR></TABLE> i live close if this does happen and i am free convoy FTW
Old 05-09-2007, 11:29 AM

you guy's are about 40 min's from me we could meet somewhere around the 5 and the 10 and drive over......If all the ppl that have said they are down we should set up a time to meet and go say this sat. afternoon all meet at a food spot grab some grub and role..........up by Mulholland Topanga canyon

http://maps.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3...mag=6

there a link to show all the canyon trails up there leme know what you guy's think
Old 05-09-2007, 12:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

my friends and i go for spirited drives all the time in the local mountains. either night or day. doesnt matter. set up a place to meet ! i'll have a few cars ready to roll.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:34 PM

Default Re: TW who would like to meet up for a canyon run (dc-lefty)

ok I'm goin to go lookin for a good meet up spot today
Old 05-09-2007, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hope u guys have fun i went to something similar to this with all fg's.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thursday, May 10th I am going to a Long Beach meet. Afterwards I'll be going with whoever to palos verdes drive east:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=...&om=1

Green bubble is meeting spot from 8-10pm, red bubble is the road.

Road is fairly wide (2 lanes + ***** lane) and has good views of the coastline to the south. My favorite part is the 3 consecutive hairpins near the coast.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:39 PM
Ani
Honda-Tech Member

if you guys do this, its best to be done in the afternoon. and if its close to the 909 area (gmr etc..) i'll go and bring my camera for some quick photoshoots.
and i hope its gonna be a "cruise" because it will be incredibly stupid for people start doing "runs" in the middle of the day.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:39 AM

Default Re: TW who would like to meet up for a canyon run (Wired On Honda)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by scratchymaster &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thursday, May 10th I am going to a Long Beach meet. Afterwards I'll be going with whoever to palos verdes drive east:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=...&om=1

Green bubble is meeting spot from 8-10pm, red bubble is the road.

Road is fairly wide (2 lanes + ***** lane) and has good views of the coastline to the south. My favorite part is the 3 consecutive hairpins near the coast.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm down for this hit me up and leme know where the meet's at

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Wired On Honda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you guys do this, its best to be done in the afternoon. and if its close to the 909 area (gmr etc..) i'll go and bring my camera for some quick photoshoots.
and i hope its gonna be a "cruise" because it will be incredibly stupid for people start doing "runs" in the middle of the day.</TD></TR></TABLE>

afternoon is what I'm aiming for good view with the sun up, I'm sure there will be some playin but no race's on those roads unless you have a death wish

I'm about to role up to the 10 santa monica and drive up north from there to see what kind of meet spot's I can come up with.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hey i live pretty close to turnbull canyon, i'm down to meet up if people go... PS i drive a stock d series with decent suspension for the daily. I enjoy a spirited run, but not pushing my **** to the limits, thats for AUTO-Xers

I probably don't need to tell you guys, but i'm just putting it out there. where ever you guys go, keep it safe. it would be a shame if someone got hurt or wrecked their car.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: TW who would like to meet up for a canyon run (confucioussae)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by confucioussae &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> where ever you guys go, keep it safe. it would be a shame if someone got hurt or wrecked someone else's car. </TD></TR></TABLE> fixed
Old 05-10-2007, 10:07 PM

I had a blast today I was drivin up & down all the canyon's I could find from santa monica to 1000 oak's there are some killer veiw's and some many fun corner's 6hr's of it now it would be chill get 5-10 ppl to go, I would say the best time is a week day from noon till 4 or 5pm, but I know most ppl can't do this so... I'm goin to start a poll on what day's and time is good for everybody

I would like to get a role call on who would like to go this sat around noon or 1 for a couple hrs.....leme so I can get a list goin belive me you will have a blast well if you got great sup. and tire's

P.s bring a camera.....I forgot mine today I was bummed
Old 05-11-2007, 12:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I can go canyoning in Mulholland Tuesday, Thursday, or Friday at the noon to 4pm time u posted, haha.

Saturday or Sunday in the daytime is a bit more disappointing, with all the SUVs' and harleys. If I am serious then I go either Sunday night or Wed night.... wayyy night. Ironically, the times that most ppl are occupied are the times the mountains are free. Also to note: Friday and Saturday nights bring the wakening of the ricers and muscle car clubs to Malibu.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

For the Tuesday, 1pm Malibu romp, I can think of a couple of suburb places and a couple of remote places to meet.

For places near major streets, there's:

a cluster of 4 gas stations off the las virgines exit of Hwy 101 (North of canyons).

At the corner of Sunset and PCH there's a 76 station and a Von's (South of canyons, and closer for me).

For places in the canyons, there is:

the infamous stunt road / saddle peak road dirt area.

Also on Piuma there is:

a dirt parking lot at the southernmost hairpin turn.

Any comments ????
Old 05-11-2007, 11:55 AM

Default Re: (scratchymaster)

I stop at the hairpin on Piuma rd. I would like to hit that road again we should meet at the 76's or the von on sunset & PCH drive north to Mulholland Hwy take that back south 2 Kanan Dume rd. down 2 Latigo Canyon Rd. 2 PCH S. 2 Malibu Canyon rd. up to Piuma acrossed to Saddle Peak to Topanga and seefrom there sound good?
Old 05-11-2007, 01:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (racer4life)

Remember, to get from sunset and PCH to Latigo's base takes about 20 mins.

Roads that are boring / more traffic: topanga blvd (hwy 27), malibu canyon road

Avoid fernwood pacific at all costs, wayy too narrow and cobble-stoney.

I personally think the amount of canyoning we do should be under 90 mins. The route u have laid out above, racer, would take prolly more than that.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:17 PM

why under 90....cop's or you got thing's to do? I didn't get to do Latigo's last time, it look's fun and long so I was thinkin it would be good
Old 05-11-2007, 11:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Long drives overheat stuff, mostly brakes.
Latigo is more of a muscle car road. LOTS of tight hairpins. Uphill you spend most time in 2nd gear, downhill u ride the brakes all the way. I would like it more if I had more than 1.7 liters, but man its scary when the brakes get mushy towards the bottom. 90 mins was just a suggestion; just thinkin it would be hard to find ppl willing to do a 3 hr drive.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

sounds like a good idea. anyone have any for sure dates?

Quick Reply: TW who would like to meet up for a canyon run