Vehicles for sale Post vehicles for sale only

PA 1991 Honda CRX JDM B16A - Rare LSD Y1 Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 04:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1991 Honda CRX JDM B16A - Rare LSD Y1 Transmission

NULL

Last edited by pa.sales; 08-19-2018 at 05:17 AM. Reason: Tired of being trolled. Just want the post taken down. Some members are incredibly unprofessional.
Old 07-16-2018, 06:28 PM
Sanji

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Re: 1991 Honda CRX JDM B16A - Rare LSD Y1 Transmission

Just as a fair warning, those are Civic HX wheels. They're not "rare factory Japanese aluminum alloy rims".

The rust in the driver's door; the dented driver's quarter panel, driver's door, roof skin, and hood; duct tape on the rain channels; the (caulked?) turn signal; the AutoZone air filter; the home-made battery tie down using a bungie cord; the extremely worn driver's seat... all don't help your case for a sale at that price, just so you know. It is a decent example of a CR-X, but its also a 27 year old car with issues.
Old 07-17-2018, 04:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Rare Japanese Wheels... LOL. Good luck bud
Old 07-17-2018, 06:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 93grayeg
Rare Japanese Wheels... LOL. Good luck bud
I must be mistaken. I will update the post. My Dad got them from HMotorsOnline, and claimed there were from Japan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 07-18-2018, 08:38 AM
footwork mastery

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by toyomatt84
Just as a fair warning, those are Civic HX wheels. They're not "rare factory Japanese aluminum alloy rims".

The rust in the driver's door; the dented driver's quarter panel, driver's door, roof skin, and hood; duct tape on the rain channels; the (caulked?) turn signal; the AutoZone air filter; the home-made battery tie down using a bungie cord; the extremely worn driver's seat... all don't help your case for a sale at that price, just so you know. It is a decent example of a CR-X, but its also a 27 year old car with issues.
x2, curious what the paint looks like when not wet. Super oxidized?
Old 07-18-2018, 09:01 AM
2x0
Honda-Tech Member

Received 70 Likes on 58 Posts

Man, I really hate the way those short ram intakes sit right against the positive battery terminal :\

Ah well, nice looking CRX just needs some refreshing. GLWS
Old 07-19-2018, 04:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by .Grimace
Surprisingly it is not oxidized.
Old 07-19-2018, 04:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

FYI the car has never been tracked, beat, or raced. There are some minor blemishes that go along with a 27 year old car, but overall it is an excellent car

Last edited by toyomatt84; 07-19-2018 at 08:52 PM.
Old 07-28-2018, 03:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by .Grimace
Asking $7500 - REDUCED $6,500
Old 08-14-2018, 04:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by pa.sales
Asking $7500 - REDUCED $6,500
Asking $7500 - $6500 - REDUCED $5,939
Old 08-15-2018, 01:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Asking $7500 - $6500 - REDUCED $5,939
What part of Pennsylvania are you located in? I am located near Philadelphia. Would you be interested in any trades? Has any of the ball joints, tie rods, control arms, wheel bearings, stuff like that ever been replaced?
Old 08-16-2018, 03:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by superg6819

What part of Pennsylvania are you located in? I am located near Philadelphia. Would you be interested in any trades? Has any of the ball joints, tie rods, control arms, wheel bearings, stuff like that ever been replaced?
No trades. Cash or certified check only. I am not sure what all my father replaced to be honest. The car is in central PA, just outside of Penn State.
Old 08-17-2018, 05:43 AM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts

Y1 being rare isn't helpful, in fact, it makes it more of a PITA to source parts. You're leveraging really hard that this Y1 tranny is really valuable, and in the end it's much less desirable than a verified YS1 GS-R w/LSD added, or JDM large spline cable LSD tranny. Y1 had taller gearing than some of the J1/S1, and a taller less desirable 4.26FD too.

This is a $3,500.00 car if you're lucky. I'm being generous. While I can appreciate the detailed pics they also serve to show a lot of flaws - some pretty major. Maybe I'm biased because I'm in GA where we don't have rust, but even still this is only a $6,500 car if it's VERY CLEAN.

