Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

1995 CW GS-R Integra 5MT

Old 03-16-2018, 03:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 CW GS-R Integra 5MT

Hey guys,

So I recently drove up to Ohio from Florida to buy this 1995 Championship White Integra GS-R. The road trip sucked, and I did it both ways in one-shot without stopping.. Anyway, She has 120,XXX miles, and at some point was a very clean ride, until one of the P/Os went to town on her. It was at one point boosted, and was probably quickly deleted and thrown back together to be sold on the market. I've had a DC2 CW with JDM front before, but I hit a deer and it was totalled . I also have an AE86 GT-S hatch, but I'm over it as it's a never-ending project from Hell.

I just decided I miss going to the J/Y and finding parts, and the DC2 is so much cost-friendly (if you choose it to be). Not too rant, but I've had almost every fun chassis. At this point, in the next 10 years I see myself getting a newer car. I really thought for awhile who has taken care of consumers. Honda has never really stopped making fun cars. I was a Toyota fan for awhile, but I was really disappointed that the FR-S was not a hatch, and had a boxer engine. Anyways...

Quick list of problems:

-Rust underneath. Specifically around rear sway, gas tank neck, and suspension/brakes.
-Strong gas smell after my last fill-up reaching FL. Somehow I put in like almost 40 bucks worth of gas when she was a 1/4 tank. Anyways constantly smells strong while driving with any windows open.
-Way too low. Springs and struts seem fine (they are not adj.), although a highspring rate. But much too low and fender rubbing.
-Dumb fat turbo exhaust. Also mounted poorly and with duct tape...
-PO deleted antennae (not sure if GS-Rs came with power), and didn't plug the hole
-Ugly Momo wheel. Not my cup of tea. It feels nice but I can't stand it haha.
-Useless narrowband gauges, including boost, which of course I don't need! haha.
-JDM front is all kinds a fu**** up. Not the worst, but definitely nowhere near good. Biggest issue is previous owner CUT OFF the hood latch mounting bracket. I pray I can find another JDM "t" rad support, or just that mount (although it's welded to the core support). Really the biggest disappointment to me, because all you have to do is find a DA9 hood latch with cable .
- Not so great idle. I assume the IACV was deleted (have to re-acquaint myself with a DC2 engine bay), or it was tuned for boost, or the stock ECU is just throwing so many hands in the air. Also has a whale-***** intake, I'll be going to stock once I find the bracket, bolts, and airbox/flex pipe.
-All brake lights on. Brakes not happy.
-Something missing A/C wise. I'm sure you guys can spot it immediately, but the comp is there, I think I'm just missing the lines, and I didn't see a pulley so not sure.
-Performance wise, not so great. It seems the engine is good, just that it has problems delivering power to the wheels. V-Tec feels very muted and low-end, as well as top end isn't that great (although top end is a hair better). Also acts like a vacuum leak. I'm positive there is an exhaust leak.
-Fog lights in the JDM headlights, but no wiring or switch in the cabin.
-There are like 5 rubber lines that run from front to back that are unsecured. I'm pretty sure that's brake lines (although sad that Honda didn't make them hard lines ), and that's bad as they dangle pretty low, and could easily get caught on something.
-No washer reservoir or even components. also missing the rear fitting (it looks plugged?).
-Stereo is trash, although I give kudos to whoever installed it. Finding dash install kits for a DC2 is horrible if you want it to be flush, and not move. Rear speakers gone (PO had boom box speakers wired and unmounted. I said take this **** lol).
-And last but certainly not least.. DEM LAME *** RIMS!!!!!
Old 03-16-2018, 03:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 1995 CW GS-R Integra 5MT

Fixed the brake lights issue. Guess the PO let the MC reservoir reach almost empty... Also cleaned that dirty MC up .
Old 03-18-2018, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ECU needs harness fixing . Spliced in from the AFR gauge.. Also found out I won't have A/C for awhile.. Why are people so mean to Hondas? lol.

Andd my exhaust is like 4 inches!

Old 03-18-2018, 01:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its not too rough, but them pics coming haha
Old 03-19-2018, 07:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just a little love and she will be a beauty!
Old 03-19-2018, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks almost like mine, too.

Old 03-20-2018, 04:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by CloudStrife
-There are like 5 rubber lines that run from front to back that are unsecured. I'm pretty sure that's brake lines (although sad that Honda didn't make them hard lines ), and that's bad as they dangle pretty low, and could easily get caught on something.
Just read through your list, the previous owner did a similar thing to my car when i bought it back. They replaced two of the hard lines with rubber lines. That is super dangerous, i'm pretty sure rubber lines will not like that kind of pressure. i ordered new hardlines from acura, they still make them. They are expensive but its nice having pre-bent lines ready to go. The only line i had to make myself was the fuel vent line, for some reason they dont make that one anymore. Good luck!
Old 03-20-2018, 08:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

paint looks really good!
Old 03-21-2018, 03:25 AM
O.G. triple O.G.

