Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   South (https://honda-tech.com/forums/south-90/)
-   -   AUSTIN TX import scene (https://honda-tech.com/forums/south-90/austin-tx-import-scene-2622541/)

importracegirl 08-06-2009 05:46 PM

AUSTIN TX import scene

hey im from boston but am moving to austin. wuts the scene out here like? meet up spots? races? car shows? lemme kno thanks. i gotta civic coupe & an integra :)

seemed like austin people rnt too fond of hondas?

D50boy 08-12-2009 01:03 PM

Re: AUSTIN TX import scene

Seeing as how this has gone unanswered for so long, that should tell you how the scene is around here. There really is none. Unfortunately these cars still get stolen just as much. Most end up in San Antonio or Killeen.

lived dreams 08-12-2009 08:32 PM

werd...there is not much of a good scene as much as there used to be back in the day. On another note just try and meet new people here and work on the ride on your own private time so it does not get hated on or jacked...pretty much what i do.

ForcedAccord 08-13-2009 05:39 AM

Import scene is good, you don't hear fartcans and the sound of wind flowing over a spoiler on a FWD car. It's nice. :)

.:Swig:. 08-14-2009 01:28 AM

how does a bunch of hybrids, stock cars, and occasional lambos sound?

Si Jeff 08-14-2009 05:12 PM

people just laying low due to thieves in Dallas, San Antonio, Houston, and Austin. Kinda hard to enjoy a well built and clean honda these days.

.:Swig:. 08-16-2009 12:20 AM

wait wait.... si jeff you're in austin now? lets talk about some shoots.

Si Jeff 08-17-2009 08:04 PM

Hey what's up doggie? I still live in TX. I am usually down in the Austin area a couple of times a month. Just temporarily out of the state at the moment though. There needs to be some sort of a statewide meet. Similar to IA but obviously it will be smaller.

Si Jeff 08-17-2009 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by D50boy (Post 39599923)
Unfortunately these cars still get stolen just as much. Most end up in San Antonio or Killeen.

Killeen? what cars ended up in killeen?

dudeitsahonda 08-25-2009 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by ForcedAccord (Post 39608315)
Import scene is good, Iyou don't hear fartcans and the sound of wind flowing over a spoiler on a FWD car. t's nice. :)

im not sure if your deaf and blind but you cant be serious. those things are everywhere!
i seriously dont mean to offend you but i would have to absolutely disagree with that statement.

213374U 08-27-2009 10:25 AM

The "scene" here is pretty non-existent. With VERY few people to enjoy the hobby with, and my hectic schedule, I'm in the process of returning everything to "mostly" stock. Just not like it was around base in NC :(

ForcedAccord 09-01-2009 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by dudeitsahonda (Post 39753175)
im not sure if your deaf and blind but you cant be serious. those things are everywhere!
i seriously dont mean to offend you but i would have to absolutely disagree with that statement.

I guess it depends on which part of Austin you are hanging out in.

And to refer to the above post of what it does sound like... sounds like stock exhausts (which typically doesn't sound like anything).

ahobbs 09-07-2009 09:44 AM

Austin has a scene. It's just hidden. It took me forever to find good groups of people. Can't really say there is a great Honda scene but import scene, yes it's here. I would advise not letting anyone know where you live.

FFFRESH 09-09-2009 09:21 PM

We should throw a huge Texas meet! (: Doo it Antwaine!

ahobbs 09-09-2009 10:14 PM

Something is coming....

rokwilder1 09-09-2009 10:36 PM

bout four or five years ago i think peeps use to meet up off 183, most recently saw some peeps off Slaughter & 35, not sure now though. There are some very refined cars in Atx though, from honda to 2jzgte sc300's, even the Walser Supra. Had a R33 skyline, sr20det 240 and a one-off twin turbo 350z IN 1995 in the garages next to mine in my apartments off of Little Texas Ln. There is the WRX crew that use to run 2222, Tyrone use to have Tybrid in Round Rock and if you have not peeped the shop on Hancock, you def have too. They have crazy random cars from fully built hot rods, to twin turbo vipers, to a Nissan Pulsar GTR and dont even get me started and the rediculous amount of hardtop supras laying around in various stages of tear down and build.

