Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   South (https://honda-tech.com/forums/south-90/)
-   -   Anybody in the Dallas (Mesquite) area? (https://honda-tech.com/forums/south-90/anybody-dallas-mesquite-area-3001911/)

5.0Thunder 11-23-2011 10:32 PM

Anybody in the Dallas (Mesquite) area?

Lookin for somebody that could help me diagnose some issues on an eg hatch with mini-me swap. i have a couple of threads about the issues but have not figured it out. possibly some guru that could eyeball stuff. Let me know, thanks.

NOFX 11-24-2011 03:10 AM

Re: Anybody in the Dallas (Mesquite) area?

Here are the OP's previous threads btw.

Just picked up a 92 hatch. D15 with Y8 head (Mini-Me) questions
wiring harness and computer for mini-me swap

1992 Civic hatch with D15B2 with D16Y8 head and manifold, P28.

OP has a lot of pics in his threads and thinks the car is throwing CEL 10 (IAT).

Wish I could help, but I'm not sure where to point you. Btw, I have a D16Y8 that is originally from one of my other cars and it physically appears to have the year stamped on the driver front corner of the engine. Pretty big font too. Hard to miss on mine. Just says "98" (which would be an OBD2A engine - 1999-2000 are OBD2B). Not really so sure that would cause any differences though.

Keep this thread tech oriented so it can stay in this tech section. I'd recommend you ask in the applicable regional section and possibly the classifieds too.

Good luck.

Libertariat 11-24-2011 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by NOFX (Post 46407982)
Keep this thread tech oriented so it can stay in this tech section. I'd recommend you ask in the applicable regional section and possibly the classifieds too.

Good luck.

Well said. We'll be happy to help you with your technical problems if you'd like to iterate them here in the tech forum, but as NOFX said please direct your regional queries to the appropriate honda-tech regional forum. You're much more likely to find local guys looking for people like you in those forums.

NOFX 11-24-2011 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Libertariat (Post 46408289)
Well said. We'll be happy to help you with your technical problems if you'd like to iterate them here in the tech forum, but as NOFX said please direct your regional queries to the appropriate honda-tech regional forum. You're much more likely to find local guys looking for people like you in those forums.

Hopefully this thread can help bring more attention to someone helping to figure this out.

Offering $20 to someone if they can solve the problem might not hurt get some attention either. lol :shrug:

Former User 11-24-2011 09:00 AM

I'm moving this thread to the appropriate regional forum.

b18_crx 11-28-2011 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by 5.0Thunder (Post 46407541)
Lookin for somebody that could help me diagnose some issues on an eg hatch with mini-me swap. i have a couple of threads about the issues but have not figured it out. possibly some guru that could eyeball stuff. Let me know, thanks.

text me 214-693-5271 i Live near mesquite

5.0Thunder 11-28-2011 05:55 AM

Hey, I just got back to lubbock but ill give you a ring when I get back in 2 weeks. thanks

BTW, car still runs like this. Made it all the way up lubbock fine buy idle sucks

5.0Thunder 12-30-2011 02:13 PM

We are in mesquite now if anybody is in the area and could help. thanks