Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Southeast (https://honda-tech.com/forums/southeast-116/)
-   -   shops near me (https://honda-tech.com/forums/southeast-116/shops-near-me-2941568/)

Organization 05-30-2011 08:55 AM

shops near me

im trying to find local shops near miami that sell engine parts_ i kno of the internet stores and vendors on H-T but sometimes i rather walk to a store or call and ask if they have a part b4 ordering online and waiting espeacially to see if i ordered the right part

i know of murrays in north miami(expensive)

any help will be great

you can also post up any engine machine shops

mtber 05-30-2011 09:04 AM

Re: shops near me

Originally Posted by Organization (Post 45367732)
im trying to find local shops near miami that sell engine parts_ i kno of the internet stores and vendors on H-T but sometimes i rather walk to a store or call and ask if they have a part b4 ordering online and waiting espeacially to see if i ordered the right part

i know of murrays in north miami(expensive)

any help will be great

Murrays is expensive?

If you want the best deals, your best bet is going to be to order online or over the phone from an out of state company so you don't have to pay sales tax etc.

Turbogixxer 05-30-2011 09:13 AM

What parts are you looking for?

Organization 05-30-2011 08:56 PM

i not saying im not going to buy parts from them cause they are expensive

but a few shop around me actual shut down or relocated etc, went out of business and i just wanna know where other shops are located incase i need a part that another shop doesn't have or in a emergency i know i dont have tobe down for a day or more waiting on a hard to get part you cant find at autozone, dont meen to come off as a cheappy but i am cheap to a point

and the parts i am looking for are rod bearings and a eagle rod that seems tobe a older model rod (i think i beam ill put up a pic) it has from what i was told 13.1 comp arias pistons but it spunt a rod bearing on cylinder 2 so i have another block with bad head stud holes so imma put that crank in it with all new bearings (main?,and rod) arp bolts (main and head)

so yea bearings,1 eagle rod and if i cant find it then ill get a whole set of h beam rods,

ill start a new thread for the build or just keep it here

mtber shoot me a pm plz

Organization 06-03-2011 07:02 PM

well i guess instead of aftermarket parts shops instead you can post up engine machine shop locations in ft lauderdale thanks

Organization 06-10-2011 08:32 AM

i need a piston removed from a ls rod cause i spunt a bearing, i called 1 shop and they said it cant be done because it makes the piston brittle

so can antone comment on this are piston unsalvagable if taken off a rod to use on another