Notices
Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

Slowwww Build, CU2 TSX Content

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2019, 07:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slowwww Build, CU2 TSX Content

Oh man, where to start. I guess we can start with previous "builds" we'll call them. I've owned more than a handful of Honda's/Acura's over the years.

'94 del Sol S My very first Honda. It was slow, lowered on eBay coils. But had quite a few JDM goodies. JDM Headlights, Lower Fogs, JDM 3 spoke steering wheel. Wrecked this car like 3 times.

Moving on...

'95 del Sol Si. This is probably one of my favorite builds. Semi built z6, FnF coils, 97 bumper, Gram Lights 57s, Momo Monte Carlo, Recaro A8 Seat, Type R rear sway. This thing was a blast to drive.

Ended up getting hit in the front, was still driveable, but the car had a salvage title. Sold it for the next car...

01 CRV SE Hit that soccermom stage. This thing was a blast in the snow. Sold it for the next car.

00 Civic DX Bought this in the Tulsa, drove it back. Had coils the next week. Added some goodies, like the NA1 (NSX) front lip. Apexi WS Noir exhaust (not pictured). Engine was stock, and very slow. Traded for the next car.

98 Acura GSR. Found this car at a local stop and shop car lot. Guy had no idea what he had. He was having a hard time selling it, so I asked if he'd be interested in a trade...he bit. We worked a deal out where I kept my suspension and wheels from the EK. Swapped everything over.

GSR had issues that (at the time) I didn't have money to fix. So I traded for the car below.

01 Mazda Miata. Traded the GSR straight across...worst mistake ever. Had a aftermarket top that leaked horribly, sticker bombed front lip. Soon as I got it home, took the stickers off and painted the lip with trim paint. Drove that around for a few months...and picked up the car below. Had both cars for quite awhile.

'92 Civic LX. This thing was pretty clean. For having 200k on it, interior wasn't bad. Was completely stock, and I picked it up for $600. Drove this for 3 years, and kept it stock.

The civic ultimately died. My wife then decided that we needed something newer and more "reliable". I was driving like an hour a day, so I decided to pick up the car below for fuel mileage.

'03 VW Golf tdi. This thing was the biggest POS ever built. 2 months after owning it, the turbo **** itself. Then started having all kinds of engine issues (probably from PO lack of maintenance). It waas pretty clean tho. Threw in some pics of the turbo replacement, and intake mani after being cleaned. FWIW I'll never own a VAG car ever again.

Fast forward to my current car. Ended up selling the tdi and drove to KC (about 3 hrs from me) to pick up my new car.

'10 Acura TSX

Day 1

Added tint

Wife's car made a debut as well...

'14 Chevy Cruze LT2 RS...long story short...good thing it has a factory powertrain warranty. It's a pos...looking to pick a '19 RDX A Spec for her soon.

After a year or so of ownership, this paint was trashed. PO prob only hit the automatic car washes. It was time for a paint correction.

A few months after the paint correction, my wife and I took a trip to KC. Bringing the stuff down from the hotel room, noticed something didn't look right.......

UGHHHHHH...are you kidding me?!? Sooooo after dealing with my insurance, and my buddies body shop we (my buddy) said it would be easier to replace the front bumper rather than fix it (for time sake). I had been drooling over the Modulo (Sport) bumper on the TSX since they came from the factory as a option. Little research turned me on to that they were still available from Acura. They come paint matched, and ready to throw on. Best part...They cost about $200 more than a replacement OEM bumper, that has to be painted. Got my guy to order one up, also had him fix my headlights as they were getting yellowed from being daily status.

Sooo that's where we are today. I have plans for this car, but ultimately would like to keep this as a daily. Maybe lower it and wheels, then pick up a Honda Beat PP1.
Old 04-19-2019, 05:38 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Slowwww Build, CU2 TSX Content

Those are some nice builts. Nice Acura! I just got my 04 acura tsx running after a long winter just sitting around
Old 04-22-2019, 06:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Jguzm085
Those are some nice builts. Nice Acura! I just got my 04 acura tsx running after a long winter just sitting around
NIce and thank you! This will be a slow build as it still has a remaining warranty.
Old 04-26-2019, 07:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow that front bumper looks way better than the factory one. I never knew that those Modulo bumpers were a thing.

Good job on the paint correction as well.
Old 04-26-2019, 08:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by gramkrackers
Wow that front bumper looks way better than the factory one. I never knew that those Modulo bumpers were a thing.

Good job on the paint correction as well.
Thanks and thanks! The Modulo (Sport) bumper is perfect imo. They make lip kits for it as well, but I'll prob not get one. As far as the paint correction goes, I'll be doing it again in a few weeks. Then I plan on ceramic coating. Winter was not kind to my paint, so I need further protection. You should see it now...