Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Ecu fuse keeps blowing!! Can someone please help me

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 10:17 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ecu fuse keeps blowing!! Can someone please help me

I was gettin on the freeway an went over some train tracks i didnt see and got on the freeway an started to accelerate an my car just shut off so i look at the fuses an my ecu was blown so i popped one in there an it popped about 5 minutes later i have no clue what can cause this an how to fix it can someone please help
Old 04-20-2018, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Ecu fuse keeps blowing!! Can someone please help me

Considering the fact that you mentioned that the car shut off when it popped I am going to assume you are referring to the 15 amp fuse that is top left of the under hood fuse box. If that is the case then what that fuse actually does is protect the circuit that is used to provide constant battery power to the PGMFI main relay. If that fuse is blowing then it could be one of several things, an intermittent short in the wire that runs from the fuse box to the main relay (Yel/Wht wire), the circuit board on the main relay could be going bad causing a short, or an intermittent short in the wire (splits to two wires) that runs from the main relay to the ECU pins (Yel/Blk wire). Given the options I would be trying to get another main relay to try out. Trust me when I say that opening up the main chassis harness sucks, and it pretty much requires that you gut the whole interior just to have room to work/get all the loom off. Hope this helps.
Old 04-21-2018, 02:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts
Default Re: Ecu fuse keeps blowing!! Can someone please help me

Originally Posted by surfingsk8r
Considering the fact that you mentioned that the car shut off when it popped I am going to assume you are referring to the 15 amp fuse that is top left of the under hood fuse box. If that is the case then what that fuse actually does is protect the circuit that is used to provide constant battery power to the PGMFI main relay. If that fuse is blowing then it could be one of several things, an intermittent short in the wire that runs from the fuse box to the main relay (Yel/Wht wire), the circuit board on the main relay could be going bad causing a short, or an intermittent short in the wire (splits to two wires) that runs from the main relay to the ECU pins (Yel/Blk wire). Given the options I would be trying to get another main relay to try out. Trust me when I say that opening up the main chassis harness sucks, and it pretty much requires that you gut the whole interior just to have room to work/get all the loom off. Hope this helps.
This is what happened to me! check that fuse!