Southern California Fresno & Below

Track Day Buttonwillow day after turkey day

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 10:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track Day Buttonwillow day after turkey day

Hello Track friends,

It's been 8 years now by my count, since the first event, wow. Every event seems a bit challenging getting the driver count up enough to make the bill, but this event always has some legs and I'm counting on you to continue to help spread the word. I've priced the event at around the market price, but the biggest difference will be in the low car count, we'll stick with no more than 3 rungroups, and 7 sessions each, there is the occasional lower cost provider, but the value is just not the same, in my opinion. As always, insurance, cornerworkers, track supervisor, start finish worker, emt will all be present, I don't skimp on anything.

Drifting, that's kind of how it all began, there were no organizations back in 02 that would condone drifting in their HPDE sessions, and the options are still limited, but I've struggled with the challenge of mixing a drift event with a standard hpde style, for whatever reason this date along with the group of friends I have continues to be a prime event to host both successfully. BUT, as of today I have zero drifters signed up, if I don't get some soon I may opt to eliminate the group, which also means I need to get the grip group count up, again please help spread the word.

In order to continue to allow drifting, it will now be restricted to high intermediate and advanced level drifters, if anyone has a question about thier eligibility please email me privately to discuss, off's will be treated with severe penalties as it potentially disrupts the lines for the grip drivers by bringing dirt onto the track (groups will not be mixed). Beginning drifters have the option to sign up for the skidpad only, and will be allowed on track the last drift session of the day if they can demonstrate some basic skills.

Last minute registration is also a struggle, I don't tier the registration costs based on time of registration because a lot of us are friends, and it also creates a lot of extra emailing and confusion. Having said that, please register as soon as you know you'll be able to attend. For the past few years I've learned to cut off registration well before the event is full, because you my friends are registering late. I know you're coming, so I have to save the space if I want to stick to my car count, in some previous years I've had folks who did not show up, who said they would and the event was short on rent. I'm trying to maintain that perfect balance, it's tough. I continue to view the event as "ours", I'm just collecting the funds to pay the track and organize the necessary accommodations to make it happen, I'm not the typical track host for profit, I want to drive as badly as any other person attending.

Please post on any forums you might peruse, and if you'd like to be removed from this mailing list, let me know.

The details are as follows:

Location: Buttonwillow Raceway Park, Buttonwillow, California

Date: Friday, November 26, 2010

Event Format:
Three rungroups, each getting one 20 minute session per hour.
Gates open at 7am
Drivers’ Meeting is at 8am
Track is hot 9am to 5pm

Groups will be as follows:
A: Grip
B: Grip
D: Drift
From 4 to 4:30 is open grip and from 4:30 to 5 is open drift. Drivers from any rungroup may join the sessions.

We will be using track configuration #13 clockwise all day.

Registration opened here:

http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/...event_id=11743

A lot of additional payment options this year, please find that information here:

http://www.laboratory17.com/?page_id=664

Follow the event on Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bobs-T...02206376511163

Thanks!
Old 10-22-2010, 10:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Track Day Buttonwillow day after turkey day

how much?