Moving back to Austin from San Antonio at the end of this month, anyone know of any "GREAT" body shops?

ahobbs 09-10-2009 06:31 AM

And Tyrone is the biggest theif in Austin. Thats why he got busted years ago. I know good body shops. He works for himself and did my entire car. Look at my profile and you can see my pictures

rokwilder1 09-14-2009 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by HybridcivicLS-T (Post 39918186)
And Tyrone is the biggest theif in Austin. Thats why he got busted years ago. I know good body shops. He works for himself and did my entire car. Look at my profile and you can see my pictures

Nice, pm me info, please.

213374U 09-16-2009 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by FFFRESH (Post 39915856)
We should throw a huge Texas meet! (: Doo it Antwaine!

Tiff.... always tryin' to get a meet going. F'ing instigator :P

SnailTypeR 09-21-2009 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by HybridcivicLS-T (Post 39885535)
Austin has a scene. It's just hidden. It took me forever to find good groups of people. Can't really say there is a great Honda scene but import scene, yes it's here. I would advise not letting anyone know where you live.

I agree. It's definately here, just hidden. Which IMO is a very good thing, seeing as how if you flaunt every detail about you and your ride to a mass of complete strangers, it will most likely become a target.

But not to worry, there are some very 'official' clubs and crews, but once again, they're hidden for their own safety from thieves and the stuck-up tuner-hating part of the law here in TX.

In a sense, its up to you. I know of a couple places where there are public meets here in Austin, but its nothing special or sophisticated (however the hell you spell that ish).

On the other hand, I know of a club or two that are special and sophisticated, but UNFORTUNATELY, they don't allow imports (however this is up for debate due to some personal looking in-to's on my part.)

And just to keep rambling on and to keep up hopes of not only myself but others, I'm currently in the works of creating a club similar to RKC, except more local and privately social (hope that makes sense.)

So yeah, thats my take on it.

ahobbs 09-24-2009 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by SnailTypeR (Post 40033472)
On the other hand, I know of a club or two that are special and sophisticated, but UNFORTUNATELY, they don't allow imports (however this is up for debate due to some personal looking in-to's on my part.)

they do cause im in it, but they are defiantly a tight knit group. after my car is up i actually plan on making my own site for the Austin area guys that want to come out and enjoy company of other nice fast imports. then we can set up some runs with those guys.

i think i have enough clout that i could pull it off.

I will ms tiff but i need a running car. cant show up in a dodge ram. it will be done soon

soup06 09-28-2009 02:27 AM

i haven't been out there on a Friday/Saturday night.
not since it was over on riverside!
so i have no clue where they lie at
but like they have said its there.
and also like they said.
just find some good people who you trust and keep it social and fun
build your cars and enjoy em.

SnailTypeR 09-28-2009 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by HybridcivicLS-T (Post 40075304)
they do cause im in it, but they are defiantly a tight knit group. after my car is up i actually plan on making my own site for the Austin area guys that want to come out and enjoy company of other nice fast imports. then we can set up some runs with those guys.

i think i have enough clout that i could pull it off.

I will ms tiff but i need a running car. cant show up in a dodge ram. it will be done soon

I was mostly pertaining to NRRA. Those guys don't allow imports UNLESS you keep it super clean, pretty damn fast, and personally know people on the inside.

Regardless, that site/social group sounds like a really good idea. That'd be one thing that I'd really like to be active in.

Red_ED8 10-02-2009 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by HybridcivicLS-T (Post 39918186)
I know good body shops. He works for himself and did my entire car. Look at my profile and you can see my pictures

Well to be fair I had help :), and unfortunatley neither of us work for that company anymore so we dont have the vans :(. But I do work at Sterling Autobody now and I have to say they are the most thorough and picky body shop I've worked for. oh and let me know if you do start your own site.

ahobbs 10-02-2009 05:13 PM

yes nick you did one side, my fault and paul did the other, since then he has come back to do more work on it though. Paul is doing his own thing though now.

nice grab with sterling