This one isn't.
Old 08-17-2018, 06:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I would respectfully disagree. The JDM engine, transmission, and Hasport mounts are worth $3,500 hundred alone. I'm sure there are more desirable transmissions in existence, but this Y1 LSD cable transmission was highly coveted by Steve of HMotorsOnline when we ordered the swap. It is authentic to the Japanese Civic SiRs and Japanese CRX SIs. In fact the Y1 LSD can only be found in JDM SIs, which adds to it's rarity. The initial vision of this car was to make it as authentic JDM as possible. Yes that adds to difficulty to acquire parts, but I'm sure they can be sourced from HMotors. A rust free shell in the North is getting to be rare and is worth quite a bit as well. Sure there are some minor cosmetic issues that generally come with a 27 year old vehicle, and I am not trying to hide them by providing detailed pictures. The car could obviously use some paint, but it is mechanically sound. It was never beat, always cared for, never driven in the snow, garaged for winter, and the B16A and trans only have approximately 46,000 Kilometers. I fail to see what your bashing of my vehicle accomplishes.
Old 08-17-2018, 06:55 AM
2x0
Honda-Tech Member

Received 70 Likes on 58 Posts

The JDM engine, transmission, and Hasport mounts are worth $3,500 hundred alone.
Yeah, but you'll never get as much back as you invested.

Mine had well over $10K invested in engine build, swap, turbo and other parts, and was in a clean rust-free body and shell in the north. And I still paid less than $6K for it. Just sayin'

Not that you'll have to settle with going that low, all just about finding the right buyer. You're not too far out in left field, but will probably sit on it for a while with that asking price.
Old 08-17-2018, 07:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I respectfully disagree.
I’m going to chime in here because I’m also from Central Pennsylvania and I saw your ad on Craigslist a while back (and now on here). I very frequently search for CRXs in the Tri-State area. And like others have politely expressed, the vehicle is far from clean, nor are the upgrades highly saught after, so you’re simply asking too much. A recently saw (well, missed) a very clean and 100% stock 1991 Polar White Si which sold for $5,200 just north of Philly. Your car simply isn’t in that price range due to condition. Your only saving grace is there isn’t many CRX’s listed in the area right now. However, fall is upon us and toys are going to be difficult to unload once winter arrives. Good luck.
Old 08-17-2018, 09:36 AM
Former Moderator

I would respectfully disagree. The JDM engine, transmission, and Hasport mounts are worth $3,500 hundred alone.
These cable B swaps used to sell for $1800.00 all day, every day. I own a B series 1990 Civic wagon, so I understand what the swap costs in total. The problem here is you're trying to sell ancient technology in a beat-*** shell for an asking price that people can buy K powered, much cleaner and newer cars such as EGs, etc. The cost of the swap to your father decades ago is 100% irrelevant to the current market.

I'm sure there are more desirable transmissions in existence, but this Y1 LSD cable transmission was highly coveted by Steve of HMotorsOnline when we ordered the swap.
I love Steve, but it's also his job to sell swaps. Nobody would ever choose a 4.26FD and taller gearing to pair with a 100% stock B16A. Longer gearing/taller FD only makes sense for forced induction.

It is authentic to the Japanese Civic SiRs and Japanese CRX SIs.
No again. Si-R, not Si.

The initial vision of this car was to make it as authentic JDM as possible. Yes that adds to difficulty to acquire parts, but I'm sure they can be sourced from HMotors.
Vision aside, nobody cares. Really. All I see is peeling paint, silicon caulked corner lenses, BENT *** PUSHED BACK CORE SUPPORT with missing factory stickers, etc. Is the fucked up core support JDM?

A rust free shell in the North is getting to be rare and is worth quite a bit as well.
Rust free? 100% rust free? I'll have to take your word for it. You do realize that rust free shells can be sourced a few states south of you, right? True enthusiasts searching for clean and straight examples are not too lazy to go out of state. I've paid to ship a car from Cali to GA. I've flown one way and driven another car home. You want nice stuff? It's going to take some extra effort.

Sure there are some minor cosmetic issues that generally come with a 27 year old vehicle, and I am not trying to hide them by providing detailed pictures.
I hate that excuse - "it's a blah blah blah old vehicle." Yeah? No ****. You're asking a premium price for one that's in premium condition. My 1990 Civic is actually clean, straight, and the paint is glossy and not peeling off as yours is. Age is irrelevant if you're trying to sell me on how nice it is "in spite of being old." All of these EFs are old. The black RHD one being sold a few posts away from yours is actually nice. Yours is not. At. All.

The car could obviously use some paint, but it is mechanically sound.
I'll redirect you to that ******* bent core support. How long has it been neglected, and driven like that?

What about the ******* bolted steel plate and rubber bungee cord? Is that to keep the positive terminal on the battery from arcing against that Pep Boys half-*** ram intake? So much for your "JDM" theme.

