Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

1995 acura integra b18 leaking oil (new HG, new VCG)

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2018, 03:29 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon4 1995 acura integra b18 leaking oil (new HG, new VCG)

Hello all,

I have a 1995 acura integra ls, recently it cracked a head.

But I replaced the head, put a new head gasket, valve cover gasket, and new timing belt.

Now the issue is the car is leaking oil like crazy, looks like its leaking from the cam seals, head gasket and valve cover gasket.

Also the car feels like its not releasing the internal heat from the engine. Last time I drove it the car didn't want to go past 20mph.

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks HT
Old 07-22-2018, 11:58 AM
O.G. triple O.G.

Received 217 Likes on 195 Posts
Default Re: 1995 acura integra b18 leaking oil (new HG, new VCG)

did you properly torqued down the head bolts?
Old 07-22-2018, 03:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

You need to take the head to machine shop and resurface it. Also you need to get the block checked too for flatness to mate the head together. Valve cover gasket and cam seals aren’t that expensive replace those and check again for leaks. Also as said above after you get all that done make sure you torque the head bolts down to specs and in a cross pattern per Acura manual.

also too I always use copper head gasket spray so it’ll be sticky to mate the head and block, it always works great for me.
Old 07-22-2018, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by jorgelopez18
Hello all,

I have a 1995 acura integra ls, recently it cracked a head.

But I replaced the head, put a new head gasket, valve cover gasket, and new timing belt.

Now the issue is the car is leaking oil like crazy, looks like its leaking from the cam seals, head gasket and valve cover gasket.

Also the car feels like its not releasing the internal heat from the engine. Last time I drove it the car didn't want to go past 20mph.

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks HT
This is very common for oil to leak from the cam seals and especially if they were just installed, they should be pressed in after the cam caps are torqued on, you can put them before the cam cap but a layer of Honda bond is always good insurance.
Usually the oil leak will be from the highest point that's leaking, in your case its probably the cam seals and when it pools down and collects between the head and block it will look like the head gasket is leaking which is usually never the case. Replace the cam seals and press them it, just remove the cam gears and pick out the cam seals and press the new ones in. dab a thin layer of Honda bond around the edge if you want.

After disconnect the neg. battery terminal for a few min to reset the ECU and clear any codes, Start the engine with radiator cap off and check for any leaks, bleed the radiator with a funnel on until you see no coolant bubbling, have the front raised with the heat on full blast, after the fans have kicked on and the temp is at normal and no bubbles shut off the engine and put the cap back on.
Then grab a timing gun and set your ignition timing to spec. Then take it out for a test drive and report back.