Southeast Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, South Carolina

Beware: Dover Heads of Greenville South Carolina

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 06:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: New York in the summer, South Carolina in the winter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beware: Dover Heads of Greenville South Carolina

I would just like to inform everyone of the customer service I received while doing business at Dover Heads of Greenville SC. This has been without a doubt the worst automotive related experience I have ever had. I choose Dover Heads because of their fast turnaround time, and how well they praised themselves at being able to do the job.

I was told that the work would be done in a few days- It ended up being 2 weeks for them to do the work. There whole claim was “no headaches and fast turnaround time”. This obviously was not the case.

Upon arrival to their shop, I look at the head to see that it has been bead blasted on the inside. The cam journals were bead blasted to a dull exterior finish. Anyone who has ever done any work on a Honda knows that the cam journals are polished to a finish from the factory, and that its very important they stay smooth-

I was told that they do this with every head, and that it is normal. I take their word for it, against my better judgment. After that, I notice that parts of the head are still clogged with grease, which makes me think they did a half *** job cleaning it-

While looking at it further, I noticed that the valve springs were installed backwards- the dual springs are on the exhaust side and vice versa. At this point it really dawns on me that they are incompetent to do work, so I call them up telling them that I am unhappy with the service and would like to speak to a manager. I’m told to call back on Thursday ( I called on a Monday). Today comes around and I give them a call- Chris the manager told me that I was wasting his time and that I can take it back to him. I tell him that its over an hour away and that I don’t trust the shop to do the work. He tells me I can ship it, but other than that I’m SOL.

Can you believe a manager telling a customer that they are wasting his time?