Received 217 Likes on 195 Posts

Sounds like you bought someone else's headache.

-Rust underneath. Specifically around rear sway, gas tank neck, and suspension/brakes.
you bought a car from Ohio, not sure what you were expecting

-Strong gas smell after my last fill-up reaching FL. Somehow I put in like almost 40 bucks worth of gas when she was a 1/4 tank. Anyways constantly smells strong while driving with any windows open.
likely no catalytic converter or exhaust leak

-Way too low. Springs and struts seem fine (they are not adj.), although a highspring rate. But much too low and fender rubbing.
dump the suspension and get a new set of your choice...just not shitty Function & Form CRAP

-Dumb fat turbo exhaust. Also mounted poorly and with duct tape...
have a local exhaust shop re-do the setup

-PO deleted antennae (not sure if GS-Rs came with power), and didn't plug the hole
all Integras came with power antenna. Make sure to inspect and clean inside where the antenna motor is installed. Likely, there's mold or rust

-Ugly Momo wheel. Not my cup of tea. It feels nice but I can't stand it haha.
ditch it for a PERSONAL wheel. Looks 1000x better than Momo

-Useless narrowband gauges, including boost, which of course I don't need! haha.
PHAZE gauges? lol Throw those in the garbage where they belong

-JDM front is all kinds a fu**** up. Not the worst, but definitely nowhere near good. Biggest issue is previous owner CUT OFF the hood latch mounting bracket. I pray I can find another JDM "t" rad support, or just that mount (although it's welded to the core support). Really the biggest disappointment to me, because all you have to do is find a DA9 hood latch with cable .
You knew it was a shitty fitment, yet you bought it. Fix it or re-install the stock front.

- Not so great idle. I assume the IACV was deleted (have to re-acquaint myself with a DC2 engine bay), or it was tuned for boost, or the stock ECU is just throwing so many hands in the air. Also has a whale-***** intake, I'll be going to stock once I find the bracket, bolts, and airbox/flex pipe.
Fix the ECU wiring first. Anyone using duct tape for wiring should be kicked in the nuts, TWICE.

-All brake lights on. Brakes not happy.
Get this fixed ASAP before you get into an accident

-Something missing A/C wise. I'm sure you guys can spot it immediately, but the comp is there, I think I'm just missing the lines, and I didn't see a pulley so not sure.
Lines, belts, pulley, etc.

-Performance wise, not so great. It seems the engine is good, just that it has problems delivering power to the wheels. V-Tec feels very muted and low-end, as well as top end isn't that great (although top end is a hair better). Also acts like a vacuum leak. I'm positive there is an exhaust leak.
ECU, VTEC solenoid, or oil pressure

-Fog lights in the JDM headlights, but no wiring or switch in the cabin.
They're not foglights. Fog lights are mounted on the bumper.

Honda brake lines are hard lines. The P/Os rigged it up.

-No washer reservoir or even components. also missing the rear fitting (it looks plugged?).
search junkyard for parts

-Stereo is trash, although I give kudos to whoever installed it. Finding dash install kits for a DC2 is horrible if you want it to be flush, and not move. Rear speakers gone (PO had boom box speakers wired and unmounted. I said take this **** lol).
car stereo install on Hondas is easy, yet people still **** it up somehow

-And last but certainly not least.. DEM LAME *** RIMS!!!!!
No one forced you to buy the car.

Seriously though. All the issues with the car, you obviously knew about it before handing the money over. It's not like they appeared all of a sudden. I'm sure the previous owner sent you pics of the car prior to. Either get them fixed properly or deal with it. I would have walked away once I saw those SHITTY Phaze gauges. LOL
Old 03-22-2018, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by danteisme
Just read through your list, the previous owner did a similar thing to my car when i bought it back. They replaced two of the hard lines with rubber lines. That is super dangerous, i'm pretty sure rubber lines will not like that kind of pressure. i ordered new hardlines from acura, they still make them. They are expensive but its nice having pre-bent lines ready to go. The only line i had to make myself was the fuel vent line, for some reason they dont make that one anymore. Good luck!
Hey thanks man. Yeah, after I thought about it, I knew Honda wouldn't give rubber lines underneath. I figured the P/O replaced the hardlines with random lengths from Napa or wherever.. I checked the dealer catalog (I use delray Acura), and didn't see the hardlines for sale.. I'm hoping I can pull some hardlines off a junk car (Florida is pretty non-rusty). Here's hoping haha. Thanks though man.

Originally Posted by Huff
Looks almost like mine, too.

Dang, yours is pretty clean! When I go to the shop to have them fix the front end, I'm gonna have them paint the front bumper white, but can't decide if the hood will be black or white..

Nice bike too, I used to ride, had a CBR600, 1000, and a GSX-R 1100 (before they had the Hayabusa 1300, it was carb'd). I got into a nasty accident, but always wanted to pick it back up. Convertibles help hehe.