Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

H22A in 6th GEN IMMOBILIZED.

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2019, 09:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H22A in 6th GEN IMMOBILIZED.

I have a 1999 Accord with a H22A and I also have a 98 Prelude ECU with matching key. I also have the black box and ring around the key plus all the wiring and relays the block box connects to. Only problem is the black box came from a different prelude as the ECU did. And my Question is can I wire up all this **** that came out of the preludes into my 99 Accord and some how bypass the black box. I know I should just get a older ECU and jumper harness but after all the money I’ve spent on this swap so far I’m kinda left broke until I get my car working again. I also had to make a custom jumper harness from OBD2B to OBD2A and when I plugged it up n to the 98 prelude ECU and 99 accord wire harness everything worked besides spark. I got the starter and the fuel pressure but no spark. So real quick I plugged in the cars orignal 99 accord ECU just to make sure the engine was installed correctly and it fired up just fine. So there has got to be a way to get spark by bypassing the black box’s functions to get the prelude ECU working in my 99accord. This is my first and last post I will be posting sorry for the run on sentence
Old 06-18-2019, 06:57 PM
MM Gruppe B

Received 83 Likes on 76 Posts
Default Re: H22A in 6th GEN IMMOBILIZED.

Originally Posted by bfeistner1
This is my first and last post I will be posting sorry for the run on sentence
Strange thing to say if you are looking for help.

Immobilizer unit only disable the fuel pump circuit.
If you are not getting spark then it may be a wiring issue if there is a difference in the pinout from Accord to Prelude.
If the green immobilizer light is still functional, which it should be retained if you are using the immobilizer as it can also display codes, unless it is blinking rapidly the key is most likely still fine.
The black box that goes around the ignition lock cylinder is merely an antenna and only communicates the key signal to the PCM for security verification. PCM and Key are what need to match.