Notices
Southern California Fresno & Below

Speed Contest ticket..

Old 01-18-2011, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speed Contest ticket..

Anyone from SB County or around here get one?

I know what some of the consequences are but i want to know info from those that dealt with this? And what happened?
Old 01-18-2011, 11:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Speed Contest ticket..

did you get arrested?
Old 01-18-2011, 11:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea... this was in november
Old 01-19-2011, 07:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I got one of these tickets in 02 . I just had to pay a big fine and my car got towed
Old 01-19-2011, 01:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by civic nation
I got one of these tickets in 02 . I just had to pay a big fine and my car got towed
my car was towed also but they let me get it back in five days... do you remember about how much the fine was?
Old 01-19-2011, 03:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it was like 900 but that was a long time ago .
Old 01-19-2011, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

that my homeboys was 1300
Old 01-19-2011, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dammm...im guessing my fine will be that much or more..but cop has no evidence..he said he heard us peel out but all we were doing was driving next to eachother to a party..going over the speedlimit like 55 at a 45 zone..
Old 01-20-2011, 12:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i would have ran! lmfao! lol
Old 01-20-2011, 07:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I got busted in Ontario The ticked said engaging in a speed contest . I was actually racing
Old 01-20-2011, 10:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by civic nation
I got busted in Ontario The ticked said engaging in a speed contest . I was actually racing
mm..little different than mine probably..
Old 01-20-2011, 10:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://www.snopes.com/politics/traff...fornia2011.asp
Old 01-20-2011, 10:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

e he

thanks for the info..searched but my code didnt show up..imma look into it more
Old 01-21-2011, 07:05 AM
I like to party

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

He HEARD you peel out? If he didn't SEE you, you're off the hook. Take it to court, swear up and down you never peeled out or raced anyone and you're free to go.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you go to court, who do you think the judge will believe? You, the street racing punk kid or the officer of the law? You will end up paying the ticket and having to pay for court costs. Just pay the ticket and move on.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:52 AM
I like to party

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteSlipsWithStickers
If you go to court, who do you think the judge will believe? You, the street racing punk kid or the officer of the law? You will end up paying the ticket and having to pay for court costs. Just pay the ticket and move on.
Well, you're basically correct. Judges do that... often. And it sucks.

However, in the eyes of the law, the OP is innocent. He has to be "proven" guilty, and to do that the cop has to prove it was him peeling out and not the car next to him. Without a visual, he can't do that. And cops won't lie in court. (Usually) I've gotten out of tickets because the cop lost sight of me, if only for a few seconds. I argued that he had seen a different blue SI speeding, and then pulled me over. Judge agreed that the cop couldn't 100% positively identify my car since he lost sight of it, and I got off.

It all depends on the Judge, but it can't hurt to take it to court and try. Might get lucky and save himself a grand.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by WhiteSlipsWithStickers
totally right ... i tried to fight a ticket i got after coming out of a club in l.a , some dumn *** on a chunty *** civic smashed, cop was makina right onto the street and saw me on the scion and pulled me iver sayinghe saw me , wich was bs took him to court and judge saw my record and said"riggghhhhhhhtttt" and i had to pay for the fine ... same as my car accident , i was found guilty do to my tickets on modify stuff
Old 01-21-2011, 10:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

at first i just wanted to get over this and just pay the fine.. this is my first ticket ive receieved other than two fix it tickets. after going to court last week because the cop never filed the ticket at the first court session, he then refiled it. judge told me that my best thing to do was plead not Guilty. all i have to do now is try and see if i can fight it and atleast lower fines..

Originally Posted by oneEg1Tc
totally right ... i tried to fight a ticket i got after coming out of a club in l.a , some dumn *** on a chunty *** civic smashed, cop was makina right onto the street and saw me on the scion and pulled me iver sayinghe saw me , wich was bs took him to court and judge saw my record and said"riggghhhhhhhtttt" and i had to pay for the fine ... same as my car accident , i was found guilty do to my tickets on modify stuff
this is always happens. same day of court when i was going home i got pulled over for speeding 50 at a 45 zone. i was drivivng slow and i explained to cop i wasnt speeding..he let me go and down the street he ended up pulling over a dc2 with 18 inch chrome wheels and modified exhaust..
Old 01-26-2011, 03:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

my fine was 1500,my impound fee was 1300 plus for 30 days, whether the cop saw you or not this happened to me,thats normla that he asked you to plead guilty,every speed contest ur either arrested and taken in or arrested and released on sight, when u appear before the judge you have the option to either plead guilty and serve ur 5 days in jail in which case when you get out ur still stuck paying a fine and or community service, if not you plead not guilty in which case u return to court with a pd, and youll be asked to fill out some paperwork explaining ur part of the story,ur pd should present ur case to the judge and youll be given ur consequences or options from there. i ended up with a fine and 98 hrs work release at glen helen with 2 years probation. if you pay the fine i guess it goes different idk but my case is exactly similar to yours the cop didnt see me for crap in fact i was driving and instead of pulling me over with his car he walked right in front of my car as i was making a left turn he flashed his flash light at me to slow down and asked me to pull my vehicle over it all went south from there,i still lost!!! judges reason "you need proof son,ur word is just as good as the officers" good luck bro
Old 01-26-2011, 09:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JDM_JUNKIE_DA
my fine was 1500,my impound fee was 1300 plus for 30 days, whether the cop saw you or not this happened to me,thats normla that he asked you to plead guilty,every speed contest ur either arrested and taken in or arrested and released on sight, when u appear before the judge you have the option to either plead guilty and serve ur 5 days in jail in which case when you get out ur still stuck paying a fine and or community service, if not you plead not guilty in which case u return to court with a pd, and youll be asked to fill out some paperwork explaining ur part of the story,ur pd should present ur case to the judge and youll be given ur consequences or options from there. i ended up with a fine and 98 hrs work release at glen helen with 2 years probation. if you pay the fine i guess it goes different idk but my case is exactly similar to yours the cop didnt see me for crap in fact i was driving and instead of pulling me over with his car he walked right in front of my car as i was making a left turn he flashed his flash light at me to slow down and asked me to pull my vehicle over it all went south from there,i still lost!!! judges reason "you need proof son,ur word is just as good as the officers" good luck bro
thanks for the feedback man..i have pretrial next week..as for insurance, how much did it raise?did u have any tickets before that?
its my first ticket.. im guessing my fiine will be around the same amount!! what were ur other choices besides the work release hours and 2 year probation?
Old 01-27-2011, 08:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If you're adamant about your innocence, I'd call a lawyer.. Innocent until PROVEN guilty, right? I will gladly pay lawyer fees(if it's roughly the same amount as your court fees and fines and stuff) if it will clear my name.

The lawyer should know how to approach the judge and the procescutor and make the notions to move the case forward in requiring the prosecutors to provide full evidence.. At least that's what I think. But I highly suggest consulting a lawyer to see what's possible in your case and to see what the lawyer can do.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

cheapest lawyer i found was 600 for only 1 court date, and most times it will take two court dates which will be 1k.. imma see what i can do.