It was never beat, always cared for, never driven in the snow, garaged for winter, and the B16A and trans only have approximately 46,000 Kilometers. I fail to see what your bashing of my vehicle accomplishes.
It looks the opposite of cared for. Corner lenses are cheap. Maybe even cheaper than the tube of clear silicon caulk purchased to attempt to seal a corner lens. Speaking of the corner lens your panel gaps there are horrible. Might have something to do with the front core support being pushed back?

What am I out so accomplish here by "bashing" your car?

Bring you back to reality. You are trying to sell a beat-*** not even straight CR-X with an ancient B swap with a **** (but rare) tranny for the asking price of much nicer, cleaner, faster, and more well executed Hondas in the same age range or even newer. You're ignorant to the market. You're doubling down and looking worse only highlights to the rest of us that you don't know what a clean Honda is. Keep going though - it's entertaining.

After really looking at your car again you'll be fortunate to dump it on someone for $3000.00. That would be either someone as dumb as you, or someone who wants to yank the swap and put a SOHC in your beat-*** shell to recoup some moneys.

***BTW***

Your username indicates that you probably run a buy here, pay here car lot. Your sale ad definitely speaks to that too. "Private sale" as opposed to one of the cars your business sells. Not a big deal on the surface, but when I look at the pics and see how you "cleaned" the car to prep for pics it all makes sense. I can see swipe marks on the passenger interior door like you took a wet rag, or a rag with Armour All and just sort of wiped down the panel. Every jam, every channel (that's not covered with ******* duct tape?!), and the side moldings all have typical pollen/grime/dirt packed in them because it's obvious this car has been sitting OUTSIDE for quite some time. You literally hosed the car down, then took pics while the car is wet. Absolutely ******* lazy. AGAIN you're asking the upper reaches of the market value even at your used-car-salesman-rediced pricing of $5,8947.88 - yet you cannot even give it a proper cleaning and get the nasty **** out of the jams and crevices?

Get the **** out of here. You're on the wrong forum to try and bullshit your way to asking more than double what this car is worth. Go back to your local CL pages where hopefully someone as ignorant as you will eat up your bullshit, and buy that poor, tired CRX.

Last edited by B18C5-EH2; 08-18-2018 at 05:15 AM.
Old 08-17-2018, 10:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Also, you thinking standard Civic HX wheels are rare JDM optional wheels, shows that you aren’t as knowledgeable about the car/Honda’s in general as some of these other members. There’s nothing wrong with that; I don’t know everything either. When I seek help and get opinions from others who know their stuff, I tend to believe them though.

Old 08-18-2018, 10:59 AM
Former Moderator

WAY cleaner with K swap for $6k. Even that is above market value. Like I said before you're smoking crack @ +5k.

Old 08-18-2018, 03:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Fair enough. I still don't understand why you do not have anything better to do besides troll these forums and bash everyone's cars. I have actually had quite a bit of interest and two offers above $6k for my car. I'm working out logistical issues as they are in the mid-west.
Old 08-18-2018, 03:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm not a business dick head. My father has dementia, and I am trying to sell some of his vehicles to pay his medical expenses. You are quite unprofessional. **** off if you don't like the car.
Old 08-18-2018, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by B18C5-EH2
These cable B swaps used to sell for $1800.00 all day, every day. I own a B series 1990 Civic wagon, so I understand what the swap costs in total. The problem here is you're trying to sell ancient technology in a beat-*** shell for an asking price that people can buy K powered, much cleaner and newer cars such as EGs, etc. The cost of the swap to your father decades ago is 100% irrelevant to the current market.

I love Steve, but it's also his job to sell swaps. Nobody would ever choose a 4.26FD and taller gearing to pair with a 100% stock B16A. Longer gearing/taller FD only makes sense for forced induction.

No again. Si-R, not Si.

Vision aside, nobody cares. Really. All I see is peeling paint, silicon caulked corner lenses, BENT *** PUSHED BACK CORE SUPPORT with missing factory stickers, etc. Is the fucked up core support JDM?

Rust free? 100% rust free? I'll have to take your word for it. You do realize that rust free shells can be sourced a few states south of you, right? True enthusiasts searching for clean and straight examples are not too lazy to go out of state. I've paid to ship a car from Cali to GA. I've flown one way and driven another car home. You want nice stuff? It's going to take some extra effort.

