Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Starting From Scratch.

Old 02-25-2018, 01:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting From Scratch.

So my phone will not let me search within the forum. I need to rebuild my motor, and may even get a new one, but I plan on doing a build to be my daily at around 450HP. Its an Integra GS. Any forums that outline what motors respond best to boost, tried and tested parts, and any other information that might be necessary would be appreciated. I cant search within the forum, but hyperlinks work. Help!!
Old 02-25-2018, 06:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 106 Likes on 91 Posts
Default Re: Starting From Scratch.

This honestly is a huge undertaking and if you don’t already have a good grasp on what is needed I don’t know if I’d suggest this.

Think of it as trying to cut cartwheels before crawling. Searching will be a must, if you can’t then you are doomed to fail IMO.
Old 02-25-2018, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ive been searching but cant get any useable information. My goals are simple I'm just trying to find what is right the first time.
Old 02-25-2018, 07:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

From my perspective see it as trying to learn how to cartwheel but all I can find is articles on backflips, somersaults, and links to buy a trampoline.
Old 02-25-2018, 07:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Here's a couple questions, with some prior infor.
The motor is a B18B1, and its needing rebuilt.

What should I prioritize if I'm going for a turbo build for around 450 horsepower?
High Revving+Turbo??
What brands should I steer clear from?
Are there any Frankenstein builds that may be worth doing in the works?

I'm capable of doing pretty much what I'm capable of doing. If not I can have it done, that kind of searching I can do. But within a specific list of threads, I cant be specific so it makes finding anything I need to know difficult. Most threads are a single issue being addressed, or unfortunately in my case, a topic thats not getting me forward with my own build. I'm making a parts list so I can get as much as I can before I yank the motor and start wrenching. I plan on doing my research and getting every detail right, but I need to know what parts I need to meet my goal before I can do any sort of research.

Any suggestions?
Old 02-25-2018, 08:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Based on what ive researched, I need rod bolts, probably gonna get piston just to be safe, new oem bearings, springs and retainers, camshafts are one that I'm in search of information for, hear the stock ones with adjustable cam gears is fine, the gears being another part I have on my list. Also need a head gasket and studs, might see about getting the head ported as well, and i may need the motor sleeved. Injectors, size recommendations are appreciated, fuel rail, pressure regulator, radiator, and the turbo kit obviously which is another topic I need addressed. I want a kit, not sure if I trust CX Racing. Things like exhaust and headers and intake are kinda my preference. ECU software is a must too, so ill check and see if there's a KPRO for that. Id also like to get an LSD.

Reflections?
Old 02-26-2018, 05:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ZackC
Here's a couple questions, with some prior infor.
The motor is a B18B1, and its needing rebuilt.

What should I prioritize if I'm going for a turbo build for around 450 horsepower?
High Revving+Turbo??
What brands should I steer clear from?
Are there any Frankenstein builds that may be worth doing in the works?

I'm capable of doing pretty much what I'm capable of doing. If not I can have it done, that kind of searching I can do. But within a specific list of threads, I cant be specific so it makes finding anything I need to know difficult. Most threads are a single issue being addressed, or unfortunately in my case, a topic thats not getting me forward with my own build. I'm making a parts list so I can get as much as I can before I yank the motor and start wrenching. I plan on doing my research and getting every detail right, but I need to know what parts I need to meet my goal before I can do any sort of research.

Any suggestions?
Based on what ive researched, I need rod bolts, probably gonna get piston just to be safe, new oem bearings, springs and retainers, camshafts are one that I'm in search of information for, hear the stock ones with adjustable cam gears is fine, the gears being another part I have on my list. Also need a head gasket and studs, might see about getting the head ported as well, and i may need the motor sleeved. Injectors, size recommendations are appreciated, fuel rail, pressure regulator, radiator, and the turbo kit obviously which is another topic I need addressed. I want a kit, not sure if I trust CX Racing. Things like exhaust and headers and intake are kinda my preference. ECU software is a must too, so ill check and see if there's a KPRO for that. Id also like to get an LSD.

Reflections?
What made you settle on 450whp?

Honestly if you are serious about this and have cash to spend now on it I would suggest going here. WWW.GO-AUTOWORKS.COM Online Store. Your #1 Source For Sport Compact Performance

Call them and tell them your goals and they will steer you in the right direction. Everything they have is great quality parts at a good price.
Old 02-26-2018, 06:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lol at dailying 450whp on stock LS rods (plus bolts) and not knowing how to properly search.
Old 02-26-2018, 08:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by CandyRedRC46
Lol at dailying 450whp on stock LS rods (plus bolts) and not knowing how to properly search.
Such a great worthless post. Congratulations
Old 02-26-2018, 10:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v

Such a great worthless post. Congratulations
Yours and this entire thread, is no better lol.
Lets make it better:

You will need to upgrade the rods.
You will need to learn how to research.
Just look at showcase builds, that are turbo charged an in the 300-500 hp range.
Old 02-26-2018, 04:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by CandyRedRC46
Yours and this entire thread, is no better lol.
Lets make it better:

