Southern California Fresno & Below

951 ricer meet 100 cops and 20 cars impounded ::news::

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 11:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 951 ricer meet 100 cops and 20 cars impounded ::news::

http://www.instantriverside.co...03/29/

More than 100 police officers from Riverside and allied agencies conducted a surprise operation to deter street racing activity at the Canyon Crossing shopping center, 6187 Valley Springs Parkway, at the eastern edge of the city of Riverside, late Friday night. Street racing activity has been a persistent Friday night problem at the location for several weeks.

At 11 p.m., Friday night, March 28, police halted racing and exhibition of speed activities and conducted a field inspection of more than 150 vehicles. As of 2 a.m., Saturday, the combined police agencies reported approximately 100 citations for various vehicle code violations and 48 citations for illegal engine modifications common to street racing.

Twenty vehicles were impounded and towed – one found with a stolen engine and transmission, 14 for altered engine or transmission identification information, and four for drivers without a license.

There were four arrests at the scene, one each for drunk in public, resisting an officer, an outstanding felony warrant and one for exhibition of speed.

“We want to send a powerful message that street racing will not be tolerated,” said Sgt. Skip Showalter of the Riverside Police Traffic Division and the Riverside County Regional Street Racing Task Force.

In addition to the Riverside Police Department, were officers from the multi-agency Riverside Auto-Theft Interdiction Detail (RAID), Riverside County Sheriff’s Moreno Valley Police Department, California Highway Patrol, Ontario Police Department, Irwindale Police Department, Fontana Police Department, Baldwin Park Police Department and the Mount San Jacinto Community College Police Department.

Old 03-31-2008, 01:20 PM
I do what I want

Default Re: 951 ricer meet 100 cops and 20 cars impounded ::news:: (jdmkid8383)

LOL. the only car that was "LEGAL" was a domestic.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 951 ricer meet 100 cops and 20 cars impounded ::news:: (Coke in a Can)

lol...
Old 03-31-2008, 10:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 951 ricer meet 100 cops and 20 cars impounded ::news:: (jdmkid8383)

did u all read the comment at the bottom? i totally agree with it... i guess cops in riverside had nothing better to do...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I agree to this being BS. Half the people out there are just there to hang out with other Car enthusiast and check out some cools cars and have a good time. They weren’t violating any loitering laws. Unless a business called the Law officers due to excessive noise or interfering with business I think this is BS. It’s like randomly asking Socal people for immigration documents just because they were of hispanic decent. Or busting people outside a bar for being drunk in public. Or searching a black guy for drugs while he was waiting for his ride on a corner because he looks like he sells drugs. Or raiding someones house because he might have drugs in it because of assumptions. Wheres the warrants? That would allow them to pop your hood and look through your property. What warrants them to group everyone by the cars they drive. They don’t arrest guys on choppers because of their violent past back in the day. I think Law enforcement needs something better to do. Put that money and effort into something that will help society. I see gang members hang out in front of houses selling dope all day and cops drive by without a glance. But they can sum up the man power to “RAID” (who thought of the acronym, took some serious thinking. Must of been like “yhea…raid… that sounds cool. Like the stuff you spray on bugs”) a group a kids in a parking lot hanging out with friends. Might as well break up kids playing duck duck goose.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 03-31-2008, 11:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is why you dont go out to the local car meets, its either you get hassled by cops or hassled by theives...its a lose lose situation.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bmoua)

yeah those cops were dumb as rocks, accusing everything for being illegal even if u had ur carb stickers they still said it was it illegal. 1.52secs in the video thats my white hatch..lol geez i was pissed but that asian kid that was talking to the camera had a bone stock s2000 and since they couldnt find anything done to the car they tried accusing him for drinking and the kid doesnt even drink it was a bunch of b.s that night. i learned my lesson i give 2 to ricers.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (egjdmcivichatch)

lmfao @ asian kid with the s2k
Old 04-01-2008, 03:26 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: 951 ricer meet 100 cops and 20 cars impounded ::news:: (Coke in a Can)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Coke in a Can &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">LOL. the only car that was "LEGAL" was a domestic.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ya and it was a old man... wack ****
Old 04-05-2008, 12:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

that suks sum fat ones, we cant even have meets n e more or else the f@#kin pigs break it up ,hope dis doesnt happen to the ef meet
Old 04-06-2008, 07:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (killafred187)

In that statement, the guy askes where are the warrents to look under the hood ? All po po needs is probable cause, so this means any visual modifications gives them probable cause. However WTF if no one is racing or showing off ??? ya thats BS. God forbid im sitting at In n OUT with some chick and get rolled cause i got a CF hood and black steelies on a 3" drop lol ...... "yes sir look under my hood, but you had damn well better have your code book on you" pays to know the codes.

PS if any of you can, go by your local uniform store that supplies local agencies and pick up a code book and learn it. It may help get you out of a future ticket

Modified by Blzdeep at 10:23 AM 4/6/2008
Old 04-07-2008, 12:02 AM
I <3 My CB7.

"fit the criteria for citation"

wow, profiling much..

But it serves them right, who meets up at 11pm to have a "meet," the only meets that happen late at night like that are ones where they set up who races who.

Old 04-07-2008, 08:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 951 ricer meet 100 cops and 20 cars impounded ::news:: (UCLA.lion)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by UCLA.lion &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">"fit the criteria for citation"

wow, profiling much..

