Notices
Southern California Fresno & Below

ANY SUCCESFUL GRADUATE FROM WYOTECH LBC?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 09:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ANY SUCCESFUL GRADUATE FROM WYOTECH LBC?

I`m starting class this Feb so i wanted to get input and advice from any graduates. thnx also fell free to post the pros and cons from anyone who attended .
Old 01-14-2010, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ANY SUCCESFUL GRADUATE FROM WYOTECH LBC?

what are you getting a cert in?
Old 01-14-2010, 03:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i started to go there but stopped going after 4 months because i got hired at a shop and i was learning alot more at the shop then i was at school... cons are class sizes dont allow you to get as much hands on as you want... some teachers are lazy some teachers are straight up dicks and get off on failing people...you learn from a book more then i would learn out in the shop..also too expensive for what kind of educations your getting... i honestly regret goin to wyotech because i had too many people in my class and know i could of got the same education goin to a junior college or l.a. trade tech for alot less of the cost...yess some places will hire you comin from a big school like wyotech but when u know ur **** it doesnt matter... u can get an alternative education and just get ASE certified and ur good to work anywhere
Old 01-14-2010, 09:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thnx oreo-teck ..what does the whole 4 months consist of and i dont think i can get a job at a shop, what kind of shop did you start working at?
Old 01-14-2010, 10:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well they start you off with electrictal...basic battery alternator and starter bullshit...testing... then gets into motors... in motors we didnt touch a motor...then gets into fuel injection which included all the sensors on a motor..its good u wanna learn how to work on cars but spending 24k isnt the best way to do it when u can probably get a btter education with more hands on at a junior college or l.a. trade tech..i started working on government fleet vehicles...so basically chevys and fords all day...i liked goin there because its all about cars but after i left i knew it was a waist....i'm not telling u to not go there but if u go make sure ur not the guy not participating or not asking questions...because then u wont learn
Old 01-15-2010, 08:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well for 24k im definately going to get any and all certs available. thnx alot bro.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ur not getting certified bro... the representatives lie to you... they give you a certificate saying u learned how to flush coolant or that you know how to recycle free-on... nothing that counts to a dealership or a shop... i got alot of certificates but they dont mean anything
Old 01-17-2010, 09:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

no way! damn that sucks now im having second thoughts
Old 01-17-2010, 10:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

In a way I say don't do it cause my friend went there and he said the jobs they get people are garbage he said his homie finshed the class and they got him a job at autozone... I went to check it out it does looke nice and stuff but yea like the dude said up there u can get the same or better schooling at la trade tech or a junior college the only prob with goin to trade tech or jc is that it takes longer for u to finish the program
Old 01-18-2010, 02:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by rivoe302er
no way! damn that sucks now im having second thoughts
Not trying to thread jack, just wanna say I'm in the same boat man, I started UTI back in November and have been having second thoughts. Nice campus and staff, just not sure it's gonna work out in the end.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:04 PM

I graduated from Wyotech's automotive department this month and to me the experience was good. I dont know what kind of teachers dude on top had but we got to tear down engines and rebuild them. As well as auto and manual transmissions. Sucks *** because their is not many teachers into the whole honda scene, they are all mostly older peeps into chevy or ford. I learned many things i didnt know before. I dont regret on on going there. And as for the job hunt, yeah they help u get jobs some might be shittty but its better than nothing. And y would anyone take a job at auto zone anyways, i mean its not a bad job but school will give u some good experience. People are just lazy and think all da good jobs are going to them, NO, it doesnt work that way, its called JOB HUNT for a reason, because u have to hunt for the best JOB!!!
Old 01-18-2010, 12:10 PM

Oh also we learned how to do alignments, And electrical work (which is not so easy) and alot of other things that will help u in the field. Not a single shop will show u all of these because a shop doesnt work in all areas meaning Brakes, SUSpension, Alignment, engine rebuild, tranny rebuild etc. U get all of this in one. I say give it a shot. If u want to check out some of the work they give u, i dont mind letting u borrow some of my bnooks so u can see the kind of stuff they teach. Ive good a whole lot of them, just tell me wat u area ur interested in!!!
Old 01-18-2010, 08:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thnx eg6 ill pm you
Old 01-19-2010, 08:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Streets of Sacramento...But now living in So Cal, usa

I graduated from Wyotech Sacramento a while back for Autobody & Paint and no it ain't worth it imo, for the $ you're better off going to a jr college it's way cheaper but takes a little longer. The truth is it's all hands on in the automotive industry if you can find a job in the field and work your way up. A real good jr college for automotive is Cyress college right next door to LBC
Old 01-19-2010, 08:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Streets of Sacramento...But now living in So Cal, usa

Yea i know it can be hard too my bro n law is a master tech at Pepboys and he too be telling me there's guys at his work fresh out of UTI taking 9-10$ job changing oils and batteries