I hate that excuse - "it's a blah blah blah old vehicle." Yeah? No ****. You're asking a premium price for one that's in premium condition. My 1990 Civic is actually clean, straight, and the paint is glossy and not peeling off as yours is. Age is irrelevant if you're trying to sell me on how nice it is "in spite of being old." All of these EFs are old. The black RHD one being sold a few posts away from yours is actually nice. Yours is not. At. All.

I'll redirect you to that ******* bent core support. How long has it been neglected, and driven like that?

What about the ******* bolted steel plate and rubber bungee cord? Is that to keep the positive terminal on the battery from arcing against that Pep Boys half-*** ram intake? So much for your "JDM" theme.

It looks the opposite of cared for. Corner lenses are cheap. Maybe even cheaper than the tube of clear silicon caulk purchased to attempt to seal a corner lens. Speaking of the corner lens your panel gaps there are horrible. Might have something to do with the front core support being pushed back?

What am I out so accomplish here by "bashing" your car?

Bring you back to reality. You are trying to sell a beat-*** not even straight CR-X with an ancient B swap with a **** (but rare) tranny for the asking price of much nicer, cleaner, faster, and more well executed Hondas in the same age range or even newer. You're ignorant to the market. You're doubling down and looking worse only highlights to the rest of us that you don't know what a clean Honda is. Keep going though - it's entertaining.

After really looking at your car again you'll be fortunate to dump it on someone for $3000.00. That would be either someone as dumb as you, or someone who wants to yank the swap and put a SOHC in your beat-*** shell to recoup some moneys.

***BTW***

Your username indicates that you probably run a buy here, pay here car lot. Your sale ad definitely speaks to that too. "Private sale" as opposed to one of the cars your business sells. Not a big deal on the surface, but when I look at the pics and see how you "cleaned" the car to prep for pics it all makes sense. I can see swipe marks on the passenger interior door like you took a wet rag, or a rag with Armour All and just sort of wiped down the panel. Every jam, every channel (that's not covered with ******* duct tape?!), and the side moldings all have typical pollen/grime/dirt packed in them because it's obvious this car has been sitting OUTSIDE for quite some time. You literally hosed the car down, then took pics while the car is wet. Absolutely ******* lazy. AGAIN you're asking the upper reaches of the market value even at your used-car-salesman-rediced pricing of $5,8947.88 - yet you cannot even give it a proper cleaning and get the nasty **** out of the jams and crevices?

Get the **** out of here. You're on the wrong forum to try and bullshit your way to asking more than double what this car is worth. Go back to your local CL pages where hopefully someone as ignorant as you will eat up your bullshit, and buy that poor, tired CRX.
Originally Posted by 2x0
Yeah, but you'll never get as much back as you invested.

Mine had well over $10K invested in engine build, swap, turbo and other parts, and was in a clean rust-free body and shell in the north. And I still paid less than $6K for it. Just sayin'

Not that you'll have to settle with going that low, all just about finding the right buyer. You're not too far out in left field, but will probably sit on it for a while with that asking price.
Thanks for not being a total tool like the other guy on the forum.
Old 08-18-2018, 04:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by B18C5-EH2
The black RHD one being sold a few posts away from yours is actually nice.
You do realize that the RHD drive CRX is being sold for $11,500 right? How is that even comparable to mine? It is not. It is a glass top with a Type R motor. I might have been out of the Honda game for a bit, but that is no comparison. The asking price is over double, and I doubt there are many CRXs left in the world that would compare to that glass top.
Old 08-18-2018, 05:46 PM
Former Moderator

You do realize that the RHD drive CRX is being sold for $11,500 right? How is that even comparable to mine? It is not. It is a glass top with a Type R motor. I might have been out of the Honda game for a bit, but that is no comparison. The asking price is over double, and I doubt there are many CRXs left in the world that would compare to that glass top.
The RHD one has a B16A, not a Type R engine.

I only mentioned his because it's nice, AND IT'S AS OLD AS YOURS. It's actually clean. You're right about your car not being comparable though. I used his as an example of how an old car can be clean to combat your "it's an old car what do you expect?" bullshit.

Only thing they have in common is they're both CRXs.

I LOVE how you ignored all of the other relevant, poignant points I made about everything else.

LOL!!!

​​​
Old 08-19-2018, 05:17 AM
No Big Whoop

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OP, you don't say what the bungee cord is for... what is it for?

Quick Reply: PA 1991 Honda CRX JDM B16A - Rare LSD Y1 Transmission