Notices
Southern California Fresno & Below

good shop to install es master bushing kit, wheel bearings, ball joints...

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good shop to install es master bushing kit, wheel bearings, ball joints...

like the title says, im looking for a good shop to install new bushings, front wheel bearings and ball joints, i'll bring them all the control arms, hubs etc.. and the parts.

im located in the IE, but i'll drive to LA,OC or SD if the price is right.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: good shop to install es master bushing kit, wheel bearings, ball joints...

what kind of car? full es master set? if so its a lot of pieces. suspension on the car or off? very time consuming and not an easy task.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: good shop to install es master bushing kit, wheel bearings, ball joints...

Originally Posted by PilotOnDubs
what kind of car? full es master set? if so its a lot of pieces. suspension on the car or off? very time consuming and not an easy task.
its a total of 20 bushings, 4 lower control arms, 4 upper control arms and 2 trailing arms, 2 front wheel bearings and all 8 ball joints upper and lower front and rear. 92 honda prelude

i have the parts off the car already just need the new parts installed
Old 04-12-2012, 08:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by n0rmaL
its a total of 20 bushings, 4 lower control arms, 4 upper control arms and 2 trailing arms, 2 front wheel bearings and all 8 ball joints upper and lower front and rear. 92 honda prelude

i have the parts off the car already just need the new parts installed
Im trying to visualize the ones on the front wheel bearings, the rta's, and ball joints...
If you can pm me some pictures I can determine if I can tackle this project

Last edited by PilotOnDubs; 04-13-2012 at 06:49 AM.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Little late but steve^ is the man

Vouche alll day
Old 04-16-2012, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanx bud
Old 04-18-2012, 05:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i found a place in temecula that did it for $200 out the door, they removed all the old bushings, bearings and ball joints and installed the new ones, not to bad imo seeing how all the other places i called wanted $300+

Old 04-19-2012, 07:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ah you got it done... I could have used the money
Old 04-19-2012, 08:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Most (ok all) shops around here on the Central Coast consider that tedious and busy work so they charge a lot more. It's pretty sad they try and bend people over for such simple work. Glad you got it done for a normal rate.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by n0rmaL
i found a place in temecula that did it for $200 out the door, they removed all the old bushings, bearings and ball joints and installed the new ones, not to bad imo seeing how all the other places i called wanted $300+

where was this done? shop name and number?
Old 04-21-2012, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Smitherz
Most (ok all) shops around here on the Central Coast consider that tedious and busy work so they charge a lot more. It's pretty sad they try and bend people over for such simple work. Glad you got it done for a normal rate.
I Wouldn't consider it bending people over for $300 or so for this type of job.
Its not that simple. It's very time consuming, especially if the parts are still on the vehicle. I did es bushings on the front of a Ef hatch, and it took nearly 4 hours. Different size bushings require specific size objects such as sockets to be used in order to press out the old bushings. Sometimes they dont fit well, and you have to just make it work. Not fun, not easy, and definitely not fast. That's why it does tend to be expensive.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah I agree. If a car is dropped off and expects all the bushings to be replaced for cheap that isn't going to happen. n0rmal took off all the parts that needed bushings pressed in though so his cost should be low.

It also depends on if you find a tech that has worked on a lot of the same vehicle. I recently took a truck in to a shop to have an upper ball joint replaced. The mechanic said I should to check and see if the upper control arm wasn't much more money. I was like SERIOUSLY? Ball joint is $29 and I have it right now and you want me to go see if I can get the whole control arm so your lazy butt doesn't have to press it in for me? Oh that was a good laugh right in his face.