Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   South (https://honda-tech.com/forums/south-90/)
-   -   Buying a 1997 civic tomorrow! houston swap shops? (https://honda-tech.com/forums/south-90/buying-1997-civic-tomorrow-houston-swap-shops-2893809/)

NubImports 02-04-2011 09:36 AM

Buying a 1997 civic tomorrow! houston swap shops?

7 Attachment(s)
hello my name is steven ! somewhat new to honda tech. I am about to buy a 1997 civic coupe with some small body damage for 2000+ ttl it had a stock d16 im assuming and its 5 speed none vtec 146kmile he just replaced the clutch. ummm yeam im going to post pictures! i would loveee opinions im new need pointers and what not! am i getting a good deal? and does anyone know a good swap shop in houston so i can drop a h22a in her after a few months once i fix the body! about how much do you think im looking at on fixing the body damage? idk any responses will help me thank youu =]

NubImports 02-04-2011 10:29 AM

Re: Buying a 1997 civic tomorrow! houston swap shops?

bumppp =[ i need tips advice anyy thing

jspekaccord 02-04-2011 01:58 PM

since no one is helping you out here, here is a word of advice for posting on h-t...

Do a SEARCH before posting anything. you will usually find 99% of the info you are looking for to answer ALL of you questions.

NubImports 02-04-2011 03:14 PM

OMFGG i just want opinions on if im getting a good deal on this car man! im tired as hell of people always saying look threw the forum dude i dooo trusttt me ! im asking to have a personallll opinion!

SlickRick777 02-04-2011 07:57 PM

Don't buy it man, ur gonna spend too much money & in the end ur not gonna be satisfied.
Just look around find u a decent body, & upgrade dat.

NubImports 02-04-2011 09:02 PM

thing is i need a car asap my job requires alot of traveling i need a reliable car and a civic with 146k and a little body damage sounds offfflllyy nice cause i know body shop owners that will work wit me! and idk i just think its going to be tight to buy it fix the body then the motor then like make it looke clean lower and body kit and then paint and yeahh idk the before and after pictures of this car would be great =]

fleabag 02-04-2011 09:08 PM

how much do they want for the car? The body damage doesn't look THAT bad and considering that it was from the side, you may be able to "pop out" those dents and make it look like 85% better. Clean or salvage title?

NubImports 02-04-2011 10:53 PM

it has a clean blue title they want 2200 +ttl i already talked him down to 2000+ ttl but im sure i can talk him down to like 1900 plus ttl ! 136k miles new clutch no rips or tairs in the seats nothing wrong inside at all except passanger airbag is gone

fleabag 02-05-2011 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by NubImports (Post 44591077)
it has a clean blue title they want 2200 +ttl i already talked him down to 2000+ ttl but im sure i can talk him down to like 1900 plus ttl ! 136k miles new clutch no rips or tairs in the seats nothing wrong inside at all except passanger airbag is gone

A car beat up like that, 2000 is wayy too much.. Car doesn't have power anything and he wants 2k? It's a coupe with real body damage, clean title or not, $2K is too much. Ask him where he came up with $2k and then go on craigslist or auto trader and look for other civic coupes and show him the price. I can't imagine cars being more expensive in Houston than in the San Francisco Bay area..

fleabag 02-05-2011 01:37 AM

Perfect example of what I'm talking about:
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/2184292465.html

I'd buy the car but then again, I want a salvage title civic HX for around $1K that is safe to drive or $500 that is basically a "clip"..

NubImports 02-05-2011 02:01 AM

see thing is only other civics i can find are bone stock autos no rims no nothin with 180k plus miles! idk man i just feel like its a reliable car from a dealer that will be a great project idk man im open to any advice what should i do man! i think i can get him to go down to like 1800 . im not a mechanic but i use to work at a shop ive been messin around wit cars for years and i honestly feel like the big dents in the back quarter panal can be knocked out to make it look atleast a little better for a temperary fix ya know!? i have reallly bad luck buying cars(first car i bought d15y8 civic 4dr 93 sold to me with a blown head gasket patched with form a gasket lmfao, second 97 integra ls auto bought from my uncle andd about 30miles away from his house the main bairing spunn lol fml my 92 lude supeerr clean payed cash some slut ran a redlight totalled her =[ then on to the mustang gt 96 after 12kmiles of dogging her the rear end ****ed up, then on to the lexus es300 balljoint went out and it went like out of control and i bust my face on the wheel and then the bag slapped me so hard i got like a burn, then bought a civic with d16z6 dude had the exuast off of the car so it would be super loud and drown out the knocking in the motor lol im a nubb hens the name ! thats why im so stuck on this one because its form a dealer so i feel safe and its low miles and a good project! still think i shouldnt get it?

and pleaseee no one talk shit about my typing i look at computers like this...its technoligy made for my conveniance im going to type how ever i feel is the fatsers and most comftrable... no haterss its all im asking i get so annouyed by people on there little high horse about typing write lol if i was getting graded trust me it would be perfect =] but im not so chill out an leave these poor people alone haters !

BTW THISSSS SITSSSSS THE SHHHHHHYYYYTTTTT

NubImports 02-05-2011 02:11 AM

and dude btw the average price of a 97 civic with less than 180k on it is about 3200! i have looked at every single listing for hondas being sold in houston dallas and austin! hondas are the shyt around here everyones tuning them and with gas being so high people are just selling them for more dude!

fleabag 02-05-2011 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by NubImports (Post 44591375)
and dude btw the average price of a 97 civic with less than 180k on it is about 3200! i have looked at every single listing for hondas being sold in houston dallas and austin! hondas are the shyt around here everyones tuning them and with gas being so high people are just selling them for more dude!

You might want to buy a salvage titled civic off of an auction like Co-part/autobidmaster.com for $1000 and then fix the damned thing. I mean $2k for a thing beat up like that just seems like a lot. How long have you been searching for a car? I mean I thought I paid a lot when I spent $3500 on my Civic but because I was waiting for like 2 years, I felt I had spent enough time searching to get an idea of the price range. A M/T 4 door is pretty uncommon compared to a M/T coupe due to the different demographics the cars appeal to.