Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

95 Acura Integra LS

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 11:18 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon4 95 Acura Integra LS

Hi guys so i just recently purchased a 95 Acura Integra LS with a d16 Z6 motor. I know a d series in a teggy but i bought for a project and plan on doing a swap but looking at the task in front of me its a mess. But anyway i took it for a spin the other day and it started sputtering y gauges were going crazy and then the car kept dying on me so i parked for a lil while and the crazy thing is it starts right up no issues no sputtering no gauges going bonkers and idles with no issues but when i give it a low rev doesnt shut off but when i give it a high rev it shuts off so im really confused on whats going on here im thinking it could be timing probably a new dizzy perhaps idk pls help
Old 09-23-2018, 07:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts
Default Re: 95 Acura Integra LS

Make sure you have the proper ECU.

It sounds like the ICM is dying usually before it goes bad the MPH gauge and rpm gauge goes bonkers and the engine shuts off, then when you let it sit the ICM cools down and the engine starts right up and fine until it gets too hot! Both the ICM and coil could be bad but I would try testing both the ICM and ignition coil inside the distributor then replace them as needed or simply try a known good coil and ICM. Very common issue.

It also could be a IACV issue. Try cleaning it with brake cleaner.
Old 09-24-2018, 12:10 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay will do thank you a lot for that information I’ll give it a try thanks I’m also running a p28 ecu
Old 09-27-2018, 03:17 AM
O.G. triple O.G.

Received 217 Likes on 195 Posts

Make sure all the plugs are seated properly within the engine bay as well as the ECU. People have a tendency of half assing simple work.