Notices

1988 Honda Civic Wagon 4WD *Project w/extra eng/trans*

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 07:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1988 Honda Civic Wagon 4WD *Project w/extra eng/trans*

Selling only as entire package, will not separate.

PM me here or email @ ccoberly AT gmail DOT com

Asking $1500 OBO

Up for sale is a 1988 Honda Civic Wagon that needs work, currently does not run and would need to be towed on a flatbed truck.

I have owned this car since 2006 and it has served me well but now I don’t have the time to fix it. Engine was rebuilt about a year and a half ago with all new seals, gaskets, SOHC ZC camshaft and PM7 pistons.

After the engine was put back in the car it started, sounded good and I was able to move the car forward/reverse. The next day I tried again, the car would crank but not turn over and I suspect something is wrong with the clutch/flywheel. Last time it was started was about 6 months ago and I just don’t have time to fix it and no longer have any need for the car.

The exterior of the car was painted satin black with Rustoleum page. There’s some rust bubbles above the passenger’s side rear wheel and 3 smallish dent, crack in windshield but other than that the body is in good condition.

The previous owner installed Integra seats in the front/rear which didn't work so they were replaced with Si seats in the front and wagon seats in the back that were dyed black.

In addition to the wagon I own two other cars that are not Honda’s so I am including all my Honda parts with the car and will not separate.

The DOHC ZC engine was in my CRX HF until I wrecked it. Before the wreck it was my daily driver, never had any issues, ran fast and was very dependable. In the wreck, the timing belt slipped off so I pulled the engine/trans/wiring harness from the car before scrapping the body. Other than the timing belt there was no visible damage but I am unsure if anything internal was damaged.

Itemized list of parts included with the wagon:

1) DOHC ZC w/Si trans, complete wiring harness, shift linkage, axles,header/downpipe
2) SOHC ZC head with A6 cam
3) Unknown head (probably D15)
4) CRX HF/Civic DX axles
5) Set of 4WD wagon axles
6) Transmission jack
7) Engine hoist
8) Clutches, clutch covers, alternators, distributors, wagon rear control arms, wagon 4WD springs, throttle bodies, DOHC ZC distributor adapter
9) Set of 4 Civic VX wheels (one wheel is damaged)
10) Set of 4 Mazda Miata wheels (2 tires are unusable)
11) 7 ECU’s
12) Not pictured, engine stand

Last edited by alupso; 04-15-2014 at 02:01 AM.