Notices
Southern California Fresno & Below

Machine shop to resurface heads

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon3 Machine shop to resurface heads

First off I don't know if this is the correct place to post this, so I'm posting it here because my car is 2004 Honda civic LX 4 door automatic. I realize there are people here from all over the place and not only California and they may not know of any shops in California. but like I said I don't know where to post this exactly.

Anyways anyone knows of a place where to get my heads resurfaced. Next week I am going to replace my head gasket because I pretty much have all week off work so I will have the time too. One thing I forgot to do was to find a shop that will resurface heads. I know of one place but it's kind of far from my mom’s house, that's where I will be working on my car next week as I can't work on it at my apartment. My mom lives in lake Elsinore, CA. The place I found is Called Dr. machine but they are located in Fountain Valley, CA, I would like a place near Lake Elsinore, but wouldn't mind driving far if they are worth it. Also they must be open on Friday or Saturday after Thanksgiving. so if you guys know of place that will resurface heads please let me know.

Also if you know of a place that will weld cracked exhaust manifolds that would be awesome too.

TL;DR please help me find a shop to resurface heads, near Lake Elsinore, CA, and that's open the weekend after thanksgiving
Old 11-22-2013, 12:38 PM
been there done that

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Machine shop to resurface heads

I googled "machine shop lake elsinore ca" and got 44,000 results. You couldn't do that?
Old 11-22-2013, 01:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by doood
I googled "machine shop lake elsinore ca" and got 44,000 results. You couldn't do that?

I did do that, That was the first thing I did, But every place I called had no Idea what heads were, didn't resurface heads or had some other excuse. I just came here for help, no need to be rude. It's not like I'm asking people to search for me but to give referral on places they already know about.

Edit: I realize it may sound like I am asking for people to search for me but that is not what I meant. I apologize for that.

Last edited by zrydervr4; 11-22-2013 at 02:07 PM.
Old 11-23-2013, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There's a place in Compton that does it for $20 pm me
Old 11-25-2013, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

P.M. sent.