Notices
Southeast Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, South Carolina

Augusta/Atlanta/Macon/Savannah/Columbia Import Vs. Domestic Shootout

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 02:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Augusta/Atlanta/Macon/Savannah/Columbia Import Vs. Domestic Shootout

Whats up HT. Ive been a member for a while but i haven't been very active. i live in augusta GA.which is pretty much a central location between atlanta, macon, savannah and columbia, sc. Split Second Performance along with some of the area shops has decided that we would like to host a import vs. domestic drag competition as well as a car show the first weekend in april. this is going to cost quite a bit of money and the purpose of this blog is to get some imput/feedback on the turnout we could expect. we think augusta is a prime location because it is smack in the middle of four other major cities. we want to hold this event with only street legal cars with the first day being an open race day and the second day for grudge matches. We will also have a dyno challenge and swap meet. Again the purpose of this thread is to see who would be interested in coming as well as to see what kind of turn out we could expect to see before we invest the money into the event. We would appreciate that if you were interested that you would reply to this thread in any way even if it as simple as typing interested so we could move forward with the next steps. We honestly believe this could be a huge event because of the central location. This event is going to be host on the local airport depend of the turn out of this threads it will be the dessition of taking all the airport or just one of the strips on the airport. Also this event it going to be street racing style so will be heads up hand drop racing. On this event you guys will be abble to set your own races. if any questions or coments please respond to this thread. All other states are also welcome.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:19 AM

Default Re: Augusta/Atlanta/Macon/Savannah/Columbia Import Vs. Domestic Shootout (street-crx)

i really need some type of reply on this if you guys are interested please reply to this really need your opinion on this
Old 01-20-2008, 02:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Augusta/Atlanta/Macon/Savannah/Columbia Import Vs. Domestic Shootout (street-crx)

hmm, sounds interesting, I think I would be down for this
Old 01-22-2008, 05:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i can get some valdosta kids too ride up this happens
Old 01-23-2008, 06:26 PM

Default Re: (Thundercat)

If you seriously think you can get the airport to let you do this I would be there for sure. I doubt they would let it happen though due to insurance regulations and flights taking off and ****. Ill have a domestic and an import to bring
Old 01-24-2008, 03:43 AM

Default Re: (TurboCoop)

well the airport is not the main airport here and we already talk with the owners of the airpot we doing this is to see the turn out because we need to know if we want all the airport (2 runways) or only one it cost more for 2 runways.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (street-crx)

I'd be down to go, if the airport agree's.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:05 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

id be down for that and i could talk some other kids from charleston to make the trip.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sign me up. We just had a dyno day run here in Savannah, and it was a good turn out, so maybe we can get a few of the guys and gals to ride out that way with us to your event....it sounds very interesting....i'd love to participate in the SWAP MEET...so people bring parts you'd love to sell...right?
Old 02-01-2008, 10:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i would prolly be down for this, just need more info....
Old 02-02-2008, 02:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Tuner Eddy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tuner Eddy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i would prolly be down for this, just need more info....</TD></TR></TABLE>

I 2nd that!!
Old 02-08-2008, 10:14 AM

swap meet, car show, drag racing. sign me up. and i can bring peeps.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sounds like fun.
I would be down for any gethering to see who else is around this area. Once confirmed, I would no doubt bring some other S2k'ers with me. Maybe even a few Detroit peeps up for a road trip down south.

Good luck on the airport though. I would love to see it happen, however from my experience setting up meets, events, drags and shows, I think we woul dhave a better chance parking on the 9th green of the Masters.

Is there any other alternatives around town? I would speculate several dealerships looking to promote and sponsor as well as plenty of real estate in the industrial side of town...
Old 02-16-2008, 08:33 AM

Wow, kinda different idea. Would be cool to see this happen at an airport.

Wouldn't it be easier to host an event at like Carolina Dragway? Just outside Augusta.
http://www.carolinadragway.com/

Especially since your trying to do an Import vs. Domestic Shootout.
I know April 19th is the IHRA Nationals in NC, so most dragsters or racecars would be up there, freeing up the staging lanes, so it maybe a good date to try at Carolina. I would think u would have the place to yourselfs and have plenty of track time.

I wouldn't be surprised if Carolina even agreed to shut off the Christmas Tree and let you go 'Pinks' style.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

updates?
Old 02-21-2008, 06:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im game for either carolina drag or airport!!