Notices
Southeast Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, South Carolina

Bad News!!! Nopi Nationals has been canceled for this year

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 04:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad News!!! Nopi Nationals has been canceled for this year

I never post in this part of the foru, but I wanted to let eveyone know that Nopi has officially canceled Nopi Nationals for this year and maybe for good. I spoke with Dana (whatever her last name is) who is Mike Myers personal assistant, today and she told me that do to unfortunate events they are have to cancel Nopi Nationals. I then asked her what about next year and she said that there are not sure what is going to happen. So this will probably back up the fact that they are going bankrupt and cant afford to do anything now.
So for anyone that is planning on going dont and for those who made reservations like I did cancel them. I dont see how they would cancel the biggest event of the year. To me its going to **** alot of people off and really make them go under. I also know that Mike Myers brother has been in the hospitol and that could have an affect. I really look forward to this event every year. And now it could be gone for good. Sorry for the bad news to those who like going to it. I guess we have to start going to other smaller events to make up for it. To Nopi and not letting anyone know yet or earlier. And by the way there is going to be a press conference on the issue on the website sometime soon.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow... they canceled the ricer nationals... bummer.

Old 07-16-2008, 05:22 PM
O.G. triple O.G.

Received 218 Likes on 196 Posts
Default Re: Bad News!!! Nopi Nationals has been canceled for this year (per4mance)

NOPI........= crappiest car show in the world. The only way you would win in any category is if your bank account is unlimited. I'm not even going to talk about the PRICE GOUGING by the hotels/motels.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Bad News!!! Nopi Nationals has been canceled for this year (NVturbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NVturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">NOPI........= crappiest car show in the world. The only way you would win in any category is if your bank account is unlimited. I'm not even going to talk about the PRICE GOUGING by the hotels/motels.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well some of us go for the hanging out part and to get away. I never cared about winning anything there, but I did anyways twice. So for the people who enter shows to win and to to hangout I am sorry for the dissapointment of not winning. Why cant people just injoy being somewhere else with all there friends. Instead they let the actual show get them down whwn they lose. I and alot of other people love going to the nationals and other events to cause its what we do, deal with cars and the automotive world. So for anyone who gets mad at not wiining thats just as bad like being a ricer ( one who puts as much as they can on a car to try and make people think what they are not) And as far as price gauging from hotels, if you complain about the price then dont go, cause its apart of it, so if you do go deal with it. I am going to miss the fun I have at the Nationals I hope they will bring it back next year.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man that sucks. I go every year and its always fun.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:27 PM
Import Alliance

Default Re: (LunDC)

In the wake of the NOPI Nationals and the remainder of the NOPI Motorsports Season being cancelled this year, we feel compelled to express our sincere hope that the Myers Brothers and the entire NOPI organization will soon return to this industry better than ever. While ImportAlliance is a fundamentally different event than any of the NOPI events we can readily identify with the difficulty that is associated with producing a show at the level and quality that has become associated with the the NOPI Nationals.

In the meantime we will continue to produce and promote ImportAlliance for what it is - the Largest Import Car Meet in the country. For those of you who have never attended an ImportAlliance event and are wondering whether you should plan in the next few days to take the trip to Nashville Tennessee, here is what you can expect. It's a grassroots style…. Cruise-in/meet/social gathering/show-n-shine/learning opportunity/teaching opportunity/marketing opportunity/motorsports event. ImportAlliance is everything that you love about import cars. It is not a lifestyle event. It is how people who enjoy import cars get together and have fun while learning to make their cars even better. We know that a lot of energy goes into building cars and doing mods in preparation for national events. We would encourage you to consider bringing your car to ImportAlliance'08 to demonstrate the hard work you've invested in your car. We sincerely hope to see you and your car at ImportAlliance '08 on July 25th and 26th.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:15 AM

Default Re: (Don Napier)

ok look at this i hope this works?? http://www.importatlanta.com/f...84390
Old 07-29-2008, 11:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Miracle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Miracle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wow... they canceled the ricer nationals... bummer.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NVturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">NOPI........= crappiest car show in the world. The only way you would win in any category is if your bank account is unlimited. I'm not even going to talk about the PRICE GOUGING by the hotels/motels.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't like it? Then don't go!

This guy said it best. The same reason I went.<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by per4mance &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well some of us go for the hanging out part and to get away. I never cared about winning anything there, but I did anyways twice. So for the people who enter shows to win and to to hangout I am sorry for the dissapointment of not winning. Why cant people just injoy being somewhere else with all there friends. Instead they let the actual show get them down whwn they lose. I and alot of other people love going to the nationals and other events to cause its what we do, deal with cars and the automotive world. So for anyone who gets mad at not wiining thats just as bad like being a ricer ( one who puts as much as they can on a car to try and make people think what they are not) And as far as price gauging from hotels, if you complain about the price then dont go, cause its apart of it, so if you do go deal with it. I am going to miss the fun I have at the Nationals I hope they will bring it back next year. </TD></TR></TABLE>