But it serves them right, who meets up at 11pm to have a "meet," the only meets that happen late at night like that are ones where they set up who races who.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

or its for people that actually work during the day...
Old 04-07-2008, 11:50 AM
I <3 My CB7.

Default Re: 951 ricer meet 100 cops and 20 cars impounded ::news:: (I heart My EF Sedan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by I heart My EF Sedan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

or its for people that actually work during the day... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah I like to goto meets late at night when I have work the next day in the morning.

Modified by UCLA.lion at 4:47 PM 4/7/2008
Old 04-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 951 ricer meet 100 cops and 20 cars impounded ::news:: (UCLA.lion)

cali
Old 04-07-2008, 08:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 951 ricer meet 100 cops and 20 cars impounded ::news:: (Rediness_code)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rediness_code &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">cali </TD></TR></TABLE>

dont hate . CA is 1 of the best states yet 1 of the worst.

The Gift and The Curse
Old 04-07-2008, 09:52 PM

Default Re: 951 ricer meet 100 cops and 20 cars impounded ::news:: (Rediness_code)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rediness_code &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">cali </TD></TR></TABLE> Hedertucky NV
Old 04-07-2008, 09:58 PM

Default Re: 951 ricer meet 100 cops and 20 cars impounded ::news:: (GoldCoin)

Turns out I went the weekend before just to check it out. There might have been 40% Hondas at best the rest were lowered/raised trucks, mustangs, muscle cars, and a mix of imports and lets not forget the dunk bunch!

Air bagged trucks were draging there bodies on the ground, the dunk guys were drivin around with there doors all "Lamboed", the muscles cars were reving, and Hondas were getting V-tacky.

This is what happens when to many stupid people get together, however I'd put my money on the Hondas getting the bad end of the stick.

Funny thing is even though some of the Hondas were V-tacky, it wasen't as bad or as dangerous as some of the other **** that was taking place.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 951 ricer meet 100 cops and 20 cars impounded ::news:: (1cammer_slammer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1cammer_slammer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Hedertucky NV </TD></TR></TABLE>

hedertucky, NV......population 20
Old 04-08-2008, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 951 ricer meet 100 cops and 20 cars impounded ::news:: (RYNO48)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RYNO48 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Turns out I went the weekend before just to check it out. There might have been 40% Hondas at best the rest were lowered/raised trucks, mustangs, muscle cars, and a mix of imports and lets not forget the dunk bunch!

Air bagged trucks were draging there bodies on the ground, the dunk guys were drivin around with there doors all "Lamboed", the muscles cars were reving, and Hondas were getting V-tacky.

This is what happens when to many stupid people get together, however I'd put my money on the Hondas getting the bad end of the stick.

Funny thing is even though some of the Hondas were V-tacky, it wasen't as bad or as dangerous as some of the other **** that was taking place.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

If what this man says is true, you all who got caught up in this **** shouldve bounced from this meet and never returned. We have a spot like this called mission beach on saturdays. That = fail If a bunch of dumb **** ricers, wanna-be's & trucks and **** are already [freak]in things up, thats your clue to jet. I sympothize as i have been in my fair end of the **** stick, but common sense next time fellas will save you a lot
Old 04-10-2008, 06:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 951 ricer meet 100 cops and 20 cars impounded ::news:: (cooltron)

Rediness_code

is emooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Old 04-10-2008, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i know this happen few weeks ago, but I was actually at the Mustang Meet that the old man said. (dad has a mustang). The old guy had cams, headers, full exhaust, etc. Legal my @$$. The funny thing is that the mustang guys were going to go to Hooters, but I think they knew there was an import meet at hooters, so they chicken'd out, lol
Old 04-10-2008, 01:25 PM

whos the guy with the hot tranny?
what did they do to your car?
Old 04-10-2008, 02:43 PM

Default Re: (famoush22)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by famoush22 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">whos the guy with the hot tranny?
what did they do to your car?</TD></TR></TABLE>hopefully crushed his car if he did have hot parts,.,serves him right!
Old 04-12-2008, 04:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 951 ricer meet 100 cops and 20 cars impounded ::news:: (GoldCoin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rediness_code &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">cali </TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GoldCoin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

dont hate . CA is 1 of the best states yet 1 of the worst.

The Gift and The Curse</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha, couldn't have said it better myself. Rediness_code= sux ***** hard. it must suck living in Nobodygivesafuky, NV.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 951 ricer meet 100 cops and 20 cars impounded ::news:: (oem_dc2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by oem_dc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

hedertucky, NV......population 20 </TD></TR></TABLE>
Actually here in las vegas there is about 2 million people. <TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DOHChatchGUY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

haha, couldn't have said it better myself. Rediness_code= sux ***** hard. it must suck living in Nobodygivesafuky, NV.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Do you have trouble breathing with your head so far up your ***? Funny how people get but hurt over the simplest comment. I have lived in cali most of my life and I know how it is, worst street conditions in the country, worst traffic, most outrageous laws not to mention thieves thrive. Dont get me wrong its a nice area but nowadays you cant have a honda without being harassed by police, almost everything is illegal. Trust me I know how Ontario, Fontana and all the IE is. And the name of the city where I reside is called Henderson fyi.

Quick Reply: 951 ricer meet 100 cops and 20 cars impounded ::news::