You will need to upgrade the rods.
You will need to learn how to research.
Just look at showcase builds, that are turbo charged an in the 300-500 hp range.
LOLOL @ This thread and rod bolts

That is not equal to anything else in this thread. He asked questions, I supplied advice to help him instead of spoon feeding him. If you cannot nor want to help in any way then simply move on. Or does your lack of maturity not allow you to do so?
Old 02-26-2018, 08:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I agree with @Stopsign.
Whereas i cant help that the thread is trash, I can help the fact that some of you are coming off at me with too much overseer for your angle kit to handle. Now I understand the ones who been there done that thinking they know it all, and that they can use these forums to ********** their miserably large egos by acting like the world is retarded.
If you can't understand the questions I asked in the OP then you're the problem, Keep your witty comments to yourself, and find a troll or someone genuinely stupid to **** talk, via keyboard, with the utmost self-entitled furiosity.

IM COMPILING A PARTS LIST FOR A 450 HORSEPOWER INTEGRA LS.
SOME DETAILS ARE ABOVE, IF ITS VAGUE TO YOU, ASK A QUESTION.WE ARE ADULTS HERE, NOT CHILDREN. AND IM NOT GONNQ HAVE AN OVERSIZED CHILD SECOND GUESS, CRITICIZE, AND DEMEAN MY BUILD WHILE PUTTING 0 HELPFUL INFORMATION.

I AM GLAD YOU FEEL MASCULINE, BUT THIS IS A BUILD THREAD. IF YOU ARENT CONTRIBUTING TO SAID BUILD, YOU CAN CARRY OVER YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE NEXT THREAD. OR MAKE A KIDZONE THREAD SPECIFICALLY FOR THE DIPSHITS LIKE YOU.

Next question, non car related; are you REALLY the type of person that stands there and watches somebody work on something, like a build, and then when something randomly goes wrong it's, "Oh, well; shouldve taken my advice."?

Well 1.) If the answer is yes, id hope you wouldn't be here on a forum because you already know everything.
2.) In reality, youre probably not. You just have a stick up your *** for literally no reason.

I'm just trying to get my ******* car running, and build it at the same time. If you're Captain KnowsItAll of the HondaTech forum, quit being stingy with all that knowledge and share it so I can get my own **** going. There's really no need to waste peoples time with ridicule. It just makes one seem like a ***** and makes the whole project less fun. I really dont understand why people like you will insist on throwing your near-worthless opinion in without even addressing that there was a question asked. Do us all a favor and oust yourself from the forum in general, if not I'm gonna sit here and emit the longest annoyed responses never before seen by mankind. You, my friend; are a useless opinion that must reproduce by spreading your jabbering incompetant nonsense, and for the sake of time and personal stress levels, please stick to the topic. Its really not hard.

Opinions on camshafts??
Old 02-27-2018, 05:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Opinions on camshafts??
Before that decision you need to figure out if you plan on staying nonvtec or going vtec, going vtec will make this goal MUCH easier.

Also at 450whp you will probably for sure need to go E85 or atleast more than 93 octane. (100% sure if you do not go vtec)
Old 02-27-2018, 05:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The butt hurt in this thread is through the roof lol.
Old 02-27-2018, 05:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Im just a blunt person. @Candy Red

@Stopsign ive heard some things about LS/V and F/I not cooperating. Something about already high compression+boost. Its put off my decision to just buy a B18C1 head
Old 02-27-2018, 05:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Then again I do know that the LS head doesnt flow near as well. I probably should since the fact its a higher flowing head means that charge air has less resistance in making its way to the motor which may quicken throttle response and cause less wear on the turbo components.
Old 02-27-2018, 06:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Im just a blunt person. @Candy Red

@Stopsign ive heard some things about LS/V and F/I not cooperating. Something about already high compression+boost. Its put off my decision to just buy a B18C1 head
LSV plus boost is less of a compression issue and more of an issue with oil feeds. Typically for going LSV you will need an additional oil feed for the VTEC conversion (usually an oil filter sandwich plate/adapter) and then when you add a turbo, you will need an additional oil feed for the turbo, (usually an oil filter sandwich plate/adapter). You see where I am going with this? As far as compression goes, that isn't an issue as you will need forged internals (both pistons and RODS lol) and the pistons can be ordered in which ever dome volume you choose. An LSV with stock pistons/rods will be at about 10.0:1 with a b16/r head and 10.2 with a gsr head, which is actually pretty ideal for boosting, but not a great idea, due to the factory rods/pistons not being very reliable at 450whp. If you had quality forged internals and a well built engine, a 10:1 LSV, B18b or B18c with a medium sized turbo, would be be a blast (after figuring out the oil feed issues with LSV and turbo).
Old 02-27-2018, 08:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I just skipped over the fuster-cluck that is this thread and here's what you need to look for;

10:1 Comp Pistons, Rods, B16 or GSR VTEC Head, ARP Head Steads, ARP Main Studs, Rod Bearings, Main Bearings, Injectors + Turbo Kit. That's a start.