Notices
Southern California Fresno & Below

save lacr save lacr from closing

Old 05-27-2007, 09:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default save lacr save lacr from closing

i was at the track on friday and they giveing out this flyer

You may or may not beware of the "Closing of Los Angeles County Raceway" located at 6850 East Avenue T, Littlerock, CA 91543 and the effect it will have on the community at large, but most of all our "Young Adults"!

I'm sure that like all of us you are concerned with the "Street Racing" problem that exists today in our society, this is brought home every time we pick up a newspaper or tune in to the local news, and are informed of another accident as a direct result of "Street Racing" and another loss of "Life and Property".

LACR has been serving the communities in Los Angeles County for over 40 years; it has been a "Landmark" that has not only generated revenue for the County of Los Angeles and the Cities of Palmdale and Lancaster in particular. Most of all it has given our "Young Adults" and "Race Fans" a "Safe" and "Legal" place to race rather than the city streets. Due to the "Mining of Aggregate" (by Granite Construction) next door to LACR, the Drag Strip is doomed unless you help!

There needs to be at the "Vary Least a Moratorium" on the digging to allow "Local Governments" (City and County) to come up with an alternative. To let this proceed unaddressed is not in "Your Best Interest" or that of "The Community as a Whole".

As "Elected Officials" we ask you to "Stand Up" for our "Kids and Our Community"!

For more on this issue and contact information please visit http://www.SaveLACR.org

Old 05-30-2007, 05:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: 99 probs but a stolen car aint 1, ca, cerritos/fullerton
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

bump this shyt up
Old 05-30-2007, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (wrx-killer-Sti eater)

yeah bump guys

and sign up
Old 05-31-2007, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ef2_civic)

Old 06-09-2007, 10:37 AM

so sad. but nobody really cares of saving this place from closing down. officials would rather have racers running down the street at over 100 mph than on the track.

one-
generates higher revenue aka citation/s i.e. spinning the tire freely, exibition of speed.

two-
more people getting hurt/killed. if racer/s is/are killed. less for official to worry about.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (rjgerolaga)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rjgerolaga &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so sad. but nobody really cares of saving this place from closing down. officials would rather have racers running down the street at over 100 mph than on the track.

one-
generates higher revenue aka citation/s i.e. spinning the tire freely, exibition of speed.

two-
more people getting hurt/killed. if racer/s is/are killed. less for official to worry about.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats the truth. they tell us "just take it to the track" they one by one tracks get closed down or are open ONE night a week.

this is sad though
Old 06-16-2007, 08:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: save lacr save lacr from closing (92'carbonfrontenddb)

keep this up
Old 06-18-2007, 07:54 PM

run last week both wednesday and friday nite and brought my buddy with jdm itr along with my white itr. still did my worst 60 ft times with best of 2.39 and still run 15.384 with no mods but intake.
just came in to enjoy the last time i will be running there. track was horrible and couldn't hook up all nite. still looking forward of seeing that place go.