Notices

ATL, GA - FS: 1997 Honda Prelude 5 speed, San Marino Red,

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 03:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ATL, GA - FS: 1997 Honda Prelude 5 speed, San Marino Red,

Hey y'all! I have my little daily driver Prelude for sale...I hate to do it but we live in a condo community and parking is quite limited, and with a recent car purchase, I simply have no more need (or room!) for the ol' gal.

Details:

San Marino Red
5 speed manual
Non-smoker (interior is near flawless)
214k (won't go up really because I don't drive it much at all)
No smoking, no CEL's, no major issues at all...great daily driver that I have enjoyed for several years now.

...I'm the 3rd owner, original Georgia car purchased at Hennessy Honda (where it was serviced most of it's life). Had a single accident in it's history in 2010 (I have the autocheck I can send potential buyers if they want to see details), repairs were done by a quality shop (Magnum Collision in Kennesaw from what the previous owner told me). The car is fairly unmolested aside from the following...

- JVC Bluetooth Handsfree head unit with front USB input and iPhone controls
- 32% window tint (professionally installed @ Artistic Tint in Marietta GA)
- OEM style Prelude SH front lip spoiler
- JDM Foglight housings
- DEPO black housing headlights
- OEM Honda sunroof wind deflector
- 5k HID's (professionally installed @ Dynamic Sound in Norcross GA)
- Slight tint on headlights and foglights (on car before I purchased it, does not effect light output)

Here's what I know about the service history and what will need to be done in the future...

- New Clutch at 160k (feels perfect)
- GM Synchro Mesh fluid added last fall (for no real reason other than ensuring the shifts remained smooth)
- Matching set of Bridgestones with about 50% tread left (rides smooth on highway but still decently grippy for spirited driving)
- A/C and heat work perfectly (A/C compressor was replaced around the same time as the clutch so should have good life left in it)
- Paint is in great shape and has been maintained fairly regularly, the red still buffs out very clean and vibrant.
- Recently replaced plugs, wires and distributor cap/rotor.

...here are some things that will need to be addressed by a potential owner...

- Typical heat shield rattle from this car (not too bad actually compared to many others I've heard)
- Rear brake pads need to be replaced in the next month or two
- Slight oil leak from main seal (again, typical of engine, especially with this mileage...not really bad at all though)
- Suspension could probably use a refresh in the near future but still handles well (no weird noises or vibrations)

...I think you will be quite impressed with the condition of this BB6. When I bought it I instantly fell in love with it, and have enjoyed it to this day. Still runs great, VTEC pulls strong in the upper power band, and she still has tons of life left in her for whoever has the pleasure of owning her next.

I'm asking $4,900...fairly firm on that price. I'm also including an extra set of the OEM blade style wheels that you see on the car (no tires on extra set).

Onto the pics!

Name:  bu84cn5.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  499.7 KB
Name:  1I91zUP.jpg
Size:  412.6 KB
Name:  oIEMhVu.jpg
Size:  503 Bytes
Name:  Y5oxokz.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  106.9 KB
Name:  PusCYtx.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  415.6 KB

(I have lots of other pictures but I think you get the jest of it from these)

That's about it! Contact me via email and we can work out test drives and what not... seanhrcc@gmail.com