Notices
Southern California Fresno & Below

Anyshops in the L.A. area who weld

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 07:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyshops in the L.A. area who weld

I've called body shops and everyone wants to charge for an estimate...Can anyone come weld my rad support on for me? lol, im serious. I've seen u guys weld in here and it's so impressive i trust u more cuz i've seen alot of you guy'z work.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Anyshops in the L.A. area who weld (SIRIUS VTEC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SIRIUS VTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've called body shops and everyone wants to charge for an estimate...Can anyone come weld my rad support on for me? lol, im serious. I've seen u guys weld in here and it's so impressive i trust u more cuz i've seen alot of you guy'z work.</TD></TR></TABLE>

your faith in the average person is very well placed... a lot of people think that just because a person doesnt have a degree in something that they cant do it to the same standards... but ive always done things on my own.. i feel school is a great asset if u have the money and time... but even without school u can still learn a great deal from life and books... and forums like this one...

If u got 100$ to spend i say buy a cheap fluxcore mig welder... practice a couple times on random scrap... theres tons of tutorials online... even a cheap fluxcore mig welder or a Stick Arc Welder can do the job u need...

A stick arc welder will make nicer looking welds and probably penetrate even more for the money but requires a lil bit more practice then the mig... so i say go with a cheap mig fluxcore from like harbor freight... Do NOT use their welding wire though... seriously its garbage.. but the machine is defitnatly decent... get some lincoln welding wire for the machine and the welds will look pretty good even though they are fluxcore...

if u want to just pay someone to do it.. i wish i still had my god damn welding machine... or any welding machine for that matter... i would do it but i got nothing... im sure someone will do it for cheap..
Old 10-15-2008, 09:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can't weld in LA, its too close to the sun.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (dave@passenger)

I'm with him