Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Del Sol door window install help

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Del Sol door window install help

I got new windows for the Del Sol, as both the door windows were broken. Not the sail windows, the door windows. Anyway, I got everything apart, and got the window in, aligned correctly and everything, but It's all but impossible to access the forward bolt, that attaches the window to the track. I've rolled the window up and down, steadying it with my hand, trying to see if it lines up with a cutout or hole, that I can poke a wrench through, no dice. I tried angling my hand all funny and starting the bolt by hand through the hole in the door panel frame thing, above the speaker, but it's just not gonna work.

I searched far and wide for some DIY thread, or youtube video. Couldn't find one. I'd be glad to do a writeup myself when I get this figured out, although up to this point it was a fairly easy job

The picture hopefully illustrates what I'm trying to accomplish. The orange bar with two black dots represents where the track currently is in relation to the hole, the dots being the bolts. TIA for any replies.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Del Sol door window install help

I had to do the same thing on my old coupe when I replaced the regulator. I'm going by vague memory but I seem to remember the roller guide can slide around, kinda like on a drawer. I remember having difficulty getting my window to bolt up with the roller guide but this was because I slid the window through the tracks first. I ended up taking the window off track, bolting it to the regulator THEN lining it up through the tracks from the bottom and slowly rolling it up.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I got it figured out. The holes on the track that connect the window to the regulator, have a bigger section in the hole for the bolts. I threaded the bolts into the window slightly, and then I put the window in the track, and then just aligned the holes with the bolts, and slid the bar over so that it was in the smaller section of the groove, and tightened them down. It would have been easier if I had been paying attention but in my frustration I didn't think about it.
I made a youtube video covering the process, so if anyone happens upon this thread who needs further explanation, I'll shoot you a message with a link to the video and help the best I can.
Thanks for the input mate!
Old 10-19-2017, 10:29 AM
Premium Member

Received 189 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by ratchetEDsedan
I got it figured out. The holes on the track that connect the window to the regulator, have a bigger section in the hole for the bolts. I threaded the bolts into the window slightly, and then I put the window in the track, and then just aligned the holes with the bolts, and slid the bar over so that it was in the smaller section of the groove, and tightened them down. It would have been easier if I had been paying attention but in my frustration I didn't think about it.
I made a youtube video covering the process, so if anyone happens upon this thread who needs further explanation, I'll shoot you a message with a link to the video and help the best I can.
Thanks for the input mate!
Just link the video here mate!